Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1127282930313233343551 ... LastLast

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by MPost View Post
    will this save fuel pumps, just replaced
    save not necessarily, make last longer and run more efficiently yes...

White over Blue
    94 Mustang GT Convertible

I read the entire thing on the TC-W3 link - all 30 pages. Am convinced. Found the link at Odyclub and am plum tickled with the results already and haven't even started on the Pony. Ya, Ya, know it's an LS1 site but had a 455 Grand Am back in 73, so am trying to leverage that.

1. The 92 Accord with 199,000 miles starts with half the crank time after just six miles with the stuff in the tank. Will save $3 per fill now as I had been using premium as the injectors stayed cleaner and improved starting

2. The 1980 Goldwing idles smoother and the low speed circuit is much smoother - this after a complete carb(s) overhaul last summer. I did it after the local Honda shop totally screwed them up, so they were clean to start with. It's a quick start normally, so no change there.

The Ody -03 with175,000 miles, goes on a 500 mile run Mon. and will see if there's anything noticeable there. Have all the fuel records, so if mileage changes over time, should see it.

Be interesting to see if there's any change in the egr/cel code (currently off) using this stuff.

Just need an easier, cleaner way to get the stuff in. The Stabil bottle is good but only holds enough for two fills.

This stuff works and is going to save me a few $$ even before any possible mpg improvements.

Thanks for the testing and great info guys.

Jim

96 Dodge Ram 1500 sport

Next time get a big bottle of Stabil.

Thanks Sarge. I missed this thread back when I paid more attention to this board, one of the guys on m,y Jeep forum posted a link. Gonna try it in the 97 Wrangler 4.0... Jeep mpg sucks, and they run noisy anyway, so even small improvements at minimal cost sound excellent.

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Update

My daughters 2000 Grand Prix GT has gone from 17.2 to 18.6+ in all city driving and not alot of use. It seemed to take awhile to see the results but again very little miles per week/month. I bought it used with 90k miles and zero care so I consider this a success story, Thanks again Sarge.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

I just sent off an oil sample to blackstone. This run of oil has been in while using the 2 stroke oil in the gas. I'll post results when they come in.

White
    98 Regal GS

cool, ive read thru most of this thread, i found it from a link on RegalGS.org. and thanks to Sarge for coming up with this in the first place.

i plan to do a couple things the next time i am due for an oil change, and i will post up the results, just because i think this whole thing is a really good idea.

i plan to do a cylinder compression test and fire off a sample for a UOA. then new plugs and start with the 2-stroke and track the mileage for while. the DIC generally says 21.6 -21.9 mixed city/highway. i am a ways away from my next oil change so i will track the mileage between now and then. i want to do it for a year or so and then do another compression test/UOA and see where the engine stands a year later. the car is a 98 Regal, 120000 fairly well maintained miles, with some minor mods done to it, never been raced or seriously abused.

is there anything else i should track for a good before/after comparison?

i like having things like this to do, keeps me from getting bored. crazy huh?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Just be careful and not run your test over the summer/winter blend gasoline changes.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Just be careful and not run your test over the summer/winter blend gasoline changes.
    agreed....I've picked up roughly 2-3 mpg between last winters blend and this summer. Seems like I've picked most of it up in the last month but I've put a few more highway miles on it this month than I usually do.

i am in europe...

we have this thing...
    every time we go and buy a OEM oil filter in the nearest hond dealer workshop
    they sell purflux made in france filters

if we leave the car in the workshop to change oil and filter they put a made in japan black colored filter

so... what happend is the that all those purflux oil filter have bad antidrain back valve... over the night the oilfilter becomes dry inside. and the cold start are clearly piston slaping...

currently thst sound isnt hearable with a aftermarket oil filter.

toyota does the same. with purflux vs JDM made, filters.

White
    98 Regal GS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    agreed....I've picked up roughly 2-3 mpg between last winters blend and this summer. Seems like I've picked most of it up in the last month but I've put a few more highway miles on it this month than I usually do.
    so as far as the mileage goes, a yearlong evalation is going to yield different results because of winter gas? okay. but i still plan to do the compression test/UOA thing, just because i am a curious cat.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by rubberhead View Post
    so as far as the mileage goes, a yearlong evalation is going to yield different results because of winter gas? okay. but i still plan to do the compression test/UOA thing, just because i am a curious cat.
    If you did that you would almost have to compare one year to the next year but then you'd have to know if the blends were brought out at the same time and all that jazz. Just split it up to a summer test and winter test so they don't mix. Either way still do your UOA and compression tests and post back up your results. We love reading that stuff here.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Being that I don't have any sensors, cat converters or anything like that in my truck, would there be a better two stroke oil for CLEANING since it doesn't have to be ashless. Or any chemical really? I need it to keep the plugs CLEAN because I don't want to replace any more before I put in valve seals. Although the Mobil 1 Hm and mmo has seemed to slow oil burning. I would add whatever y'all suggest to every tank. I switched from tcw-3 to mmo in the gas becuase it made me stink like ass with the windows open (or atleast mmo masks the bad exhaust already present, 87 octane STANK!), supertech blue stains everything, and I haven't noticed a real difference between the two. I'll pull the plugs todayto see what they look like. I know what they looked like on tcw3

Black
    2003 Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    i am in europe...

we have this thing...
    every time we go and buy a OEM oil filter in the nearest hond dealer workshop
    they sell purflux made in france filters

if we leave the car in the workshop to change oil and filter they put a made in japan black colored filter

so... what happend is the that all those purflux oil filter have bad antidrain back valve... over the night the oilfilter becomes dry inside. and the cold start are clearly piston slaping...

currently thst sound isnt hearable with a aftermarket oil filter.

toyota does the same. with purflux vs JDM made, filters.
    I would go to an after market store local or online and get a filter maid by Wix or other major manufacture. Wix is the biggest in the USA. Some one will ship them to you. The dealer is trying to force you to go to them for all service. My self I would not deal with them any more than I had to. But we may have more selection of dealers than you have. Good Joe

Quote Originally Posted by b543965 View Post
    I would go to an after market store local or online and get a filter maid by Wix or other major manufacture. Wix is the biggest in the USA. Some one will ship them to you. The dealer is trying to force you to go to them for all service. My self I would not deal with them any more than I had to. But we may have more selection of dealers than you have. Good Joe
    yeah .. Wix filters we dont have here.
    i am using "mahle OC 196", doing a good job

Laser Blue Metallic
    2006 Monte Carlo SS

Hey CompSyn -- just ordered another gallon of the HP Injector through your link/store #... my checkout/order had your info # at the bottom, so you're all set...

woohoo!!

any discounts/coupons for frequent buyers?? LOL we put on about 130 miles a day between the two vehicles, and that's just for work commutes... not to mention all the other running around that gets done... so the gallons don't last as long for me as it probably does for most... so need to re-order often... heh...

anyway, my vehicles continue to run very well... mileage is up... performance is good, things are nice and smooth...

thanks man, good stuff...

-Lew
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 08-21-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Smile Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    Hey CompSyn -- just ordered another gallon of the HP Injector through your link/store #... my checkout/order had your info # at the bottom, so you're all set...

woohoo!!

any discounts/coupons for frequent buyers?? LOL we put on about 130 miles a day between the two vehicles, and that's just for work commutes... not to mention all the other running around that gets done... so the gallons don't last as long for me as it probably does for most... so need to re-order often... heh...

anyway, my vehicles continue to run very well... mileage is up... performance is good, things are nice and smooth...

thanks man, good stuff...

-Lew
    Lew,

I appreciate your continued support of our dealership.

To answer your question about discounts, the best deal on Amsoil ANYWHERE is through the Amsoil Preferred Customer option. This would make since for a return customer like you offering savings for as long as you keep the account.

Also, since you put so many miles on your daily drivers, consider the benefits in cost and time savings through extended drain premium motor oil and filtration.

CompSyn
    Last edited by CompSyn; 08-21-2009 at 10:02 PM.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    I just sent off an oil sample to blackstone. This run of oil has been in while using the 2 stroke oil in the gas. I'll post results when they come in.
    Received my UOA Results. Not much of a change other than Iron and Tin went up.

IBM
    2004 GTO

That is some cool stuff, i'm gonna give it a try. thanx for the info

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I just switched back to tcw3 from mmo because I got my a/c charged up. Mmo smelled soo good, but this stuff is better. Tcw3 stank like ass w/o cats

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1127282930313233343551 ... LastLast

Thread Information