Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by Shoyoas View Post
    but even i wouldn't trade in a car (ANY CAR) with a LS1. Not a camaro, bird, or vette. Just the same if i already had a Cobra i'd not trade it for a LS1. When you reached the level of ls1 or 03-04 cobra it's all about mods and drivers so switching to the other side because you lost a race is just silly imo.
    ++1
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    ok, I just noticed that graph i posted up there was of a procharged LS1. It took me quite a while but I finally found some 450rwhp NA LS1's. It was tough, most are in the 410-430rwhp range with heads/intake/cam + full bolt-ons. Here's a supercharged LS1 to compare with a H/I/C LS1 and a Pullied Cobra.

Click for full size

Congratulations on finding the world's lowest HP procharged LS1.

Fortunately for you guys, on a stock bottom end, I like to keep them to 550rwhp for safety. Here is a procharged SS from a few weeks ago at 9-10psi. This car has a cam and fast90 intake and is the average of all stock bottomed SC'd cars I tune :

Another example is ClemsonDave's STOCK completely stock ls6 vette with 7 psi which put down 600rwhp and has run 10.62 at 131.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showpost.p...12&postcount=3

525-575rwhp is where the majority of the SC'd stock bottom are at

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Congratulations on finding the world's lowest HP procharged LS1.

Fortunately for you guys, on a stock bottom end, I like to keep them to 550rwhp for safety. Here is a procharged SS from a few weeks ago at 9-10psi. This car has a cam and fast90 intake and is the average of all stock bottomed SC'd cars I tune :

Click for full size

Another example is ClemsonDave's STOCK completely stock ls6 vette with 7 psi which put down 600rwhp and has run 10.62 at 131.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showpost.p...12&postcount=3

525-575rwhp is where the majority of the SC'd stock bottom are at
    i didnt go out looking for a dyno of a supercharged LS1, your little buddy posted a link to a thread and that one was in there. He was talking about how the NA LS1 will have a better powerband than a SC Cobra making the same power. I clearly showed it didnt. The SC LS1 was completely stock + supercharger (the "throw a supercharger on an LS1 blah blah" excuse) and I just threw it in there as an extra comparison, it made decent numbers but nothing crazy. The numbers youre showing are basically combining the two LS1 arguments used. There are plenty of Cobras running much more power than that without even lifting the valve covers. And im sure there's plenty of high HP fbody's as well, but with much more work needed. you missed the point entirely.

and your "fortunate for you guys" should be aimed at your customers.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

With the same boost pressure, the LS1 is gonna make more power. End of story. Its all about the cubes.

Put 8# on an LS7, put 21# on a Cobra, and the LS7 will lay down more any day. Sad but (cue Metallica)

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

and your "fortunate for you guys" should be aimed at your customers.
    Yeah? So show me a stock blowered Cobra that makes over 600 to the tires... Ever seen one run mid 10s with a manual tranny and 7psi? There are plenty of high 9 low 10 second stock-bottomed LSx cars right here in my city. There are also a plethora of modded cobras (again, right here) making as much or more that can't find their way out of low 11s to high 10s. Don't think because you got a forged bottom end from the factory that you are something special, you can be dealt with on factory pistons. For that matter, our local F-body club has several low 9-second full street cars, one of which is knocking on the 8-second door with his 9.05 @ 157 through full exhaust on 17" wheels and overdrive. Moving an hr north of here will find you plenty of high 8, low 9 second f-bodies that are regularly driven on pump gas and overdrive. There are no cobras anywhere near here that run like that and actually drive on the street. You can run into the cars I'm talking about on the regular.

The first 04 Cobra I killed, I ran 3 times on the highway. Met up with the owner and he was an excuse generator! He got onto the kick of talking about his KB blower and car and started talking smack like he had forgotten what just happened, so we ended up on the highway again. I went ahead and bumped my boost controller up to 18psi (from 15) and smacked him around again twice from 35-50 MPH rolling launches. The last time, as I let off in fourth, up by more than a few lengths, he went to 5th and stayed into it and flipped on his hazards like a Honda owner. A week later I ran into him at a gas station and denied knowing or racing me and wouldn't really look at me. I asked him if he wanted to try it out again and of course he had somewhere to be...... I have since had the pleasure of slapping 3 more around. I'll save you the digging on my car, H/C forged 347, 76mm turbo, meth... made 600rwhp at 10psi (makes about 25-28rwhp per psi) and it runs the street at about 17psi now. I'm sure you can do the math here. What kinda power do you guys make at 15-17psi again?

Magnetic
    2016 Shelby GT350

Yeah? So show me a stock blowered Cobra that makes over 600 to the tires... Ever seen one run mid 10s with a manual tranny and 7psi? There are plenty of high 9 low 10 second stock-bottomed LSx cars right here in my city. There are also a plethora of modded cobras (again, right here) making as much or more that can't find their way out of low 11s to high 10s. Don't think because you got a forged bottom end from the factory that you are something special, you can be dealt with on factory pistons. For that matter, our local F-body club has several low 9-second full street cars, one of which is knocking on the 8-second door with his 9.05 @ 157 through full exhaust on 17" wheels and overdrive. Moving an hr north of here will find you plenty of high 8, low 9 second f-bodies that are regularly driven on pump gas and overdrive. There are no cobras anywhere near here that run like that and actually drive on the street. You can run into the cars I'm talking about on the regular.

The first 04 Cobra I killed, I ran 3 times on the highway. Met up with the owner and he was an excuse generator! He got onto the kick of talking about his KB blower and car and started talking smack like he had forgotten what just happened, so we ended up on the highway again. I went ahead and bumped my boost controller up to 18psi (from 15) and smacked him around again twice from 35-50 MPH rolling launches. The last time, as I let off in fourth, up by more than a few lengths, he went to 5th and stayed into it and flipped on his hazards like a Honda owner. A week later I ran into him at a gas station and denied knowing or racing me and wouldn't really look at me. I asked him if he wanted to try it out again and of course he had somewhere to be...... I have since had the pleasure of slapping 3 more around. I'll save you the digging on my car, H/C forged 347, 76mm turbo, meth... made 600rwhp at 10psi (makes about 25-28rwhp per psi) and it runs the street at about 17psi now. I'm sure you can do the math here. What kinda power do you guys make at 15-17psi again?
    WHATEVER

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Wow, now that is a super inquisitive, well thought out post!

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

dont get your panties in a bunch there. i have no idea what all that was about.

and you can even make a civic fast, whats the point to your post?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

WOW........ just WOW
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    With the same boost pressure, the LS1 is gonna make more power. End of story. Its all about the cubes.

Put 8# on an LS7, put 21# on a Cobra, and the LS7 will lay down more any day. Sad but (cue Metallica)
    haha last i saw, the fbody's didnt have the LS7. and its not all about cubes. and even if it was, why limit yourself to a smallish LS7? there's bigger engines to be had. in the end, its all about $$.

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

haha last i saw, the fbody's didnt have the LS7. and its not all about cubes. and even if it was, why limit yourself to a smallish LS7? there's bigger engines to be had. in the end, its all about $$.
    small ls7? so all ford has is skeeter dick motor's then if a ls7 is small.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    small ls7? so all ford has is skeeter dick motor's then if a ls7 is small.
    ya, cuz the 533ci stock block engine im putting in my Galaxie is a "skeeter dick motor."

it might or might not be news to you but the LS7 isnt the end all of performance nor the biggest ci engine available

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    WHATEVER
    haha...

ya, cuz the 533ci stock block engine im putting in my Galaxie is a "skeeter dick motor."

it might or might not be news to you but the LS7 isnt the end all of performance nor the biggest ci engine available
    o i did not know ford STILL made a motor of that size in recent years. and you are dumb if you think chevy owners think the ls7 is the best engine ever.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    o i did not know ford STILL made a motor of that size in recent years. and you are dumb if you think chevy owners think the ls7 is the best engine ever.
    If money wasn't an issue, http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...--P809C54.aspx That would be my ideal to throw in the vette or T/A.

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    If money wasn't an issue, http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...--P809C54.aspx That would be my ideal to throw in the vette or T/A.
    ya that would be bad ass but you would have some major clearence problems i would opt for a forged boosted 454 lsx but that is just a dream.

Black
    99 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

its not all about cubes. in the end, its all about $$.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Those high 8 second/ low 9 second engines are not running on stock parts, either. There's a lot of money invested in them. Very few people really understand what it takes to run numbers like that. I do, and I'd put my 5.4L single turboed foxbody up against cars like that without a worry. It's not a dick-measuring contest....more like a $-measuring contest. So please, stop comparing high powered LS1/LS6 engines to the '03-04 cobra engines. We all know which is superior. What happens in the aftermarket only hinges on how far you're willing to go, and how far you can afford to go.

For Cobras to have the ability to run over 1000 rwhp on the stock internals is pretty damned impressive in my book (I've read about ones that have gone almost 1200 rwhp on stock internals. Can you imagine not having to build the engine? Just the fuel system, and the right turbo/turbos, and a tune. That's about the cheapest way to get it done in aftermarket modifications for any car out there with the slightly possible exception of a supra, and the highly probable (though more expensive to begin with) GT500.

I'm not worried about LS7s either. You can't really run back to them because they're weak when on the boost. We know it, and chevy knows it. However, I do look forward to Chevy's blown 6.2L ZR1 engine. Now that's going to be some factory performance.

Chris

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information