Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Sheriffs Refusing to Enforce New Gun Laws

blue
    1999 TransAm

..couldn't help but notice the boulder sheriff's (who supports the democrats' gun control laws) claim that refusing to enforce an unconstitutional law is unconstitutional...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

kinda like "following an unlawful order, is lawful" or "I violated his civil rights because he was uncivilized"

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ..couldn't help but notice the boulder sheriff's (who supports the democrats' gun control laws) claim that refusing to enforce an unconstitutional law is unconstitutional...

I love how you keep saying he supported the laws. He didn't. I've posted the article many times pointing out how you're grabbing at straws on that one. The new laws that he did support aren't anything bad. He didn't say he supported the magazine law. And it's always awesome knowing people who work in the department who give me the inside scoop.

Since a judge ruled against the sheriffs, then technically they are obliged by their oaths to enforce the laws, although it's become clear the magazine law (the only one most people had any issue with) will be impossible to enforce, and therefor moot. It's a wonderful thing called discretion. I wonder if it will ever be enforced anywhere in the state given the problems enforcing it, as were pointed out by Weld County's sheriff.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 12-16-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I love how you keep saying he supported the laws. He didn't. I've posted the article many times pointing out how you're grabbing at straws on that one. The new laws that he did support aren't anything bad. He didn't say he supported the magazine law. And it's always awesome knowing people who work in the department who give me the inside scoop.

Since a judge ruled against the sheriffs, then technically they are obliged by their oaths to enforce the laws, although it's become clear the magazine law (the only one most people had any issue with) will be impossible to enforce, and therefor moot. It's a wonderful thing called discretion. I wonder if it will ever be enforced anywhere in the state given the problems enforcing it, as were pointed out by Weld County's sheriff.
    ..are ya kidding me?.. if your sheriff is "opposed" to it, why is it that in nearly every interview and publication on this issue the past several months, he's the guy interviewed and quoted remarks in favor of upholding the gun control laws?...

...also, the court didn't rule against the sheriffs challenge on the principle, ...they said they said there case was ambiguous and they have standing to sue collectively... basically legal technicality mumbo-jumbo...

...and since when is "discretion" such a wonderful thing, ...at least compared to not having the infringing law in the first place... "discretion" means arbitrary, and that means special treatment for some folks and not others, ...i.e. getting caught w/ an illegal magazine in boulder county, or worse boulder city or denver, and you happen to have a gadsden flag sticker on your bumper, probably ain't going to garner you favorable discretion...

red
    95 Z28

..are ya kidding me?.. if your sheriff is "opposed" to it, why is it that in nearly every interview and publication on this issue the past several months, he's the guy interviewed and quoted remarks in favor of upholding the gun control laws?...

...also, the court didn't rule against the sheriffs challenge on the principle, ...they said they said there case was ambiguous and they have standing to sue collectively... basically legal technicality mumbo-jumbo...

...and since when is "discretion" such a wonderful thing, ...at least compared to not having the infringing law in the first place... "discretion" means arbitrary, and that means special treatment for some folks and not others, ...i.e. getting caught w/ an illegal magazine in boulder county, or worse boulder city or denver, and you happen to have a gadsden flag sticker on your bumper, probably ain't going to garner you favorable discretion...
    He came out in support of the other gun legislation, not to include the magazine law. That's the only one that's stupidly egregious. I don't care if he supports the others. And discretion is fine if they're not going to try to enforce it at all. Like has been pointed out by other sheriffs, it will be all but impossible to enforce.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Just like Obama, they enforce the laws they want to. In this case it is a good thing.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

blue
    1999 TransAm

He came out in support of the other gun legislation, not to include the magazine law. That's the only one that's stupidly egregious. I don't care if he supports the others. And discretion is fine if they're not going to try to enforce it at all. Like has been pointed out by other sheriffs, it will be all but impossible to enforce.
    ...he's in the small minority of sheriffs in CO who are perfectly fine upholding the 2013 gun control laws, that includes the egregious mag-limit-ban... sure it may be "impossible" to enforce, ...but it will be enforced by local police in some parts of the state, ...most notably urban areas on the front range... repeal the law, 5.0

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

...he's in the small minority of sheriffs in CO who are perfectly fine upholding the 2013 gun control laws, that includes the egregious mag-limit-ban... sure it may be "impossible" to enforce, ...but it will be enforced by local police in some parts of the state, ...most notably urban areas on the front range... repeal the law, 5.0
    If they don't repeal this law it will spread to other states like a virus and crush every law abiding gun owner.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    If they don't repeal this law it will spread to other states like a virus and crush every law abiding gun owner.
    ...well, that's just the overarching culture war,... but i think these laws make CO stick out like a sore thumb amongst its neighboring states... The problem CO has had is the libturded denver metro, ..boulder of course, and the greenie-weinie hipster/libturds who live and work in the high country...

red
    95 Z28

...well, that's just the overarching culture war,... but i think these laws make CO stick out like a sore thumb amongst its neighboring states... The problem CO has had is the libturded denver metro, ..boulder of course, and the greenie-weinie hipster/libturds who live and work in the high country...
    This is a great place to live. It's an awesome area. Unlike you, I don't judge an area by some of the stupid politics that go on. Not being able to get 30 round magazines hasn't ruined my or anyone else's life around here. I would hate to be such a bitter hating person as you. I know you like to badmouth colorado to try to get to me, like you like to denigrate any place where people's beliefs don't agree with yours.

blue
    1999 TransAm

This is a great place to live. It's an awesome area. Unlike you, I don't judge an area by some of the stupid politics that go on. Not being able to get 30 round magazines hasn't ruined my or anyone else's life around here. I would hate to be such a bitter hating person as you. I know you like to badmouth colorado to try to get to me, like you like to denigrate any place where people's beliefs don't agree with yours.
    5.0, a large portion of your state wants to secede and form a new state in order to escape the tyranny of the urban-leftist agenda being driven by denver... my state isn't perfect, ...but we, like most states, don't have parts of our state to the point they want to break away, ...just saying...

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

5.0, a large portion of your state wants to secede and form a new state in order to escape the tyranny of the urban-leftist agenda being driven by denver... my state isn't perfect, ...but we, like most states, don't have parts of our state to the point they want to break away, ...just saying...
    My state, New Jersey, is very far from perfect. In fact we have more left wing nuts and tougher gun laws here then in Colorado. The difference is we know our state is screwed up and we are slowly trying to fix it. Colorado is soooo stoned with legal pot that they don't realize how poor a condition the state is in. They will be California before they know it.

red
    95 Z28

You're using some half baked effort to secede by one county as your reasoning to hate on Colorado? And one that has no chance to succeed at that. At least now I know you've got nothing. Have fun in your flyover state that nobody wants to go to

My state, New Jersey, is very far from perfect. In fact we have more left wing nuts and tougher gun laws here then in Colorado. The difference is we know our state is screwed up and we are slowly trying to fix it. Colorado is soooo stoned with legal pot that they don't realize how poor a condition the state is in. They will be California before they know it.
    You're trying too hard. And most people think Colorado is awesome and New Jersey sucks. Which makes your attempted trolling even more hilarious. Its ok though man, I'd be bitter too if I lived in New Jersey, especially if it was voluntary.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

You're using some half baked effort to secede by one county as your reasoning to hate on Colorado? And one that has no chance to succeed at that. At least now I know you've got nothing. Have fun in your flyover state that nobody wants to go to

You're trying too hard. And most people think Colorado is awesome and New Jersey sucks. Which makes your attempted trolling even more hilarious. Its ok though man, I'd be bitter too if I lived in New Jersey, especially if it was voluntary.
    As I said New Jersey is a horrible state but we are working on fixing the liberal problems we have with left wing nuts, unions and welfare issues. I only live here because my wife and I have careers with six figure salaries and in about seven years we will be gone for good to a state tax free state. Colorado is broken beyond repair. You have cute mountains and you and your hippie friends can sit around, smoke your pot and say "Wow man, check out the mountains. They're pretty high just like us man" while collecting state subsidies and watching job creators leave the state. Like I said, Colorado will be California in 10 years if they don't change direction.

red
    95 Z28

You have cute mountains and you and your hippie friends can sit around, smoke your pot and say "Wow man, check out the mountains. They're pretty high just like us man" while collecting state subsidies and watching job creators leave the state. Like I said, Colorado will be California in 10 years if they don't change direction.
    Well, one of two possibilities exists with this post. If you're trolling to make me mad, you're trying too hard and being too obvious. Otherwise, you really don't have a clue what's going on in this state. You'd probably be disappointed at the lack of pot smoking hippies that are here, and surprised by the fact that the county I live in is one of the highest educated in the entire country.

And it's been even somewhat surprising to me, but now that they did all of the legalization for MJ, it seems to have become something that LESS people care about. Kind of ironic. And now we can tax the shit out of it and make money off of it. Cops love it too because quite frankly most of the marijuana related offenses they dealt with were a waste of time.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Well, one of two possibilities exists with this post. If you're trolling to make me mad, you're trying too hard and being too obvious. Otherwise, you really don't have a clue what's going on in this state. You'd probably be disappointed at the lack of pot smoking hippies that are here, and surprised by the fact that the county I live in is one of the highest educated in the entire country.

And it's been even somewhat surprising to me, but now that they did all of the legalization for MJ, it seems to have become something that LESS people care about. Kind of ironic. And now we can tax the shit out of it and make money off of it. Cops love it too because quite frankly most of the marijuana related offenses they dealt with were a waste of time.
    If you can, read your newspapers on local affairs. Colorado is now hosting pot tours to out of state residents. Nice, come to Colorado, get stoned and go home on a bus. Sweet. That's HIGHer education at it's finest. Like John Denver said in a song "Rocky Mountain High, Colorado" before he crashed his plane into the side of one of those cute mountains. I wonder if he was "Rocky Mountain High" when he crashed ?
    Last edited by 2002ssslp; 12-23-2013 at 05:11 AM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

5.0, ...i consider the label "flyover state" a badge of honor... oh, and we consider 30 rndrs as standard capacity here...

red
    95 Z28

If you can, read your newspapers on local affairs. Colorado is now hosting pot tours to out of state residents. Nice, come to Colorado, get stoned and go home on a bus. Sweet. That's HIGHer education at it's finest. Like John Denver said in a song "Rocky Mountain High, Colorado" before he crashed his plane into the side of one of those cute mountains. I wonder if he was "Rocky Mountain High" when he crashed ?

Oh yeah, you be trollin. Pot tours> living in the toilet of the east coast.

5.0, ...i consider the label "flyover state" a badge of honor... oh, and we consider 30 rndrs as standard capacity here...
    @ badge of honor. 30 rounders are standard here too, just ask our sheriffs who wont ever enforce the new law which probably wont be around for much longer, much like the state congress folks who enacted it.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Oh yeah, you be trollin. Pot tours> living in the toilet of the east coast.

@ badge of honor. 30 rounders are standard here too, just ask our sheriffs who wont ever enforce the new law which probably wont be around for much longer, much like the state congress folks who enacted it.
    I think this article says it all Mr. Colorado boy. Swanson: Colorado Becoming a Stoned, Gay, 'Worst Possible Hellhole on Planet Earth' | Right Wing Watch

Thread Information