Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GTO performence

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

NOS will not damage your engine...but folks fuck up when they:
    1. Dont have it tuned properly for the hit.
    2. Dont have the fuel pressure/injectors to add the required gas.
    I have no issue with giggle juice up to a 150 shot on a stock motor.....just tune for it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    hey real quick what should i get...I got about 600$.....stall/cam/tune?
    Tune......then drive it for awhile......go from there....but always tune it firstly.

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Tune......then drive it for awhile......go from there....but always tune it firstly.
    I think im going to get the New Zex nitr. system for my car..what do you think?
    i have pretty much CAI, headers and that all..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Think about what? LOL....your car man...what are you trying to build? What is the goal here?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

street tires-----Ok ,heres my take on that,my car had 18 factory with traction on they were ok,turn it off when my ls2 05 gto was stock any place from 0-70mph damn thing would blow them tires off..put nittos on the car see ya dam thing hooked and was gone.now car has 275-4-17.. some times i run same size MT they dont do well in rain nor do they last like the nittos.but then again the nittos last even after i burn the shit out of them.car has twin turbo setup on the street with traction on(has been tuned)to work that way car leaves like a train and it runs 10s at 133mph same tires althought at the track it does get alil sideways when it get second gear at the track with 17s and the traction button off.No way ever would my car even consider a street tire again,it would be susidal,then again with my custom TT setup with 12 psi on stock shortblock car had 791rwh.on 93 octain and street tune with factory cam.
    Last edited by qwkgto; 07-12-2008 at 03:44 AM.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I have no issue with giggle juice up to a 150 shot on a stock motor.....just tune for it.
    +1 NOS is the cheepiest way to make power,just make sure you have fuel ,take the right amount of timing out and proper safety ,such as rev limits shut the damn nos off before you get max rpm otherwise see ya intake..then again most people cant use it out of the hole,traction is limited.best thing ever made was a progressive controler for nitrous,ramp it in baby...

Qucik Silver Metalic
    2004 GTO - M6

Fundamentally one needs to understand what a/f ratios mean and what lean will do to a motor.

Like you said, NOS doesn't damage a motor, lacking fuel and proper timing will kill it...either the hood will be dented or you'll see oil on the pavement

At the end of the day I'll take a big block N-A motor over anything else on the market, but I have to believe I'm showing my age given what I see on the streets today.
    Last edited by The Silver Goat; 07-12-2008 at 02:17 PM.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Goat View Post
    At the end of the day I'll take a big block N-A motor over anything else on the market, but I have to believe I'm showing my age given what I see on the streets today.
    just think how much power we are getting out of the new ls motors, it would be amazing if they would build new big blocks to out perform these new small blocks

rednari
    Too big of a hit with NO2 makes the motor run way too lean. You must richen the mixture. While your GTO came with a strong crankshaft and rods, the rod bolts and the pistons get stressed above 500 HP. This is escpecially true when spraying.

NO2 is just that. A molecule of Nitrous Oxide contains 2 atoms of oxygen and one of Nitrogen. Air contains 4 parts Nitrogen and 1 part oxygen. So, it does not take a rocket scientist to understand spraying hits the fuel charge with an extra shot of oxygen which results in a fiecer explosion. The extra oxygen also leans the mixture, sometimes severely, which may hole the piston crowns. The stock pistons were not designed for such use. Most people who spray, do so sparingly combined with richer mixtures. Also, the extra gas in richer mixture is not wasted, because the spray provides the extra oxygen to burn it.

Above 500 Hp the rod bolts start to flex, and will continue to flex more and more as HP increases. This condition is dangerous. Eventually, the bolts will flex enough to gradually allow the bearings to loosen from their position and then (oh no!) spin. When the bearing spins even just a fraction, the oil gallery hole becomes covered, metal to metal contact occurs, the rod end starts to eggshape, and if the motor is not shut down, the eggshaped end will start to clatter, knock, and then throw the rod, many times through the block. But the remedy is simple. Install ARP or other bolts and they will cure the problem.

The bottom line is: change out the rod bolts and spray judiciously, and the OEM crank, rods, and piston will take you to 700 HP. In addition, there are cars beyond 700 with stock components when using an engine girdle.

Thread Information