Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Oh, that's good. how much weight will that save? and how much is it expected to weigh?
    dont know but im glad about it being solid axle instead of IRS mostly for drag racing. leave the irs to vettes

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Good. I like having the last year of the bird. Last of the Breed forever.

Red
    02 Trans Am

I'm gald and sad needless to say about no TA's in the future. It raises the value of mine but like many others im said to see GM let it die. As for the camaro being slow and not sell i don't think either of those cases will happen. For one there are way to many die hard camaro fans to let that happen. It also won't be slow, i promise you the LS line of engines will find there way into the mustang ass kicking lineup quickly. i mean seriously how many 500kr and so forth will there be and with a few easy bolt ons to our wonderful lineup of engines it won't matter anyways. when GM unrolls the red carpet for the Z28 and SS, they both will dismantle the mustang gt's of the world straight off the factory line like years before. The only thing that will hurt the success of the camaro will be the same reasons it did before, GM. They'll overprice it like before and won't sell the volume needed to keep our beloved cars on the road. What ever happened to the muscle cars of the past with limited options, big V8's, manual transmissions, and lots of balls? Thats the only reason ford sells so many mustangs. they pack an affordable, easy engine to upgrade, into a cheaper car, and still build the GT500's and so forth for the well endowed rich people. so until gm builds a powerful cheap camaro, they won't survive. the camaro will continue to out-perform the mustang but sell less. as for the styling of the new camaro, i love it and will be putting a nice down payment on one not to long after they roll off the assembly line to park next to my TA.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

The new Camaro has independent rear suspension. The model stressed this as she presented the new Camaro convertible at the auto show last January here in Indy. "Unlike the Mustang, the new Camaro has independent rear wheel suspension."

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Good. I like having the last year of the bird. Last of the Breed forever.

-Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    The new Camaro has independent rear suspension. The model stressed this as she presented the new Camaro convertible at the auto show last January here in Indy. "Unlike the Mustang, the new Camaro has independent rear wheel suspension."
    yea, the car thats used in the auto shows isnt correct. it also had the ls2 im assuming?

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    im 90% sure they changed it back to solid axle
    they have IRS man....
    they made a really big deal of it

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    they have IRS man....
    they made a really big deal of it
    they do now... but when they come out they shouldnt.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

I don't know about this, but I have an idea.

What about picking up a new Camaro with a White/Blue stripes paint job and debadging it, then putting some blue Phoenix emblems on her?

Kind of a build your own commemorative bird.

Wouldn't cost $200,000,000 to do either! LOL, those GM execs crack me up. They butcher their own company more and more each quarter.
    Last edited by 2000LS1Bird; 03-10-2008 at 10:33 AM.

The Baddest Astro Driver FreeBird89's Avatar

Fadeing Grey
    1994 Chevy Astro Van

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    I don't know about this, but I have an idea.

What about picking up a new Camaro with a White/Blue stripes paint job and debadging it, then putting some blue Phoenix emblems on her?

Kind of a build your own commemorative bird.

Wouldn't cost $200,000,000 to do either! LOL, those GM execs crack me up. They butcher their own company more and more each quarter.
    Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. But damn man, Theres gotta be a Firebird with the Camaro. GM dissapoints me.

NBM
    2002 Trans Am WS 6 M6

Unfortunately, GM is a weak company. I mean they are behind the times, and they only follow what other companies are doing. Other companies came out with retro styling, GM came out with is after all the other companies did.
    GM having the vette as their "Flagship" car is an outdated stupid idea. No other GM vehicle can produce more power than the vette from the factory.
    They would mop the floor with LS - based engines in a small light car, and like was said before, create the Firebird and Camero as what they used to be - a poor man's corvette. Put huge power and no options in it, and you'll sell tons - it worked for Ford...
    Pontiac made my all time favorite car - the Trans Am, hell, I've owned 4 (soon to be 5), but I don't think we'll see the likes of this breed of car again, GM wants the vette to be it, it seems.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
    1-GM having the vette as their "Flagship" car is an outdated stupid idea.
    No other GM vehicle can produce more power than the vette from the factory.
    2-They would mop the floor with LS - based engines in a small light car, and like was said before, create the Firebird and Camero as what they used to be - a poor man's corvette. Put huge power and no options in it, and you'll sell tons - it worked for Ford...
    1- kind of like the shelby gt 500 is the flagship for ford? and has been off and on for 40 + years??
    The reason no other GM vehicle can produce those numbers from the factory is because like stated above the corvette is their main vehicle, it's one of americas oldest sports cars...

there's a video floating around somewhere of a guy who took a cadillac XLR and did about 5k of work removing factory detunes etc. and it was insane the numbers it was pushing...

2- a poor man's corvette? all power with no options? i thought my power seats windows locks mirrors, steering wheel controls disc changer t-tops,etc were all options?

Black
    2000 T/A

they do now... but when they come out they shouldnt.
    but earlier you said that they do not?

and if they aren't out yet how do they have irs now but won't when they come out?

RED
    2002 WS6

this is just sad

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    but earlier you said that they do not?

and if they aren't out yet how do they have irs now but won't when they come out?

well apparently there are a few out. THOSE would be the concept vehicle. the concept vehicle obviously has to be able to drive, so they put all working parts in it. not all of those parts will be used for production, for multiple reasons
    the concept vehicle has an ls2, which we all know is discontinued... the concept also has an IRS... sounds more like a gto.
    teh production vehicle will have the ls3 as we all know, and as SOME of us know, the irs will be dropped and replaced with a solid axle.

how many times have i said this? idk how to word it any better... for anyone that doesnt believe me ill place a $2k bet that the production camaro will have a solid axle.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

well apparently there are a few out. THOSE would be the concept vehicle. the concept vehicle obviously has to be able to drive, so they put all working parts in it. not all of those parts will be used for production, for multiple reasons
    the concept vehicle has an ls2, which we all know is discontinued... the concept also has an IRS... sounds more like a gto.
    teh production vehicle will have the ls3 as we all know, and as SOME of us know, the irs will be dropped and replaced with a solid axle.

how many times have i said this? idk how to word it any better... for anyone that doesnt believe me ill place a $2k bet that the production camaro will have a solid axle.
    Sounds good. Will you give me your paypal now? I guarantee you will owe me $2k. I will put that $$$ to good use. Now this is a joke, you will be 20 by the time the new Camaro comes out?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Sounds good. Will you give me your paypal now? I guarantee you will owe me $2k. I will put that $$$ to good use. Now this is a joke, you will be 20 by the time the new Camaro comes out?
    huh? what exactly are u saying?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

huh? what exactly are u saying?
    You now owe me $2000. Thank you very much! And only one as young as you would make a silly bet like this without doing more research.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

You now owe me $2000. Thank you very much! And only one as young as you would make a silly bet like this without doing more research.
    well, the production camaro isnt out yet. so... we'll wait until then

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

You can just write the check now, I'll hold it in deposit, that way I can earn some interest, and if I am wrong, I'll give it back to you.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information