Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have been running our DD's with full synthetic on a 7,000 mile change interval.

Red
    2002 Trans Am WS6 (M6)

Used Mobil 1 since I bought it new. Overkill on my part as it gets changed twice a year, every year and currently the car is at 30,000 miles after 12 years. It's not required to change that often just something I do to make myself happy.

Sent that Amsoil request in on the 28th, haven't heard a thing. So I guess ordering isn't the route I'm going to take. I'll buy the high zinc Amsoil from Napa and switch one car over to it with a flat tappet cam and run it for a while and do an oil annalys and see how it fairs.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Yea, I've always went by the 3K mile rule myself as well. On occasion, I will let it ride out to 4 or 5K, and even then the oil monitoring system shows 40% or so left on my oil life.
    I believe that the oil change monitor goes strictly off of mileage (regardless of oil's actual condition). At least... that's how it is on my Honda.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I believe that the oil change monitor goes strictly off of mileage (regardless of oil's actual condition). At least... that's how it is on my Honda.
    I never use those things, they have no idea of the quality of oil poored into the engine, they are just based off driving habits and mileage.

The best way to know when it's due is to do an oil annalys. It's not expensive and once you do one or maybe 2 annalys' on a particular car, you'll know when to change oil, then the annalys is no longer needed for that vehicle as long as you stick with the same oil/filter combo you tested with. Your done with testing at that point unless something changes. You might find that it doesn't jive with your oil light one way or the other.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Yeah the only way those "Oil monitoring system's" would work accurately is if they actually had a on-board oil analysis system, which they don't. Otherwise it is just based off of mileage, driving conditions, and driving habits like FBJ already said. Those lights were invented for dumbasses who didn't or couldn't figure out when their oil needed to be changed. I actually hate those lights, I have one on my Daytona and it is annoying as hell to reset it.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I use mobil 1.

red

DOMINATOR 10W-40 has been really good for the track.
    https://www.searchforparts.com/best-...il-for-racing/

Thread Information