Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    99' 30th Ann TA

It also made the front page of Foxnews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,455945,00.html
    A Florida teenager committed suicide before a live webcam audience after posting messages online about his plan to kill himself, an official told FOXNews.com on Friday.

Abraham Biggs Jr., 19, of Pembroke Pines, Fla., died Wednesday, said Wendy Crane, an investigator with the Broward County medical examiner's office.

"He was blogging between 3 and 4 a.m. on the 19th, Wednesday, at which time he inserted a link in the blog to a live webcam and posted a suicide note, and then was seen lying down on the bed," Crane told FOXNews.com.

Bloggers then spent the next 12 hours trying to figure out whether to call authorities, Crane said. Biggs was dead when Pembroke Pines police officers arrived at about 3:30 p.m.

"Throughout the day, the bloggers were going back and forth: 'He doesn’t look like he’s breathing'; 'Should we call the police?'; 'Well, where is he?'; 'We don’t know,'" Crane said.

"Finally, somebody notified a monitor, who got his information from the sign-up, and then they contacted the local authorities."

A spokesman for the Pembroke Pines police department declined to comment on the case, citing department policy on suicides. But he acknowledged that an investigation into the delay in notifying authorities was "possible."

Crane told FOXNews.com that Biggs' death was ruled a suicide from combined drug toxicity. His system contained the depressant benzodiazepine as well as opiates.

A message posted to his final MySpace blog by his mother Friday mentioned a history of mental illness.

"Please do not feel sorry for us, we lost a beautiful but troubled soul. Instead, please use that energy to 'see' with your heart," the message said. "Mental illnesses, like depression and bipolar disease, are not temporary situations. It is something that victims live with and battle with privately."

Investigators won't know for several weeks, when blood toxicology test results are available, whether Biggs also ingested other drugs, Crane said.

The site that posted the Web video, Justin.tv, issued a blog post entitled "A Moment of Silence" on Thursday to acknowledge the death.

"We respect the privacy of the broadcaster and his family during this challenging time," Michael Seibel, the CEO of the site, said.

Messages from friends expressing their disbelief were posted on Biggs' MySpace page.

"i know your still livinq your life after death i miss you so much im so hurt by this," wrote one. "you was the coolest person ever i just dont know you would do this! man everybody is so hurt its so crazy."

Another said: "i miss you already. i keep falling asleep and waking up hoping this would all go away....."

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

" wrote one. "you was the coolest person ever i just dont know you would do this! man everybody is so hurt its so crazy."

Truely sad. No mention of Bodybuilder.com though.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

They didn't mention the fuckers that egged him on.

99' 30th Ann TA

they briefly mentioned it in the TBO report... barely

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Meh- it's a shame it happened, of course, but it's still the guy's fault and his alone. Can't blame a board for acting less than gentlemenly to a known troll who cried wolf before...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Everyone has problems...when the weak ones take their own life IMO it's Darwinism at it's finest. Hell since he was filming you'd think he would've made a show out of it...maybe some trigger or hang time But nooo...he takes some pills and lays down

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Everyone has problems...when the weak ones take their own life IMO it's Darwinism at it's finest. Hell since he was filming you'd think he would've made a show out of it...maybe some trigger or hang time But nooo...he takes some pills and lays down
    shows an insight of his character, doesn't it?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I think its really sad that a message board was all he was willing to reach out to in a situation like that. But for that live feed to run for the time it did, its ridiculous that it took taht long for police to show up.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    shows an insight of his character, doesn't it?
    Who me or the dead guy? If you're talking about me then yea it does. I don't feel bad for some guy that throws his life away when there's so many people out there fighting for every breath.

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I think its really sad that a message board was all he was willing to reach out to in a situation like that. But for that live feed to run for the time it did, its ridiculous that it took taht long for police to show up.
    Yea...from what i've read he had a history of pulling pranks like that so they didn't believe him at first.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

This whole episode is going in my new book, "Modernized Aesop's Fables", under the boy who cried wolf on a forum chapter.

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    true enough, a little selfish if you ask me but you never know, if he actually had mental disorders and what not people do crazy shit.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Best eye opening statement I can make to any of your slamming or ridiculing him is:

Imagine it being your son or daughter that people were saying the shit that was said there and here. Imagine them saying that and watching him or her die and egging him on to do it.

Then, see if if you're so cavalier and willing to say shit about it.

Probably not. Because if you are, there's something seriously wrong with you (i.e. you're complete trash) and I hope to God you never have kids.
    Last edited by Tide; 11-21-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Best eye opening statement I can make to any of your slamming or ridiculing him is:

Imagine it being your son or daughter that people were saying the shit that was said there and here. Imagine them saying that and watching him or her die and egging him on to do it.

Then, see if if you're so cavalier and willing to say shit about it.

Probably not. Because if you are, there's something seriously wrong with you (i.e. you're complete trash) and I hope to God you never have kids.
    Biggs wasn't forced to set up that webcam at gunpoint. He did it for attention. And attention is what he got.

Suicide is almost always a sad happening, but this is 100% on him, and him alone. It's not fair to blame the survivors and witnesses for his doings.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Biggs wasn't forced to set up that webcam at gunpoint. He did it for attention. And attention is what he got.

Suicide is almost always a sad happening, but this is 100% on him, and him alone. It's not fair to blame the survivors and witnesses for his doings.
    So.

You'd be ok with the whole situation if it were YOUR son?

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

So.

You'd be ok with the whole situation if it were YOUR son?
    Of course I wouldn't, I'd wonder where I went wrong raising him, since he committed suicide.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

That's not the point.

You're ok with calling someone else's child a Darwin candidate after their suicide was broadcast on a website and subsequently enouraged to DO IT DO IT DO IT...

Interesting.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

That's not the point.

You're ok with calling someone else's child a Darwin candidate after their suicide was broadcast on a website and subsequently enouraged to DO IT DO IT DO IT...

Interesting.
    It's a rough world, Tide. We can't save everyone from themselves every time.

Biggs set a course of action and followed through on it. To blame justintv or bb.com is ludicrous.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

blame justintv? no.

blame BB.com? not exactly

I can very well despise several of their members for being shitty human beings though

Nothing special
    Nothing special

I'm not blaming the websites themselves.

I'm not even blaming the people.

I'm just...I dunno...disgusted..by the responses of many of the people there and here. That's someone's child they're talking about that could easily be theirs one day.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    blame justintv? no.

blame BB.com? not exactly

I can very well despise several of their members for being shitty human beings though
    Exactamundo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information