Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Junior Member supercharged woman's Avatar

Triple Black-Convertible
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged woman View Post
    I am here.......I am here.............I am here !!!!!

She is a real black beauty............especially when the top is down....you can't find a nicer looking car. I need to post some pics of her......

It looks like I can not post any attachments yet........So that means no pics yet.
    V~
    Never under estimate the power with in....

2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 M6 Convertible Triple Black
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharged w/GOLD package

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Vaughan View Post
    Sounds like we got a interesting thread going! I defer to you with the 350 stroker Nova. Pretty cool.

All of this talk is reminding me of things. I had forgotten the name Smittys for the glass pack mufflers. I did have full moon hubcaps! All of this stuff was just what people were doing then. Now I look back on it and it was kind of like the movie "Back to the Future"!

I went home for my 50th High School reunion. Flew across the country. Hadn't seen most everyone in 50 years. Most of my friends are still into cars; but BMW's, Lexus, etc. Still a bunch of gear heads. One of them had a 36 Ford convertible when we were in high school. He still has it!!

Since all of us have LS1 engines a book you might find interesting by SA design publishers is "How to Build High Performance Chevy LS1/LS6 V-8s by Will Handzel, program manager at GM Performance Parts Division. The book is written with input from the guys at GM Powertrain division and goes into intimate detail at the beginning of the design approach, analysis, etc. they did with the design and production of this engine. They are mechanical engineers and hot rodders, some known nationally at the drag strip, etc. They were very aware of the lineage of the Chevy short block that started in 1955 and were determined to design and build a new engine that would honor that. It is a very interesting read. Later chapters are about all levels of modifications. The book is full of cutaway drawings and photos.
    Yeah , I put a set of spun aluminum racing disk wheel covers on my 50 Ford shoe box , torched the front springs for that Hollywood rake with 4" lowering blocks on the rear with chrome duals & shorty lakes pipes . Oh yeah don't forget the porti-wall fake white wall tire covers . Then later came the chrome reversed wheels with baby moon caps . This was in 1958. It was the REAL American Graffiti man . We were livin it ! Is this a great country or what . No fancy calculators or high tech computers, fax machines or cell phones . We used slide rules & pencil & paper without the metric system , but our generation was the first to walk on the moon using the old American system of measurement - inches-feet-yards & miles ,gallons & cubic inches. It was our generation that gave us the computer . Take this younger generation's high tech gadgets away and I doubt that they could achive as much . Yes , they laugh & make fun of us old farts . And thats ok. You don't really start to appreciate old folks until you hit forty . If they live long enough their attitude will change one day in the not too distant future . Well , enough of my ramblings . So humor this ole guy .

Maroon
    2002 Camaro Z28 convert

You got it man!!

LOL (Better keep a low profile here or we are going to be on the receiving end of more of these comments about old farts reminicing about the good old days!)
    Last edited by Joe Vaughan; 04-14-2008 at 06:57 AM.

Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

Quote Originally Posted by dj'sws6 View Post
    Thanks for the info on how to post a picture
    Click for full size
    I love those wheels on black more and more, beautiful.

Black Vert
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1160

some updated pics

Red
    WS6 M6 Vert

Triple Black-Convertible

Okay, silly question? What is a WS.6 M6 ?

Red
    WS6 M6 Vert

Okay, silly question? What is a WS.6 M6 ?

ws6 is a ......... (really come on now thats just a silly question...lol)

M6= Manual 6 Speed

ps, how long have you had the bird
    i was crusing hills-burrito back in 2005
    lived in in , had to go to HB just to find a parts place

Triple Black-Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Topless TA View Post
    ws6 is a ......... (really come on now thats just a silly question...lol)

M6= Manual 6 Speed
    Well DuH!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have known that. See I told you it was a silly question..........................

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

We love blonde's ! And blonde jokes . Everyone gets one silly question per day .

Triple Black-Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    We love blonde's ! And blonde jokes . Everyone gets one silly question per day .
    Well that would be a good excuse..........But I am not a blond!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Well that would be a good excuse..........But I am not a blond!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

We are all still waiting supercharged lady . Earth to the supercharged woman ! Come in !

Triple Black-Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    We are all still waiting supercharged lady . Earth to the supercharged woman ! Come in !
    I am here, I am unable to post any pictures yet on this web site. How long does it normally take before you are allowed to post pics?

PS...............My Dad just bought a 2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6, T-Top Metalic Midnight Blue with 35,000 mile............Way to go Dad.
    Last edited by supercharged woman; 04-17-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans-Am

Another one to add to the convertible list

Black
    2004 GTO

I bought my 04 GTO in January of 04. Started modding it right away and was happy as a lark. Turned it into a 10 second car. In the mean time my lovely wife got the bug for a vette. Her working at a CHevy delaership didn't help! In July of 04 she found an 04 Lemans Edition vert that was a Pepsi 400 car. With her GM discount and it being "used" she got a great deal on a 3 year lease.

So for the next three years she had her vette and I had my goat. All was good, except that she wouldn't let do anything to her car other than exhaust, air box, and tuning. I kept going with the mods and we would travel in her car and had a lot of fun.

Then, last summer came and so did the end of her lease. It killed her to turn it in, but the residual just wasn't worth it. She cried but the vette went bye bye. Every time we passed a vette, especially a vert, she would just look at me and stick her bottom lip out.

Then my next door neighbor/ friend and our other friend both got vettes within the last two months. This did not help! A couple of weeks ago she went for a ride with one of them and called me to say how much she missed her car. That was it, I couldn't take it any more. I love my goat and have had a lot of success with it, but I don't think I love it as much as she did her car. So, a week and a half later, we are the proud new owners of an '07 triple black vert. We are going to share this car and I get to mod it however I want as long as it's driveable. She loves loud exhausts so I'm in.

So, we are on our second vert and couldn't be happier. BTW, the GTO is for sale in the cars for sale section. So, if anyone want's a 10 second GTO in excellent shape, check it out. **Procedes from the sale of the GTO will go to the Mod the New Vette Foundation. It's a good organization, dedicated to the preservation of gear heads**

red
    1999 trans am convert

Wavydavy,that was a great story!Just goes to show how much you love your wife! Good luck to you both and post up the vette when you get pics.

Maroon
    2002 Camaro Z28 convert

Very endearing!

I agree. Sweet story to read first thing in the morning. I could really visualize the whole thing, riding along in the car, her seeing a Corvette convertible and sticking her lip out! How can a guy hold up under this?!! Gotta love em!!!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Triple black ! SWEEEET ! Paddle shift or manual ? You lucky dog . Leave it stock for as long as you can . Ya'll enjoy .

Black
    2004 GTO

It's an M6. All the other cars were automatics so I wanted to try out the manual. I'll keeps the mods simple for now. Exhaust, air box, t-stat, and tuning is all I plan on for a while. Later I'll decide whether to go heads and cam, s/c, or turbos. But for now I'll just enjoy actually having a warranty, lol.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information