SOM
    2002 firebird formula

another tune question

so with headers/OR-Y/SLP LMII catback and a Volant CAI what kinda tune should i get to get maximum potential?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

what ever tune it takes to maximize it.

are you trying to ask whether or not to get a handheld or full tuning suite like hptuners?
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

thats exactly what i was asking! i just dont wanna spend a bunch of money on something that i dont really need, and vica versa, dont wanna get stuck with something thats not gonna give me the best results

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

thanks a bunch, i looked through that particular thread but im not so smart when it comes to over/under tuning, just wanted to make sure i got the best for the money....thanks again

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

well, if you aren't too confident that you will be able to learn how all of that stuff works, then get a handheld if you want to be able to make changes when you want. other than that, it's go to a tuner and have them tune it. only thing is, when you make changes, you have to go back to them to get it done and costs more money.

My opinion is that with the mods and things you have done a handheld won't be able to correct. Your mods have made huge changes in airflow---you will need to be able to log the LTFT's for part throttle tuning and log the WOT AFR to get the optimum 12.7 to 13.0---most handhelds won't log or read that information so you won't know which way to go.I would recc. to go with a full blown tune--either dyno or driven. You don't want to guess at the WOT fuel ratio or you could damage your engine on the 1st outing.For example when i did heads & cam my LTFT's were off 18% and the AFR at WOT was 13.5. ----dangerous--- A year later when I put on LT headers the LTFT's were off 9% and the WOT AFR went to 12.4 --richened up.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Hand held is for mostly stock car I would say, for extensive modifications to fuel trims as said before you would need something like HPtuner software, with HPtuner software you could always go back and adjust things for optimal gains and you can use it when you add more mods because once you start you cant stop, it becomes part of your blood. you will see what I mean.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Thread Information