Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    my vette has an x pipe, i don't know if that is stock ?
    C5's came with H-Pipes that make them sound like Tug Boats..

I went with X's on both of my cars

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I prefer the Y pipe. They fit the car the way it's supposed to. True duals dumped before the axel look ok on Camaros but still have ground clearance issues. On firebirds, bleh. No way you gain 30hp over a y with a cutout. Sound is subjective and personally I Don't think duals sound any better either.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I'm with INMY01TA! I had a X Pipe True Dual system from TSP and it sounded like shit and the clearance was horrible (WI roads do suck) Everyone of my friends hated along with me, I would get shit all the time about how bad the car sounded and I agreed. I took it off and threw it in the garbage and went with TSP Off road Y-pipe with Magnaflow and haven't looked back. Sounds amazing

PS: Did mention how I couldn't go down the road or out of my driveway without hitting the pipes on something. IMHO if you want true duals then do it the right way and spend the money.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

And the right way would be a Bassanni setup for about $900 or you could spend more on the Kooks true dual setup at about $1500.

Either way, they come with the X pipe, and it's ran out the back to the bumper. The Kooks setup is a bit loud for my taste with those bullet mufflers at the tail. The Bassanni uses a transverse muffler in the stock location and they sound pretty nice. Neither have any ground clearance issues.

These cars just aren't made for mufflers to hang in front of the rearend, floor pans are too low.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

^ Exactly but I can't justify spending that much money on exhaust. That would be one thing if that was the price installed but just for the pipe. Thats only my opinion though

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

i got my setup done from a local exhaust shop 3in pipe from the headers back including the x-pipe and mufflers for $250 parts and labor.

Some people see the Bassanni as expensive, but in reality, there isn't but one real full length 4th gen dual system to compare it to, and that's the recently released Kooks system at $1500.

Can't really compare any of the single catbacks to it, because the dual systems are in a completely different league. The only single catbacks that would perform on par would be the 4" mufflex, and they are $5-600 for their 4th gen kit.

Buying tons of exhaust kits myself for restorations on classic cars, the Bassanni isn't terrible on price in comparison. But like everyone else, I wouldn't complain if it were cheaper

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

imo a true dual system sounds bounds and leaps better than a y-pipe system, I've had a variety of y-pipe setups on my cars before I went with a true dual system out the back. I'll never look back

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I have had many compliments on my y pipe, cutout, magnaflow exhaust. Depends on your taste.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Don't get me wrong, the y-pipe setups sounded nice too, but yes they're completely different sounds.

The only complaint I can voice on my true dual system is the bumping and grinding, no matter how much I adjust it there's always some sort of grinding or bumping going on somewhere else. But I guess that just comes with a custom system that goes out the back. I wish I would've shelled out the extra hundred bucks at the time and just bought the bassani, so I wouldn't be dealin with the headache of messing with the system every few weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information