Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1121373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SSTODD View Post
    Your engine oil will never have any effect on the fuel system, you are lubricating/cleaning with this gas additive the fuel system only.
    Apearantly you've never driven a leaded gas car or had an engine that used leaded fuel. Leaded fuel and lead additives are/were used to help lubricate the entire valve train..
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-22-2010 at 02:03 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

How quickly they forget.

2000/2002

i just wanted to throw an update in my situation on here........

i've been running this in all my vehicles for a few tank fulls and our van being the most driven right now, has been the test guppy so far.

i have been running 1oz to ever 5 gal, well the little lie-o-meter has been alittle on the low side in town, and even for road trips. well a few weeks ago i went on a 320 mile road trip (160 each way). well last month i averaged about 22mpg hwy, 65mph 90% of the trip. weather was calm, no major head/tail winds ect... well last week i got to do the same trip again... slight over cast no major winds, couple of gusts that's about all i felt.......well before the trip i sucked the tank down to about a gal....filled up 24gal, and this time i added 3oz (apx a 1oz to every 7gal). on the way there, the lie-o-meter was reading back to what i normally average (apx 24-26mpg hwy). cruising on the interstate between 65 and 70mph, the meter really didn't change, stayed on about 24-25 at 70mph..... same thing back 24-26 mostly flat driving. so we'll see how the 1oz to 7gal works out the next few fill ups. i've put close to 4K miles on out minivan since i first read this post.

now to the Ford Excursion V10...... same thing, been running a 1oz:5gal in this as well, only put about 1500 miles on so far.... but by hand calculated milage, it has god down slightly. i run 55mph on most local roads (speed limit 60), "town" is 20miles away. i've gone from about 15mpg to about 13 running to town and back, no extra idle time either. so this last fill up i tried a 1oz:7 gal as well..... no real evidence to report since i've only driven it about 20 miles since the last fill up, but we'll see!!

as for the weekend warrior truck it's stayed about the same, but i only drive that about once a week or when we get a chance to hit the trails with the atv's. it's still averaging about 13-14 unloaded cruising at 55mph as well. i've never really complained about it, for a truck with 40" tires (plus other mods), i'd say that's still pretty good!

thanks again for the info, would have never thought about trying this additive.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

This will be the first try of this formula in my completely stock 92 Camaro RS.I have wanted to try this idea out, but I always had way to many variables.Now I have the perfect test bed.I will be driving the same route every weekend for the next eleven trips.From my house in West Hills California to my Inlaws house on Los Osos California.Its just under 200 miles each way, and I only use the car to and from so no other variable other than traffic. Its strictly 65MPH on cruse control.I have made the trip once in this car so far and it used just under 8 gal both ways.I would like to see if that can be improved upon, or if anything else good comes from this experiment.

White over Blue
    94 Mustang GT Convertible

As posted previously;
    94 Mustang 5.0/5 spd. +2 mpg on 3000 mile trip - now 27.5mpg.
    Now confirmed, 92 Accord at 200,000 miles is +5 to +6 on the highway after a lifetime of 29.75mpg.
    03 Odyssey is +2 when comparing the Christmas 08 ca. to mn-e-sno-tah trip to the 09 Christmas trip - in the 25 to 26mpg now. This is loaded to the dome lights and 41psi for the tires.

Thanks a heap Sarge, this stuff is definitely paying for itself even before any side benefits.

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

Well I can't read 41 pages of info here so I'll ask the question, is this similar to or the same as "Marvel Mystery Oil" ? All seems to make sense, just wondering if the MMO is the same. Thanks.

Silver
    2006 Chevy Silverado

Dang, 12 hrs later...you could have read all the pages 4 times before you got a response....

There's nothing worse than a spoiler, you'll just have to read the 41 pages.

Yellow
    2005 GTO M6 - One of 498

Quote Originally Posted by scap99 View Post
    Dang, 12 hrs later...you could have read all the pages 4 times before you got a response....

There's nothing worse than a spoiler, you'll just have to read the 41 pages.
    Stupid...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Short answer: No, it's not the same. Something with the additive packs in the TC-W3 formulation if I recall. I read most of this thread last summer and then started running it in all our cars. It works as stated.

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Sub me !

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

sarge will this cause the knock sensor to retard at all?

2000/2002

well i finally got in a good road trip with my Excursion......

i've been using the 1oz to 7 gal of gas for a few weeks now...... took off on a trip to pick up a car hauler from central La to Gulfport Ms.

on the way there i set the cruise on 67/68 and just enjoyed the ride..... made it to gulfport and filled up put 16.5 gal in after 285 miles (roughly 17.2mpg). i picked up the car hauler that weighed in at 1800lbs to tow back. same thing set the cruise on 67/68 and enjoyed the ride, no rush or hurry. got home and filled up again went 288 miles this time (trip from the gas station to his house then back on the road added a couple more miles). i filled up with 18 gal when i got home (roughly 16mpg). i still average 55mph on the way to town with the cruise set and minimal running around town. occasionally i'll hit the hardware store and maybe a tool store, but no multiple stoplight to stoplight traffic, or running threw the drive through..... so far it's been pretty consistent at 15.5-16mpg. i noticed a slight drop during the winter mix gas, but only a 1 or so mpg drop.

our pontiac minivan has been seeing mpg on either side of 25mpg between my wife running errands and t-ball, and job hunts...... so it is a good combined city/hwy average. that's a decent increase from the non-tc-w3 additive. most of the time we averaged about 22-23 around town (according to the lie-o-meter). now it will fluctuate between high 24's to mid 25's!

as for the optimal container to carry it around in, i ran across a sale at a local tractor supply center....... they had the 4oz Sta-Bil on sale for $0.89/bottle...... i picked up their last 3......... my uncle is a die hard sta-bil user so i figured i'd consolidate the 3 bottles into one and donate it to his fuel cause......the little 4oz sta-bill bottle work great for me.
    Last edited by TeamMudd; 04-15-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by langss View Post
    This will be the first try of this formula in my completely stock 92 Camaro RS.I have wanted to try this idea out, but I always had way to many variables.Now I have the perfect test bed.I will be driving the same route every weekend for the next eleven trips.From my house in West Hills California to my Inlaws house on Los Osos California.Its just under 200 miles each way, and I only use the car to and from so no other variable other than traffic. Its strictly 65MPH on cruse control.I have made the trip once in this car so far and it used just under 8 gal both ways.I would like to see if that can be improved upon, or if anything else good comes from this experiment.
    Update:The last trip netted 26.25 mpg up and 26.27 on the return.I hope to have the overdrive problem resolved after the next trip,and if the car will stay in overdrive the mpg should go up even more.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Update:The last trip netted 26.25 mpg up and 26.27 on the return.I hope to have the overdrive problem resolved after the next trip,and if the car will stay in overdrive the mpg should go up even more.
    Update: The trip I made on 04/17, up was the same 26.25 mpg however the return trip was approx 11 miles more but the mpg is also up to 26.78 mpg. Almost 27 mpg.I will try to get the car into a Transmission Shop before the next trip.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Update: The trip I made on 04/17, up was the same 26.25 mpg however the return trip was approx 11 miles more but the mpg is also up to 26.78 mpg. Almost 27 mpg.I will try to get the car into a Transmission Shop before the next trip.
    Update: The trip I made on 04/24 no change from the previous trip.I really need to find a good Transmission Shop.

Silver
    2005 MB A-Class

I've been trying tc w3 on my cars and motorcycles.
    Here in Brazil the gas is poor and contains 25% of alchool (ethanol). Is possible using pure alchool on recent cars (Flex cars) or any mix of the two fuels.
    I could not read the 41 pages of this post, I've seen 500:1, 640:1 and 700:1 and I'm a litle confused about it, what is the best ratio for mix tc w3?
    I wondering any comments about using tc w3 with pure alchool.
    Best.
    Last edited by Iveiga; 05-21-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Iveiga View Post
    I've been trying tc w3 on my cars and motorcycles.
    Here in Brazil the gas is poor and contains 25% of alchool (ethanol). Is possible using pure alchool on recent cars (Flex cars) or any mix of the two fuels.
    I could not read the 41 pages of this post, I've seen 500:1, 640:1 and 700:1 and I'm a litle confused about it, what is the best ratio for mix tc w3?
    I wondering any comments about using tc w3 with pure alchool.
    Best.
    with that high of an ethanol rating, id start at 500:1 and then see what works best for your vehicle, each vehicle will respond differently, thats just the kinda general starting point, then just play around with it to see what works best for your vehicle... you may benefit from even a touch richer mix

wineberry
    84 Honda GL 1200

gold wing user

Is there anyone out here using the 2 stroke oil in their GW..... I have an 84 wing...it seems to work fine....when I remember to put it in...LOL.....on a different tack.... damn BP for their arrogance.....

capn

blue
    2000 Trans Am

i read this thread 2 months ago and decided to try it in my vehicles.
    97 honda civic was avg.34 mpg before tc w3 and after 2 months i am avg 39 mpg.
    smoother idle for sure .
    2001 dodge Dakota quad cab with 4.7 liter had a rough idle and now has smoothed out quite nicely. Cant report on the gas milage because my wife wont check it and i never drive it.

2005 CHevy Avalanch- idle is smoother, gas milage has not seem to have changed at all. HOwever, it seems to have better exceleration.
    2000 Trans am, on my first tank with tcw3 in it. Only thing i can report is that it seems to have better throttle response .
    19 hp Honda engine on my x-mark z turn lawn mower with only 100 hrs on it seems to crank a little easier.
    Im happy with the use of it so far and will continue using it.

red
    2002 dodge ram van

Tcw-3

Is anyone still doing the TCW3 thing to their gas.

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1121373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread Information