Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Why ?? So they can sell like 20 of them??
    I'll have #1 of 20

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    I am planning on getting a 'vert (to try to keep this on a street car )

I think most members like the new car, it was just Luos that could not move on from the 4th gen....

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

At about 3,740 pounds, the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V6 is not a lightweight, but the 300 (or so) horses move its heft with relative ease. This is aided greatly by two reasonably good six-speed transmissions..
    Crap !! thats more than the LT1 made ...

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Click for full size
    TYVM, minus the stripes that is the one!

I just gotta keep this one a street car.....

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    TYVM, minus the stripes that is the one!

I just gotta keep this one a street car.....
    maybe the hockey stripe?

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

At about 3,740 pounds, the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V6 is not a lightweight, but the 300 (or so) horses move its heft with relative ease. This is aided greatly by two reasonably good six-speed transmissions..
    Crap !! thats more than the LT1 made ...

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Its look pretty good in the pics and such, but i dont think i like it bc i cant afford one lol...naw thats not it, im afraid that someone i know is gunna go out and buy one and smoke me up and down...bc looks i dont think it tops the ta

ive heard the numbers on it, but does anyone know the times? 6spd would be pretty sick.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    Its look pretty good in the pics and such, but i dont think i like it bc i cant afford one lol...naw thats not it, im afraid that someone i know is gunna go out and buy one and smoke me up and down...bc looks i dont think it tops the ta

ive heard the numbers on it, but does anyone know the times? 6spd would be pretty sick.
    The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro will arrive in early 2009 looking much like the concept. Of the three trims, the LS, LT and SS, the SS will be packed with the most performance goodies. Among them will be Brembo brake discs with four-piston aluminum calipers and much shorter gears, thanks to the TR6060 six-speed manual transmission. The 3.6-liter V6 will make 300 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque, while the LS3 V8 will lay down 422 hp and 408 lb-ft. According to Chevrolet, the V6-equipped Camaro will run from zero to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds regardless of transmission choice. The V6 coupe will cover the quarter-mile in 14.5 seconds with an auto and 14.7 seconds with a manual, both at 97 mph. The brakes don't sound quite as impressive, though, as the base Camaro stops from 60 to zero mph in 132 feet. Not surprisingly, the V8-equipped Camaro SS delivers better numbers across the board as the manual hits 60 mph in 4.9 seconds and runs a 13.4-second quarter-mile at 108 mph according to Chevrolet. Strangely enough, it also claims that the automatic-equipped SS Camaro, which is rated at 400 hp, runs from zero to 60 mph in just 4.6 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds

That is what GM says .. I dont think they have let out any to anybody to do their own test to ..

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    i think the great thing about this camaro is it is so new and advanced over the challenger and mustang. although i have yet to see the new camaro in person, the interior (via pics) looks way better than the mustang and challenger (which i have seen both in person). Did you really want an exact replica of the 69 camaro? it does suck that there isn't a Z28 package, but that may come in time....if the camaro survives. but, like ppl have mentioned, we'll just have to wait until we see it in person until we can make that final decision, Did GM hit the mark?

for what GM is offering, and some have rumored base SS MSRP for around a hair under $30k, i think by far, it meets my expectations.
    Ain't no WAY it will be under 30k. Every dealer in America will jack the price. I have seen one challenger in person and it had the worst body gaps for an 08 model anything.

Red
    1979 MALIBU, SBC T56.

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    i think the 5th camaro looks more like the 1st gen than what the 4th gen did.

new question....did anyone at all want the 5th gen camaro to look like the 1st gen at all??? or just a further advancement to the LS1 model? GM might have done this for 1, competing with the mustang, thinking that's what the public wanted, 2, as a gimmick because maybe this 5th gen won't last long at all.
    Never wanted it to look exactly like a 69 but there are some really talented artists that had made 5th gen drawings that were absolutely SICK!!!!. Gm should have used these.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by kensz28 View Post
    Ain't no WAY it will be under 30k. Every dealer in America will jack the price. I have seen one challenger in person and it had the worst body gaps for an 08 model anything.
    dont be so sure .. I dont think it will be like it was with the SRT ... GM needs to sell anything they can to anyone they can, not to mention there is a lot of dealerships that are hurting for sales now .let alone 6-7 months from now ...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

This car grew on me. Yes I like it. I like it in black. Yes I think it needs a diet of about 1k lbs. But I think they look nice.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I honestly think that the dealer markups wont last long on this car. The challengers are already going for sticker and less where I live. The Dodge dealers around here all still have their challengers. With the economy and the gas, these cars arent flying off the dealer lots. I'm glad that they are built though, just to have some nice american performance to still have some balls, even if it doesnt last.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I honestly think that the dealer markups wont last long on this car. The challengers are already going for sticker and less where I live. The Dodge dealers around here all still have their challengers. With the economy and the gas, these cars arent flying off the dealer lots. I'm glad that they are built though, just to have some nice american performance to still have some balls, even if it doesnt last.
    HA HA.. would be great to pull up beside a guy in a Challenger SRT .. He paid $70k for his in August .. you pay $30 k for yours in Nov ...lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

HA HA.. would be great to pull up beside a guy in a Challenger SRT .. He paid $70k for his in August .. you pay $30 k for yours in Nov ...lol
    People get too fuckin impatient on this stuff man.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    People get too fuckin impatient on this stuff man.
    I think i will help GM , because they are releasing the whole Camaro line all at the same time ..

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

hah, i made sure to put MSRP no doubt about dealer mark ups. Edmunds was the one saying it was for a hair under 30k.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Never wanted it to look exactly like a 69 but there are some really talented artists that had made 5th gen drawings that were absolutely SICK!!!!. Gm should have used these.
    oh, i remember in 04 and 05, artist renderings of the camaro were great! especially with some artist putting in the idea of hide away headlights. the production car is still close with those images though, i think we will be surprised to see what the aftermarket, individual's camaros, and professionally tuned camaros ( idk...maybe SLP...i really don't know) has in mind for the camaro's image and drivetrain.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

a guy here paid 20k over the MSRP..........for an automatic srt8 challenger. if i am waisting 20k for nothing (besides of the fact of having it before anyone else does)...i'll make sure to order mine with a manual.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information