Thread: 2001 LS1 Help

Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

Exclamation 2001 LS1 Help

Hey guys, 1st post here and kinda new to the scene so hopefully yall can help me out. I have a 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Automatic With 36k (There On The Left ). Its Lowered Front And Rear Swing Arms, strut tower brace. not much on the motor yet, Hypertech, Helix Power Tower, Flowmaster 40/QTP Cutout, Throttle Body Bypass.

I Just Sold My SLP And Put On The KNN Filtercharger Injection Performance Kit...Good Idea?

I guess My Big Question Is Whats Next...

TB/MAF? If so Buy new or just get mine ported/polished Also Does Descreening Pose Any Danger?

Msd Wires Worth It?...How About Blaster Coils

Intake...?[Is a Faaast LSX any good?

Are SFC Worth it and is it ok to go bolt on or is it better to get weld on

Also Every1 Keeps Talking Bout Stall Converters As Big Gains...How Much $$$ Where Do I Go...And Whats Involved

Whats my biggest bang for my buck?

Just Came Over From The Dark Side (Mustang 5.0)...Glad I Came So Far But Im Lost

Sorry For The Overload Of Questions But There Seems To Be A Wealth Of Info On Here And I Was Hoping Some Of You Could Help Me Take Advantage Of It
    Last edited by RoastThatRubber; 09-04-2006 at 12:28 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

SFC's are definitely worth it. Really tighten up the car. I went with weld in's but lots of people use the bolt ons and have no issues with them. I would leave your MAF alone. Unless you're going big cubes or FI an LS6 intake will work fine for you. I run a Shaner ported/polished TB on mine and love it. I currently run MSD wires but my next set will be GMS wires. A stall convertor is a must have mod on an auto. You will gain more time for your dollar than with any other mod. Prices vary. I run a non-sponsor stall that can be had for about $400. Requires you to drop the tranny and swap it out. Not a hard job at all.
    You didn't mention headers but that should also be near the top of your list. Headers will give nice gains for the dollar also.
    I would look into dumping that HPP3 unless you can get your A/F checked to make sure it's not leaning you out to much.

Thread Information