Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

man, that's fukin jive-i'm glad you kept at him. It's not YOUR fault he got fired, he HIT YOUR CAR!

blue
    83 mustang 347

kill em all

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

update. still out my f'kn deductible. But my car is fixed; and ironically did need additional attention once I moved to NC. Very glad I insisted Ford do the work--R/R rear bumper with new clips once i moved here at no charge because bumper was loose on one side after repair back in TX

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

where in NC did you move?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You had to pay the deductible?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah the tow company was trying to fuck him, so his insurance said theyd pay, if he covered the deductable, then credit it back once they got the money from the tow company.....i guess they never got it

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

why not take the tow company to court?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

well he moved to NC from texas about ten days after it happened....it never escalated that far, i thought it was a done deal until now

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I used to do property tows to pay for college and It's the shittiest job I've ever had. I've had beer bottles, eggs, shoes and countless other stuff thrown at me. Peoples cars got fucked up all the time too. Usually from trying to hurry before you catch something on your forehead or 20 pissed off drunk guys come out to greet you. Doesn't surprise me the guy tried to deny it, most of the guys I worked with were low-life dirt bags.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    I used to do property tows to pay for college and It's the shittiest job I've ever had. I've had beer bottles, eggs, shoes and countless other stuff thrown at me. Peoples cars got fucked up all the time too. Usually from trying to hurry before you catch something on your forehead or 20 pissed off drunk guys come out to greet you. Doesn't surprise me the guy tried to deny it, most of the guys I worked with were low-life dirt bags.
    What he said, must tow truck drivers around here always pack a gun though.

white
    99 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    update. still out my f'kn deductible. But my car is fixed; and ironically did need additional attention once I moved to NC. Very glad I insisted Ford do the work--R/R rear bumper with new clips once i moved here at no charge because bumper was loose on one side after repair back in TX
    6 months later and still out your deductible? That's BS... Is you ins co dragging their feet on getting repaid from the tow co or what? It should not take this long for a simple claim like this one, you need to stay on top of your ins co to settle the claim.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo99ta View Post
    6 months later and still out your deductible? That's BS... Is you ins co dragging their feet on getting repaid from the tow co or what? It should not take this long for a simple claim like this one, you need to stay on top of your ins co to settle the claim.
    i dunno why he isnt replying

but his insurance was great when it happened, i think theyre having a hard time getting money from the tow company.

and the driver was a douche, he towed my car from his apt a few days before hitting his car. he got fired after this incident

red
    00 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    thanks guys! Just tried to call her (owner)...hasn't made it to the office yet..at 10 am... Told me yesterday she wants "some dude" to look at it. Can't find any info other than an address for "some dude's painting" online (replaced his name--don't want to call out some guy I know nothing about online). There is no way this guy is touching my car. Hell, the shop I got the second estimate from isn't touching the car. I did that figuring it was the right thing to do to validate the estimate I got from the shop I prefer (happens to be Ford) so she could be confident I was not trying to take advantage of the situation. estimates are within $100 Ford-$927 Other-$836. And the guy at 'other' didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned that the cali special bumper is different than the GT bumper...so I'm not confident he has the correct price on his estimate-it's half what the part is on Ford's estimate.. I'm anxious to get it in the shop and fixed. I see no reason for others to bid on it. I know where it needs to be fixed and the price has been validated by the shop SHE requested and went on to speak about how much she uses and trusts.
    you dont have to settle for the cheapest repair job. they hit it and they will have to pay to fix it. its the law in texas that they can not tell you where to get your vehicle repaird at. tell them where you want to get it fixed at and that they need to put u into a rental while its getting fixed. if they give you any shit report them to the bbb. if anything go through your insurance and they will have them pay for it

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

wow--didn't expect so much attention this late on this thread-thanks guys! to chiller--I am in Charlotte-university area. As far as insurance--yes i am still out deductible because ins company is still going through process of recovering from sloppy face tow company.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

wouldnt say he killed it but, sucks man

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information