Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Best wheel/tire size for autocross/road racing?

I have looked though the sticky thread with pics of cars like mine and various wheel and tire sizes and styles so I know what I think looks good cosmetically.
    However I was wondering if there was someone out there that participates in road racing or autocross etc. as I would like some advice on the best wheel/tire sizes for handling and cornering etc.. Not just straight line drag racing that's fun and I will be doing some but is not the primary goal. This is my daily driver and I am not sure if I will install lowering springs due to issues such as a steep driveway I scrape on already etc.. Though that is not 100% out of the question if there were enough return in performance. I have a stock suspension now but do plan to at least get the Blistein gas shocks made for this car that only lowers it 1/2 inch if I don't go with shocks that come with the Eibach springs to lower it.

I do plan subframe connectors and torque arms and some other typical mods.

I Want to put some bigger rubber in back and get rid of the gap. How to balance the sizes for best performance is what I could use some advice on.

Thanks in advance.
    Comp Cams 242R, beehive springs, LS7 lifters, LS2 lifter trays, Comp Cam steel caged trunion bearing upgrade, Moly pushrods, Ported LS6 oil pump. Dyno tune...So far.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Best wheel/tire size for autocross/road racing?

If you are a subscriber to GMHighTech Performance, read up about their track car "STi Killer". They used Weld RT/S wheels which are lighter than stock. Plus they look sinister.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Thanks for the advice. I will check that out. Money might be an issue but a good place to start.

Thread Information