Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 112131474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1145

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I find it interesting that everybody that tries this has really good results, and all the people I tell about it that don't try it only want to say its BS and wont try it. I just cannot figure that one out.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I have to admit, when I first heard about it I didn't have very high hopes. So I tried it in my lawn mower first. After I noticed a difference there I decided to try in my truck. Before I used it in my truck i out a cup of water and videoed it. After running four tanks through it I did the water test again. You could tell there was less virbrations in the water.

2007 CTS-V

I've tried it on a 4 cylinder compact and an LS2 powered car. The LS2 seemed to benefit more than the 4 cylinder. I noticed a solid 1mpg improvement over a few tanks, and the 4 cylinder engine gave a little less improvement in mileage. The engines ran smoother, no smoking from the exhaust, the LS2 definitely had an additional pop as if the compression had been increased. Looking through sparkplug hole of a cylinder showed the piston to be pretty clean. I have been on the more conservative side of dosage, basically being conservative on the rounding down factor.

2007 CTS-V

Elsewhere in the thread someone was going to use Amsoil HP injector oil, TCW3 https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx. I've been trying Amsoil Saber Outboard 100:1 TCW3 https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ato.aspx in the appropriate dosage. Has anyone found one to be "better" than the other? Thanks.

I started out buying the 12 ounce red bottles of gas treatment and splitting them into thirds. Then I would add a couple of ounces of tcw3 to each bottle. I could then use a mixed bottle to add to the tank when I refilled it... usually around 10 gallons. It was a little time consuming to mix this way. I 've been saving the gas treatment empty bottles to reuse them. So I started buying E85 by the gallon and mixing tcw3 with it. I would never do this with straight gasoline as it is so hot it might melt the gas treatment bottles. The treatment bottles seem to be holding up to repeated use with E85 ok. I store them outside in an enclosed container just in case one leaks. I did a calculation: 1 quart of tcw3 mixed with 1 gallon of ethanol comes out 160 ounces of "mix", that is good for 16 ten ounce bottles. Each bottle should have two ounces of tcw3 in it, good for one 10 gallon pit stop. It looks like they have just about completely phased out the 12 ounce bottles of gas treatment, Big Lots was the last place I've seen them. I am spending $12 at the club/mart for a gallon of tcw3 and about $4 for a gallon of ethanol, that is taking my cost for a bottle of mix below a dollar towards 50 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by lubelizard View Post
    Elsewhere in the thread someone was going to use Amsoil HP injector oil, TCW3 https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx. I've been trying Amsoil Saber Outboard 100:1 TCW3 https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ato.aspx in the appropriate dosage. Has anyone found one to be "better" than the other? Thanks.
    I am the one that used to use HP Injector but I found something much better, Interceptor Amsoil, is not TCW3 is JASO better. Has similar price on the Amsoil website.

Give a try.

First results in a V6 Mercedes

Hi folks,
    my name is Florian and I have read until page 29 so far. I am not driving a US car, but a Mercedes Benz with a 2.6l V6 Engine. The car is 12 years old, and has 170k km on the clock. With this car, I tested the 2stroke oil.
    I have an other Mercedes, a vintage Diesel from 1971. A great car, and for a while I have mixed Diesel with vegetable-oil. During that time, veg-oil was cheap, and there were gas stations with veg-oil here in Germany. Beside the french-fries smell the motor was running much smoother (as far as these engines know "smooth" at all). Like that, I was ready to try more...Then, I have read that cab drivers use Oil for automatic gearbox from time to time to clean the motor (mix it with diesel). But that's not good for permanent use, as it's too aggressive, 2 stroke oil would be better. I did so and still do, I use 2 stroke oil for the old diesel.

This idea is more or less known for diesels, not only for older models, there are guys using it for newer direct injection diesel, with good results. There have been some discusions as well regarding gasoline 4 stroke motors. But after all, it didn't sound very serious, lot of bla bla, no personal experiences etc.

So finally I have ended up in this discussion, and I just have started using 2stroke oil for my v6 motor. Idle was not smooth at all for about 6 months now, all tests have been negative, no reason found for the vibrations, even the new sparkplugs didn't help. A Mercedes V6 is supposed to run smooth. So I gave it a try, I had nothing to loose; almost after a minute idle got better. after the first 500km I can say, that idle is not perfect yet, but much better. Also milage might got better, I will see.

In the german forum one guy said a mix of about 1:200-1:250 should be good, I had about 0,250l oil on 59l gasoline. In the very beginning, I had a strong smell of the 2stroke oil, but not anymore.
    So far, I am very happy with the results and will try it on my wife's car soon.

I think the oil increases octane a bit (less pingping), as well as compression. Similar to diesel, the oil can't be compressed, and thats increasing the power slightly.

Thank's to this forum, I tried it out, as the folks here just don't talk, but also try it out. Thanks.
    regards, florian

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Still running the walmart tcw3 in my sub. Am up to 10000 miles of use. I consistently get 13.5mpg that's up from 11mpg when I first bought it. It has reached a point that the mpg doesn't change if I miss an oil treatment or not. I assume that the cleaning is over. I continue to lubricate the fuel pump and as preventive maintenance to keep the FI system clean.

Sebring Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Ran a across this thread a few weeks ago. Picked up a gallon of Wally World TC W3, figured what the heck if it don't work I'll dump it in the weed wacker. Well. I'm on my second tank, and I can tell the car does run smoother.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I just got back from having my 92 Camaro Smog Tested and I'm happy to say that it passed with better numbers than the last time. This was also I might add on 2yr old gas that I had added the tcw3 right after the last smog test.(see post #986).This time the car only had about 500 miles and I didn't have time to run the gas out so I just went for it. Again anybody that's having trouble passing the oil works.

Impulse Blue
    2005 a4 GTO

I'm getting pretty kick ass results with mmo. I put in 12 ounces last oil change, and I've never felt the old girl run better. I also use the 4oz in the gas tank at fill up. Anyone get similar results? I wish I could break down my engine and really see what's going on in there...

2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mephy View Post
    I am the one that used to use HP Injector but I found something much better, Interceptor Amsoil, is not TCW3 is JASO better. Has similar price on the Amsoil website.

Give a try.
    What has the "new" oil done to improve things?

2000/2002

I read this thread a LONG while back.... not even sure when my first post was (guess i could look back and see, but eehh)..... tried it in my F250, Excursion, atv's, lawn mowers, ect.... since then traded the F250, now also use it in my Harley efi 96cid, and still using it in the excursion, the rzr, the lawn mower, the kids chinese 110 atv, and even the new 13 F150 (on rare occasion)

with the Excursion i think it's leveled out and hadn't noticed any major changes since i first started the wally world tcw3. about the only changes i notice are when the winter gas is started to be delivered. runs on average about 13-14mpg on winter gas, and 14-15 on standard gas. mind you i added F250 springs which lifted the truck some and obviously had some effect on the gas mileage due to a taller more aerodynamic brick now. still drop about 4-5oz in every other fill up or so.

the 2013 F150 i don't think has had any noticeable difference, it's flex fuel 5.0 and runs real consistent here in the Louisiana area, so far normal city/hwy ol mpg meter stays about 17-17.5mpg combined. just drop a couple oz of tcw3 just for the measure of combating the ethanol (even though it's a flex fuel technology).

i used to run premium in the rzr, didn't get any ping or hard starts with the high grade.... since then, i've dropped to mid grade and about 2-3oz of tcw3 and it works out pretty good! same with the kids little atv, that little temprimental sucker would start real hard with low grade, started great with the left over rzr gas (premium), now i do the same thing, put about a gal of mid grade, an oz or 2 of tcw and don't even need a choke most of the time.

i have a gal of the wally world stuff on the shelf and fill my little jugs every so often and drop some in. i used small 4 oz sta-bil jugs as my carry around jugs.

orange
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by dethinboots View Post
    I'm getting pretty kick ass results with mmo. I put in 12 ounces last oil change, and I've never felt the old girl run better. I also use the 4oz in the gas tank at fill up. Anyone get similar results? I wish I could break down my engine and really see what's going on in there...
    I hope you are not adding this to your crankcase? Not sure but I'm thinking this could cause problems. This all about adding it to your fuel.

Well the first thing that you will notice is the exhaust pipe that will become clear, all the black carbon oxide will be cleaned, second the engine is more responsive I think because the INTERCEPTOR clean all the carbon deposit in the engine more effectively than TCW3, and is much more thin than TCW3.

Quote Originally Posted by lubelizard View Post
    What has the "new" oil done to improve things?
    Well the first thing that you will notice is the exhaust pipe that will become more clean, all the black carbon deposit will be cleared, the second thing is the engine will be more responsive i think due to the better cleaning power of the INTERCEPTOR.

With AMSOIL HP INJECTOR, the top of TCW3, my exhaust pipe was always black.

LOL, I'm amazed this thread still goes on. I tried TCW3 from Walmart/Supertech (the blue one that stinks like diesel) and noticed no CONSISTENT improvement of MPG, but my cars are fuel efficient already. But I did notice a change in engine noise. So much so, I did an experiment and posted on youtube. I think TCW3 in gas makes it burn cleaner.

here are the results:

and the control:

Quote Originally Posted by friendlyjacek View Post
    and the control:

Interesting there is an improvement in burning definitely.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Burns cleaner or more thoroughly? The black from the control looks like unburnt carbon.

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 112131474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread Information