Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best 1/4 time

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^I think that's my next mod. I want 110 MPH or better, keeping my gas MPG. If that won't do it, I will consider either a dyno tune or 4.10 gears.
    Ive done alot of searching and actually found a bunch of guys running 12.2's at 114 with lts/cb/lid. must be near perfect conditions and traction.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

So your dyno tune, after the road tuning, helped even more?

I was pretty impressed with my car, as I'm sure you were with yours, after that night over 2 years ago, and my gas mileage was/is high 27s low 28s still.
    Yes but it wasnt what i would call a real road tune. It was a friend of mine and me and a laptop, neither of of us are real tuners lol.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Ive done alot of searching and actually found a bunch of guys running 12.2's at 114 with lts/cb/lid. must be near perfect conditions and traction.
    Those cars probably hook up sick and pull 1.5 60fts, and or they are not stock weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Those cars probably hook up sick and pull 1.5 60fts, and or they are not stock weight.
    Yeahh I wish I had the driver moddd

black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I don't want to hear about it.....
    LMAO!!!

^^^I think that's my next mod. I want 110 MPH or better, keeping my gas MPG. If that won't do it, I will consider either a dyno tune or 4.10 gears.

The LS6 intake might do it for you. I installed it on my wifes car and after several runs I had mixed reviews. I would say more than 50% of the time it yielded about 1 mph and a tenth from previous best with LS1 intake. But as the day wore on the DA got worse. I started out the day running the car lean, about 13.3-13.4 AFR because of the elevation differences we have, and I didn't bother to flash in a fatter tune. Plus some other minor differences such as having to run 91 octane now verses the 94 I used to run, so I had to pull some timing out of it. So I chalk that test run up as inconclusive.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-19-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    The LS6 intake might do it for you. I installed it on my wifes car and after several runs I had mixed reviews. I would say more than 50% of the time it yielded about 1 mph and a tenth from previous best with LS1 intake. But as the day wore on the DA got worse. I started out the day running the car lean, about 13.3-13.4 AFR because of the elevation differences we have, and I didn't bother to flash in a fatter tune. Plus some other minor differences such as having to run 91 octane now verses the 94 I used to run, so I had to pull some timing out of it. So I chalk that test run up as inconclusive.
    I have seen ALOT of mixed reviews on the ls6 intake. Some say expect 5rwh on a bolt on car, some say 15-20. Maybe ill just go f.a.s.t

Blue
    1978 GMC Sierra

i had a 02 ws6 that i wished i had kept than ran a 12.5

Arctic White, red/gray

Yeahh I wish I had the driver moddd
    Well what tires and suspension mods do you have, cause they damn sure aint hitting 1.5 60fts with street tires and bone stock suspension.

Well what tires and suspension mods do you have, cause they damn sure aint hitting 1.5 60fts with street tires and bone stock suspension.
    Just sticky drag radials on stock suspension got my buddies down to 1.5 60 foot times on a 175 shot.

I have seen ALOT of mixed reviews on the ls6 intake. Some say expect 5rwh on a bolt on car, some say 15-20. Maybe ill just go f.a.s.t
    Ya I'm somewhat mixed on it as well. I think with similar conditions, more time to fiddle with the tune while at the track, I would have seen something more substancial. I'm sure it is worth something over the LS1 intake, I just haven't fully exploited it yet.
    The FAST intake is nice, but I'm not spending $1,500 plus on an intake for a daily driven street car. It's just not what our 4th gens are about for us. I have 60's muscle cars I'd rather spend that kind of dough on.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-20-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Just sticky drag radials on stock suspension got my buddies down to 1.5 60 foot times on a 175 shot.
    yes DRs they are street legal and road worthy but its not what i think of when street tire is said, i should have posted it as no DRs or slicks and stock suspension
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-20-2010 at 11:30 AM.

yes DRs they are street legal and road worthy but its not what i think of when street tire is said, i should have posted it as no DRs or slicks and stock suspension
    Just pickin on ya

I don't see why you couldn't get close to that though with stock rubber, considering the size of the tire these 4th gens have, and a few suspension tricks, but still utilizing the stock pieces, it's doable.

We did it in the pure stock class racing, and it was even more difficult considering we had to use the tires that were correct for the car,,,in this case, tiny little F70-14's bias plys with a 6-7 inch contact patch No traction bars allowed. I was running 1.90's 60 foot times but there were guys dipping well into the 1.70 range.
    Don't see why you couldn't do that or even surpass that in a 4th gen as wide as the stock rubber is. Just takes a little enginuity. I think it hasn't been done yet simply because the desire or the necessity isn't there.
    Not like there is any class racing for a 4th gen that requires stock rubber.

Arctic White, red/gray

Just pickin on ya

I don't see why you couldn't get close to that though with stock rubber, considering the size of the tire these 4th gens have, and a few suspension tricks, but still utilizing the stock pieces, it's doable.

We did it in the pure stock class racing, and it was even more difficult considering we had to use the tires that were correct for the car,,,in this case, tiny little F70-14's bias plys with a 6-7 inch contact patch No traction bars allowed. I was running 1.90's 60 foot times but there were guys dipping well into the 1.70 range.
    Don't see why you couldn't do that or even surpass that in a 4th gen as wide as the stock rubber is. Just takes a little enginuity. I think it hasn't been done yet simply because the desire or the necessity isn't there.
    Not like there is any class racing for a 4th gen that requires stock rubber.

Well then do it lol

Well then do it lol
    If I can do it in a 40 year old car on F70x14 bias plys,,,,I'm pretty sure I could do it in a 4th gen with 275mm tires. Just sayin

Edit: Come to think of it, I did go a 1.93 60 foot time with my 4th gen and wasn't even trying hard. Not a single wrench turned on the suspension and did that on all season BFG's, their mud and snow version, didn't even air them down, had 40 psi in em',,hahaha.
    I'll go out on a limb and say if I had a chance to tweak a few things under there I could easily shave 2 tenths from that.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-20-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

If I can do it in a 40 year old car on F70x14 bias plys,,,,I'm pretty sure I could do it in a 4th gen with 275mm tires. Just sayin

Edit: Come to think of it, I did go a 1.93 60 foot time with my 4th gen and wasn't even trying hard. Not a single wrench turned on the suspension and did that on all season BFG's, their mud and snow version, didn't even air them down, had 40 psi in em',,hahaha.
    I'll go out on a limb and say if I had a chance to tweak a few things under there I could easily shave 2 tenths from that.
    Then do it

If I remember right, it's already been done by a member here. I believe he ran a 1.70 60 foot with an auto, and the car ran 11's. He was on stock 245/50-16 rubber. There is a video of it around here somewhere.

Anybody good with the search engine??? LOL.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-20-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Ha,,,,pure luck,,,I found it

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ht=245%2F50-16

I was wrong,,,,he went a 1.59 60 foot on stock rubber

Arctic White, red/gray

If I remember right, it's already been done by a member here. I believe he ran a 1.70 60 foot with an auto, and the car ran 11's. He was on stock 245/50-16 rubber. There is a video of it around here somewhere.

Anybody good with the search engine??? LOL.
    Where did 1.7 come from, this whole time we were talking about 1.5

Where did 1.7 come from, this whole time we were talking about 1.5
    Look above,,,I found it,,,and he did go a 1.5

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information