Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by tamatt79 View Post
    What is up with Bob "the putz" Lutz??? No to the Trans Am, but yes to the G8 sport truck!!! Does anyone remember the highly succesfull Dodge Rampage? Not likely and for good reason. It was crap then and still is today. No seating capacity, and no payload capability. Yes it has gr8 power, but this is really a bad idea. Pontiac has not had good succes with "new ideas" in the past few years. We want the Trans Am, not a silly, little, pick up wannabee!!!
    the G8 is a 4 door rwd car with either a V6 or V8 engine. What are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by rumblebox View Post
    i would take a GMC over a chevy any day. hands down.... and i work at a chevy dealership.
    ME TOO!!! except I work at a Cadillac and HUMMER dealership

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    well apparently there are a few out. THOSE would be the concept vehicle. the concept vehicle obviously has to be able to drive, so they put all working parts in it. not all of those parts will be used for production, for multiple reasons
    the concept vehicle has an ls2, which we all know is discontinued... the concept also has an IRS... sounds more like a gto.
    teh production vehicle will have the ls3 as we all know, and as SOME of us know, the irs will be dropped and replaced with a solid axle.

how many times have i said this? idk how to word it any better... for anyone that doesnt believe me ill place a $2k bet that the production camaro will have a solid axle.
    Well that GM Global Zeta/Sigma platform is IRS so there is a 99% chance the new Camaro and G8 (both Zeta or Sigma or whatever they wanna call it now) will both be IRS. Do you have some insider info or are you just guessing on a solid rear axle?

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ImportIntimidator View Post
    I think this concept would be amazing.. keeps the 4th gen stuff we like and gives it a new flare... I would definately buy this car
    Click for full size
    that would make me buy a bird over a camaro that is hot

red
    2002 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    the G8 is a 4 door rwd car with either a V6 or V8 engine. What are you smoking?

ME TOO!!! except I work at a Cadillac and HUMMER dealership

Well that GM Global Zeta/Sigma platform is IRS so there is a 99% chance the new Camaro and G8 (both Zeta or Sigma or whatever they wanna call it now) will both be IRS. Do you have some insider info or are you just guessing on a solid rear axle?
    I did read an article in camaro performers that said they were going to go with solid rear axle in production cars to save money.. YES WHY WOULD YOU BUILD AN ELCAMINO WANNAQ BE FLOP OVER A T/A WITH ALL THE CROSSOVERS AND SUV'S IN THE MARKET NOT A GOOD PLAN...

red/black
    02 WS6/96 VR4/07 ZX10R

Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    that would make me buy a bird over a camaro that is hot

Too much camaro in this photo chop. I know that camaro's and bird's have always shared susp and frame's but I've always thought they look like two completly different vehicles (speaking mostly about the fourth gen). This pictures just dosn't do it for me!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Well I did some research and according to GM's service information, the G8's rear is IRS, so I'd guess the Camaro would be also.

red/black
    02 WS6/96 VR4/07 ZX10R

if I remember right they did confirm that the camaro will be IRS over on camaro5.com.

NIUK! NIUK!..WOO!WOO!WOO! LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN's Avatar

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

Trans am please.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Ya I could swear when GM gave the ok on the camaro they said it was going to be IRS.

Black
    2002 WS6

There is still no word on what the 'other' RWD vehicle will be at Oshawa, but a deal has just been signed to build it at the Camaro plant link:

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/business/080515/b0515115A.html

Under the deal reached with GM Thursday, a plant in Oshawa, Ont., will begin producing a rear-wheel drive car in addition to the Camaro sports car, slated to enter production later this year.
    The most feasible thing to produce would be a Firebird. But GM is just as likely to produce a large luxury car on the Camaro chassis. Pontiac dealers have been lobbying for a new Firebird. I think it should be built on a smaller RWD chassis than the Camaro.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I thought GM already said they were not going to build a new bird?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

They might switch production of the G8 from Austrailia over to Oshawa when Oshawa is ready for them. Otherwise there was talk of a RWD Impala but I think that idea is dead like the 'Bird

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I thought the new Impala was already out or atleast comming soon.

Red
    1998 Trans Am Vert

From what I have heard, and this is completely speculative, there may be an option for a solid read axle or IRS....with the solid rear cosing more (go figure)

Call me crazy but shouldn't a muscle car naturally come with a solid rear axle? Leave the IRS to the Vette and the Goat.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I don't consider our cars muscle cars, no muscle cars sense the 60's. High performance or sports cars yes, still I agree the solid axle should come standard.

The Baddest Astro Driver FreeBird89's Avatar

Fadeing Grey
    1994 Chevy Astro Van

I think this concept would be amazing.. keeps the 4th gen stuff we like and gives it a new flare... I would definately buy this car
    Click for full size
    Im down!!! BRING IT BACK haha

NIUK! NIUK!..WOO!WOO!WOO! LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN's Avatar

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

I don't consider our cars muscle cars, no muscle cars sense the 60's. High performance or sports cars yes, still I agree the solid axle should come standard.
    Well everyone has a different definition to what makes a car a "Muscle Car". Some people consider the older corvettes to be muscle cars and some dont. It is my opinion and belief that our LS1's and LT1's are true Muscle cars along with the classics. Whats the difference really? one is carborated and the other fuel injected (and crap load of computer and sensory). WHen the new Camaro comes out or the challenger, id say those are muscle cars as well. I had a dispute with a friend last week that said whatever V8 they put in the camaro is going to have Cylinder shutoff where it goes from 4 to 8. Now i understand his point but if you like the look of the car but dont like the cylinder changing thing then im sure they will have an aftermarket tune that will make it run on 8 all the time. I dont know if it exists but im sure someones come up with it or will. So at the moment you do that.....voila!! instant Muscle car! that of course depends on a persons opinion of what a muscle car is.

Sorry for the long post.....just thought it was an interesting topic.

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by *JC* View Post
    GM has told its Pontiac dealers that they will not be receiving a version of the upcoming Chevrolet Camaro despite their lobbying efforts, reports Automotive News. According to one dealer, the numbers simply didn't add up to make a financial case for the car, which would have reportedly cost $200 million to bring to market.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080215....ebird-trans-am

http://jalopnik.com/355405/no-new-po...mance-division
    Yeah so what do they call the GTO & the G8 then?

Red
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Just means that as our cars get even more rare, more people will wonder "WTF was that that just passed me!!!!"
    Perhaps that's how it might pan out. I will no doubt be holding on to my 2000 WS6 TA!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Click for full size

The Baddest Astro Driver FreeBird89's Avatar

Fadeing Grey
    1994 Chevy Astro Van

Did anyone see the recent issue of Pontiac Enthusiast? It had a little article talking about a new firebird. Some thing like it would depend on the sales of the Camaro and Mustang. And firebird sales just can't eat up the Camaro sales.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information