17 3.48%
  • I mix my own

6 1.23%
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234567891026364656 ... LastLast

BlackHawk T/A
    Nevermind

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    Since that GM sandwich adpater mounts between the oil filter and the filter landing and still requires use of the stock oil filter, you use three oil filters (the two large remote ones and the stock one)? Or is that link for a different adapter than the one you use and you actually do not still use the stock filter? I don't really like the sandwich adapters because they cause the stock filter to sit even lower, and since I use the longer filter this could really cause a problem with ground clearance. I don't want it to get hit.

Also, what is your opinion of the Amsoil bypass system vs. the Perma Cool remote filter system?
    Here...mebbe I screwed up..... I have this http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...86&prmenbr=361
    Goes from here to the dual oil filters..then from there to the Oil cooler....sorry for any... confusion....I have two filters.....works like a champ....
    Last edited by Sarge; 09-23-2005 at 05:26 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    Nevermind
    I have two cases of Amsoil 0-30 sitting in the shop. I'll send you a case (12 quarts) for $60 bucks +shipping (around ten bucks)...I aint no dealer....this is my cost basically......pay me after you get it...I don't care.....hell if you rip me off....I'm out $60 bucks...I trust folks......you will see/feel the difference immediately....PM me with your address and I'll ship it...then write me a check after you get it.....I got Castrol 0-30 GC (green) out the ying yang also

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by 97 Stang
    dino for me
    OK first off-I gotta ask-does that Stang got LS1 power?Nothin personal but-I wouldn't get nothin outa Modmotor.com myself-ya kno wat I mean?Anywhoo I use Mobil One 5W-30-where did you get the info on it changing to 5W-20 after 500 miles? Just curious. I think I'm becoming an oil junkie!!!:shots

Tonawandakid
    Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1
    OK first off-I gotta ask-does that Stang got LS1 power?Nothin personal but-I wouldn't get nothin outa Modmotor.com myself-ya kno wat I mean?Anywhoo I use Mobil One 5W-30-where did you get the info on it changing to 5W-20 after 500 miles? Just curious. I think I'm becoming an oil junkie!!!:shots
    Good oil info for you Junkies
    bobistheoilguy.com

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    I have two cases of Amsoil 0-30 sitting in the shop. I'll send you a case (12 quarts) for $60 bucks +shipping (around ten bucks)...I aint no dealer....this is my cost basically......pay me after you get it...I don't care.....hell if you rip me off....I'm out $60 bucks...I trust folks......you will see/feel the difference immediately....PM me with your address and I'll ship it...then write me a check after you get it.....I got Castrol 0-30 GC (green) out the ying yang also
    My PM's haven't been working otherwise i'd use one here...I might take you up on that, I need to see what this guy sells the 0-30 for, I only found the price for the 10-30. I will let you know in maybe 8-10 hrs.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Oil Additives: Good or Bad?

Question for everbody:
    Do any of you use an oil additive? If so, what?

Give us some details, like how often? ...how much (quatity, cost)? Why?

And for an even livlier discussion, If you don't use one, why? C'mon, we need feedback... we're oil junkies! Give us your opinions, good, bad or whatever. Just stick to oil stuff...we've got to have more!

Any special recipes, procedures (like, after you changed oil, if you had to put the additive in with the engine warmed up, or had to drive it immediately for some time, etc.)?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    My PM's haven't been working otherwise i'd use one here...I might take you up on that, I need to see what this guy sells the 0-30 for, I only found the price for the 10-30. I will let you know in maybe 8-10 hrs.
    You got it....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Question for everbody:

And for an even livlier discussion, If you don't use one, why? C'mon, we need feedback... we're oil junkies! Give us your opinions, good, bad or whatever. Just stick to oil stuff...we've got to have more!

Any special recipes, procedures (like, after you changed oil, if you had to put the additive in with the engine warmed up, or had to drive it immediately for some time, etc.)?
    Few things I have learned are real in the additive world....the rest is pretty much snake oil. But good post and question!
    1. Lube Control maintains the TBN in any oil...
    2.FP60 (Fuel Protector) works!
    Instead of me typing out all the advantages of both the above...here is the link... http://www.lubecontrol.com/lube.htm
    3. Valvoline Syn Power Oil Treatment....this stuff is the real deal...you can add a few oz's to any oil for improved lubrication and protection. If you want to run Dino oil...adding a bottle of this stuff greatly narrows the gap between Dino and full blown Synthetics.....great stuff with no residual side effects like many "additives"... http://www.valvoline.com/pages/produ...asp?product=21
    4. Royal Purple Royal Ice...not about oil But this stuff dropped the water temps in the GTO by 20-30 degrees......all by itself.....it works......
    http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/prpice.html

Question for everbody:

As previously posted in this thread, I add Valvoline Syn Power oil treatment & Auto-Rx to every oil used in my cars. Sarge's post before this one explains the benefits of the Valvoline & I use the Auto-Rx to keep everything clean. Have done an original Auto-Rx cleanning & flush in all of my cars & a maintenance does keeps them that way. Mix is approximately 6 qts. oil, 6 oz. Valvoline, 3oz. Auto-Rx. or 1 oz. per qt. of the Valvoline & 1/2 oz. per quart of Auto-Rx.

How often = Usually twice per year unless I've been high reving @ the track.

Quality is A-1

Cost = ? don't know as it's a not a cost issue. However, there is savings in taking care of the engine.
    Last edited by LS1-450; 09-24-2005 at 05:19 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Good call man^^^^^^
    Yes AutoRX is the best "cleaner" out there and works.
    http://www.auto-rx.com/
    Works well in trannies also
    How is this for an oil/filter "stash"
    Last edited by Sarge; 09-24-2005 at 05:45 AM.

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Good call man^^^^^^
    Yes AutoRX is the best "cleaner" out there and works.
    http://www.auto-rx.com/
    Works well in trannies also
    How is this for an oil/filter "stash"
    Nice

PM sent.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Yeah! Nice stash!

Regarding cost, if someone uses an additive, what did it cost? Some of the stuff out there is pretty pricy. That way, if we see someone wasting a bunch of money on a gimmick marketing additive, we can inform them of it. Or, if someone wants to try to justify the expense for any one of the "miracle" additives...have at it!

How many of you use stuff like Slick 50, DuraLube, ZMAX, Restore, etc? C'mon, I know you're out there.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I have a friend (who is a big Ford guy), who swears by DuraLube. Many times, he suggests I ought to use it. I don't, but do any of you? Why?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

OK, no bites in over 24 hours...

Lets get the oil related discussion going again. Sarge mentioned earlier (in post #111 on this thread) that Valvoline Syn Power Oil Treatment is "great stuff with no residual side effects like many 'additives'... "

Sarge (and/or anyone else), please elaborate on these residual side effects for the benefit of those who might not know.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Not to be rude here -but I did ask the question-Where did the info on Mobil One thinning out from 5W-30 to 5W-20 after 500 miles come from.If you're gonna make a specific claim like that and others there needs to be specific data to back that up.You may not be a salesman for that company but you are selling their products(that makes you a salesman) and maybe biased.Stick with the facts and leave the snake oil sales outa the forum.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

OK, no bites in over 24 hours...

Lets get the oil related discussion going again. Sarge mentioned earlier (in post #111 on this thread) that Valvoline Syn Power Oil Treatment is "great stuff with no residual side effects like many 'additives'... "

Sarge (and/or anyone else), please elaborate on these residual side effects for the benefit of those who might not know.
    I was referencing deposit/varnish left behind by some of the teflon based additives in my comment......Even Dupont...the maker of teflon does not recommend teflon be put into a gas burning engine.....
    Some good reading on the subject... http://www.skepdic.com/slick50.html

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1
    Not to be rude here -but I did ask the question-Where did the info on Mobil One thinning out from 5W-30 to 5W-20 after 500 miles come from.If you're gonna make a specific claim like that and others there needs to be specific data to back that up.You may not be a salesman for that company but you are selling their products(that makes you a salesman) and maybe biased.Stick with the facts and leave the snake oil sales outa the forum.
    Do not know where this is coming from as I went back a few pages and could not find your post...... My comment on the Mobil thinning is here
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge
    Mobil 1 0-40 is great.....use it knowing you are using some of the best base stock and additive packs out there.....I "hear" it thins after awhile.....that is why I sorta stay away from it...that and I can get Amsoil as cheap as Mobil 1 and Amsoil just kick the hell out of Mobil 1 in all the various stress test they do on oils......but the fact remains Mobil 1 0-40 is a great oil...just overpriced.
    I will say the UOA that I have done showed the viscosity to be down at the high 20's on my daughters car after 5000 miles....and of course there are many who "post" about it....I only state from personal experience....Blackstone Labs , last I checked is a reputable firm so I have no reason to doubt their findings on my daughters oil....do you?
    I agree so often I read things on the Internet that are no more than regurgitation of something people have read.......I applaud your demand for proof...but am also confused as to who and what specific post you are talking about...

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234567891026364656 ... LastLast

Thread Information