Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Black
    2002 WS6

Great. So when the new Camaro flops and it's name is worthless because it's an oversized barge maybe we'll see an alpha-based Firebird as a replacement.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ScrewieStewie02 View Post
    Speaking of muscle cars... I read in the paper (maybe a week ago) GM isnt going to classify the new camaro as a muscle car cuz of the "gas guzzlin/ozone polluting" image. They are going to refer to them as "High Performane Vehicles"
    I think I will stick with burnin up my 93 octane (and in a few weeks take the cats off to burn a new hole through the ozone)
    our cars are not even classified as muscle cars.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    Great. So when the new Camaro flops and it's name is worthless because it's an oversized barge maybe we'll see an alpha-based Firebird as a replacement.
    if the camaro flops I'm sure they will not try a bird.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

you know if they stopped making the damn gmc truck/suv there wouldn't be a problem with funds to make a t/a. i think its silly because the sierra and silverado are exactly the same. and the same thing for the yukon/tahoe trailblazer/envoy. they need to let chevrolet take over all truck/suv production and do away with gmc totally. most gmc owners that are in the market for a new truck/suv would more than likely buy a chevrolet if gmc was done with.

most gm truck owners prefer the bowtie over gmc anyway.

Silver
    1995 Trans Am

What is up with Bob "the putz" Lutz??? No to the Trans Am, but yes to the G8 sport truck!!! Does anyone remember the highly succesfull Dodge Rampage? Not likely and for good reason. It was crap then and still is today. No seating capacity, and no payload capability. Yes it has gr8 power, but this is really a bad idea. Pontiac has not had good succes with "new ideas" in the past few years. We want the Trans Am, not a silly, little, pick up wannabee!!!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Lol.. go Matt!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    ..well the sad part is they coudnt get the HP rating up to 400 which the gto had ...365 is all they pushed so im guessing 14's
    there is a video on youtube of a stock one running 13.1. I bet with stall, dr's, and simple bolt ons it would be deep into the 12's

blue
    2001 pontiac trans am

Question

Quote Originally Posted by *JC* View Post
    GM has told its Pontiac dealers that they will not be receiving a version of the upcoming Chevrolet Camaro despite their lobbying efforts, reports Automotive News. According to one dealer, the numbers simply didn't add up to make a financial case for the car, which would have reportedly cost $200 million to bring to market.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080215....ebird-trans-am

http://jalopnik.com/355405/no-new-po...mance-division
    hey, i would be happy if they didnt make a new firebird.it would only make ours more rare and worth money. - keep it rare and when our future generations see them once in a while on the street, they will be amazed by
    them and want one to beef up, just like they do the old nova's/ chevell's now and the muscle cars will live on with the respect they deserve, not like these
    new generation muscle cars u see on the street now that are trying to look like the 60's -70's versions.

Ignition Orange Metallic
    '08 G8 GT

Im trying to sell my ta right now for a G8. Awesome, awesome car.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i agree with a lot of comments in here but some people are so dumb.

you cannont compare the gt500 to a camaro, only a zo6 vette or zr1 if you wish. common sense here.,

what gt mustang came low weight and high power? the camaro enthusiasts dont give a shit about the mustang's selling points, i can pretty much guarantee if they come out with blown version for under 40k they will sell, nothing like what ford does with the stang but who the hell cares? as long as they are great performers the lower the production numbers the better in my eyes.

if not selling as many camaro's than stangs is considered a flop, then hell yes, but thats not what has ever determined the camaro a flop, did the 4th gen ls1 sell as many as stangs, hell now they were sold 3 to 1, but yet we got a bunch of nutswingers in here running there mouth and not looking back.

if you get at least 400 horses which is going to happen then quit your bitching...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Sadly, I'm not as thrilled about this news as you?

Guess this means my Next new Pontiac will be something 5,10,15,20,25 or 30 years old. General Motors couldn't give me a New Camaro!

Besides the new Camaro is going to be a flop. Sure they will sell some cars but who's going to want the slow Camaro when a Mustang GT500KR or Challenger SRT8 are going to rule the roads? The New Camaro as packaged is going to make the Chevy SSR look like a success story... LOL
    could not disagree with you more.

first off, neither of these cars have come out yet, and the final numbers are still yet to be determined yet your in here calling out all the shots like you know, im not sayin i do, but i think you logic fucked up.

again were not looking to sell 1 million units a year here, if thats what the econo box cars do and the piece of shit mustangs. were looking for an authentic sports car, which the 4th gen ls1 cars are, would you expect anything less from gm? i dont, and if you think that challenger is going to be kickin sand in the new camaro's face you couldnt be more wrong. and the gt 500??? come on man that car is a tug boat with a apperance mod's , yet to have proven themselves due to big weight small tires and a big sticker price, yes you can pulley them but the new ss is supposed to come out with a blower if all goes well.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i'm glad they are not bringing it back simply because gm's design dept would fuck it up and make it some stupid ass retro looking piece of crap that weighs 4,000lbs and then it will just die again...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

lol^^^, i dont think so, do you remember when the ls1 t/a came out in 98, not the crowd favorite back then but it grew on people much like the new 5th gen and if they made a t/a im sure that would too

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

^^I would have to agree, I think there would be lots of people wanting to but a new bird, but thats my opnion and we will probably never know for sure.
    I say probably because even though GM said they are not bringing it back now that doesn't mean they can't change their mind later.

V6 with WS6 wheels......

silver
    99 formula a4

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    you know if they stopped making the damn gmc truck/suv there wouldn't be a problem with funds to make a t/a. i think its silly because the sierra and silverado are exactly the same. and the same thing for the yukon/tahoe trailblazer/envoy. they need to let chevrolet take over all truck/suv production and do away with gmc totally. most gmc owners that are in the market for a new truck/suv would more than likely buy a chevrolet if gmc was done with.

most gm truck owners prefer the bowtie over gmc anyway.

i would take a GMC over a chevy any day. hands down.... and i work at a chevy dealership.

White
    2001 Trans Am

i think the new bird would be less to put out .. hell all the research was done on the camaro, they were built side by side b4 why not again??

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by rumblebox View Post
    i would take a GMC over a chevy any day. hands down.... and i work at a chevy dealership.
    they are both made identical except one says gmc sierra and the other chevrolet silverado, there is absolutlely no different option you can get in a sierra that you cant get in a silverado. they are both built on the same chassis and both roll off the same assembly line. that was an old wives tale years ago about how gmc's were built better and had more bells and whistles than the chevrolet.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2002 Firehawk

Better looking maybe?

red
    2002 ss camaro

Well, the Challenger isn't actually out and despite the propaganda, it could also be underrated, Who's to say?

The "King of the Hill" Vette is going to get a sipercharged LS3

The Mustang GT500KR is anything but slow...

Whether you like the Retro thing or not, is a matter of personal taste. One can hardly say that the mass majority has disliked it, just look at the Mustang overall sales...Isn't it odd that General Motors reasoning for the demise of the F-body was that the cars had outlived thier uselfulness and that people just didn't want those kind of cars any longer. Wow, Ford sure found a market that was said not to exsist.
    yea but give me the camaro and another 30 grand and I'll bury it any day. I think the new convertible is nice and with a twin turbo on an ls3 look out evry body.

The Slow and the Broke ImportIntimidator's Avatar

Black
    2002 Trans Am

A real shame

I think this concept would be amazing.. keeps the 4th gen stuff we like and gives it a new flare... I would definately buy this car

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information