How would i hook up a second amp to the battery and the "remote wire"?

Im putting a second amp in and the remote wire for the amp and the second battery line have me confused since i already have an amp running to those. Any help is appreciated.

2000 Corvette

What's up!!! The remote wire you can just jumper off the other amp. Now the power wire is different, possibly. If your current power wire is large enough to support both amps you can just jumper it too, although a splitter is recommended. Usually a one in to two outs, If you are going to add more amps down the road you can get a larger one like a one in four out. Now if your current wire is not big enough for both amps, then you have to run another wire and just hook it to the battery the same way you did the other one (use a fuse!!!!).

Good luck!!

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

like the man said jumper your remote, i would run some 4guage wire from your bat to a splitter for power with an inline fuse from there 10 guage to each amp . better to big than to small.

Black
    2000 WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by 5150
    like the man said jumper your remote, i would run some 4guage wire from your bat to a splitter for power with an inline fuse from there 10 guage to each amp . better to big than to small.
    you really shouldn't advise someone what size wire to use if you dont even know what amps they are using. you are right though, better to be too big than too small.

gpz1100
    Who says size doesn't matter!

Here's a pic of my setup - http://home.comcast.net/~zx1100e5/pics/100_1142.JPG

The fuse block is a cheapy from knukonceptz. It accepts 3 4gauge on one side, and 4 8gauge on the other.

Since the main power cable is already fused at the battery (80amp), im just using the block as a splitter for the 4 gauge. The smaller amp takes an 8ga.

This setup works relatively well.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

my bad! im running 2 amps , one with 800 watts 4 channel running my mids and highs, and 1 with 425 watts bridged running my 12" kicker sub. 1225 watts total. if your running the same or less watts , the 4guage to 10 guage would be more than sufficient. good luck!

Like everyone else has said either jumper the remote wire from the other amp OR take the original remote wire and using a crimp cap just take two more pieces of wire and connect them all together with the crimp cap and run each wire to the separate amps.
    As far as the power and ground wires, your best bet is to use a Fused distribution block for the power wires. The ground can be done the same way using a ground block. Depending on the amount of power of each amp, the guage size of the wire will change. I would definately run 4-guage power and ground wires at least to a distribution block for future use.

Thread Information