Thread: Clutch pedal

Clutch pedal

Anyone have any problem with their clutch not coming all the way up?? It only happens when I really get on it out of the hole. I have to pull it back up from behind .

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by FIREHAWK0078 View Post
    Anyone have any problem with their clutch not coming all the way up?? It only happens when I really get on it out of the hole. I have to pull it back up from behind .
    DO a quick search on here most likely your clutch m/c has gone bad and cant keep up with the high pedal demand or your clutch pressure plate is eek and the fingers are getting sucked in on a high rpm launch.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    DO a quick search on here most likely your clutch m/c has gone bad and cant keep up with the high pedal demand or your clutch pressure plate is eek and the fingers are getting sucked in on a high rpm launch.
    ^^^ What he said. Clutch Master. What does your fluid look like and when was the last time you chnged it ?
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

It's kinda dark, car only has 20k on it, is that around the mileage it should be changed?

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by FIREHAWK0078 View Post
    It's kinda dark, car only has 20k on it, is that around the mileage it should be changed?
    The fluid should be changed when it gets dark but that most likely wont alleviate the problem. The master is 10 years at least and is probably leaking inside under a hard launch. My advice is look into a tick master cylinder it is 300 bucks but its leap and bounds better than a stocker. also keep in mind that the master MAY not be the issue although with only 20k on the clutch I doubt its the PP. Do this test go underneath the car and disconnect the master cylinder line at the slave cylinder. Now go back in the car and press the clutch pedal, it should feel rock hard and should stay that ay even if you put pressure on it with your foot when you do this if the pedal starts to fall towards the floor the master is def toast. make sure also when you do replace the master that you do a complete fluid flush to get all the old fluid out of the slave

Thread Information