Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

And here I was thinking the whole time "20's on a camaro.....that aint gonna look good"

I stand corrected.

Looks good.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaveofblair View Post
    And here I was thinking the whole time "20's on a camaro.....that aint gonna look good"
    I was thinking the same thing.

They are much better than expected, but still 2-3 inches too big for me.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

WOW! That looks incredible! The stance looks mean....

A CME would look killer

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I never thought it would look that good but it does. I think 19s would be the shit.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

same here... agree w/ the fact I thought they would look too big, but look great.
    CME would make it look best... great stance.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

An update: Today was the first day in which I've had any chance to really drive the car at all. It snowed lightly this morning, but I took her out after the melt off. There is still a persistant rub on the front left tire that needs to be addressed. This happens at 1/4 turn to the left. I hit a few dips, not speed bumps mind you, but rather rises in the road, and there were no issues there.
    I'm actually falling out of love with the apperance of the 20's, as it just kind of seems to be a bit too much, almost like I expect to see a bunch of clowns jump out of the car at any moment when I park it and walk away, and turn around to admire her (as we all do) maybe it'll just take some getting used to.
    However, I did get a thumbs up from a black Z06 with the same rims today, and a shout from a guy on the sidewalk "nice ride", two things that I've never had before.
    I guess the bottom line is this; if I can get the tires to NOT RUB AT ALL no matter what, because I did some rather hard cornering today too, and the fronts did rub due to weight transfer, then I'll probably give the guy his $1000. But I already have ground clearance issues (1" of clearance due to lowering and LT headers) and I'll be darned if I'm going to make driving this car even more of a task by having to worry about the stupid tires rubbing on hard cornering too. 305's are just too much tire for the front of these cars. GM never intended to have that much tire up there. It must be straining the power steering system too, because it's a real heft to pull on the wheel now just to turn that thing. Not to mention that I've heard 20's are hard on the braking systems as well.
    I sound like I'm trying hard to talk myself out of these tires don't I? Maybe I am. In my opinion, if I was going to pick out [rims] tires, I wouldn't do 20's at all, but I'd do 305/25-19 rear, and maybe or 315 in the rear in you want, and go with 285/35-18 front, that would probably be perfect! One more thing, these tires are way too noisy (on the freeway), and vibrate alot, must be in need of re-balancing too. Doesn't it figure, the wife is falling in love with the way the car looks with these rims and tires....*sigh*....

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

WOW! I am amazed that I like it! Bada$$!

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    An update: Today was the first day in which I've had any chance to really drive the car at all. It snowed lightly this morning, but I took her out after the melt off. There is still a persistant rub on the front left tire that needs to be addressed. This happens at 1/4 turn to the left. I hit a few dips, not speed bumps mind you, but rather rises in the road, and there were no issues there.
    I'm actually falling out of love with the apperance of the 20's, as it just kind of seems to be a bit too much, almost like I expect to see a bunch of clowns jump out of the car at any moment when I park it and walk away, and turn around to admire her (as we all do) maybe it'll just take some getting used to.
    However, I did get a thumbs up from a black Z06 with the same rims today, and a shout from a guy on the sidewalk "nice ride", two things that I've never had before.
    I guess the bottom line is this; if I can get the tires to NOT RUB AT ALL no matter what, because I did some rather hard cornering today too, and the fronts did rub due to weight transfer, then I'll probably give the guy his $1000. But I already have ground clearance issues (1" of clearance due to lowering and LT headers) and I'll be darned if I'm going to make driving this car even more of a task by having to worry about the stupid tires rubbing on hard cornering too. 305's are just too much tire for the front of these cars. GM never intended to have that much tire up there. It must be straining the power steering system too, because it's a real heft to pull on the wheel now just to turn that thing. Not to mention that I've heard 20's are hard on the braking systems as well.
    I sound like I'm trying hard to talk myself out of these tires don't I? Maybe I am. In my opinion, if I was going to pick out [rims] tires, I wouldn't do 20's at all, but I'd do 305/25-19 rear, and maybe or 315 in the rear in you want, and go with 285/35-18 front, that would probably be perfect! One more thing, these tires are way too noisy (on the freeway), and vibrate alot, must be in need of re-balancing too. Doesn't it figure, the wife is falling in love with the way the car looks with these rims and tires....*sigh*....
    Think of it this way... you will NEVER find another set of wheels WITH tires that look as good as those do, for 1000 bucks.

There was a guy on ls1tech selling a 19/20 combo exactly like those (but with rivets) with the same tires and he was asking double what you are getting those for.

Do the necessary modifications to get them to fit right and I think they will grow on you.

Put those 17s back on and tell me if they don't look wayyy too small now that you have had these on.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

It actually looks good, but I think it is because of the style wheel it is. If it was some other kind of wheel I don't think I would like it. Looks good.

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Man thats a sweet ass car!
    "How's your whole...Family?

Visit My Garage!
    http://www.fquick.com/SicWs6

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

wow just like eaveryone else I was ahh these 20s are gonna look like shit, but damn they look really good

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

it looks like a hot wheels lol. i think you should change the tire size in front and stick with them if you just like cruising around, me i visit the track every week, so 18's are perfect for me nice car thou,

oh and the raiders? lol jk

Black
    2000 TA

I actually run the same wheels in polished on the back of my TA. I have a 295/30/20 on there right now but just got 2 michelins in a 315/35/20 for the back. Up front I run 18's so I dont get the rubbing that you get plus I personally like the raked look. Now I just need to lower it about an inch and I think it will look perfect. Yours look sweet by the way.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I was wondering how long until I read a wise crack about my boys from Oakland... I wouldn't have considered 20's at all, and certainly not 305's for the front, but we did some more work, and the rubbing issues are gone! Minor trimming needed near the front bottom wheel well plastic, hard to describe, easy to do.
    That WAS one of my concerns, that my car was going to turn into a "nightmare to drive" type of car. I do enjoy driving aggressively, although I don't get out to the track in the winter, my Camaro club does rent track time in the summer though. I certainly didn't build it to 480HP just to cruise it. LOL But I know what you are saying Camarojunky, and I agree. As for the Hotwheels look, it is still taking some time getting used to it.
    From some angles, it looks good, like from my Avatar, I like that shot, but other pics I have it just looks "circusy" and I expect circus clowns to jump out of the car at a moments notice with that circus music in the background...
    Either way, it's too late now, as I've made up my mind to keep them, even if they're not what I'd pick out if I were to go down and start from scratch buying rims and tires for my ride. Can't pass up the deal. If my original rims don't sell, fine, I'll have two sets. I can always sell these 20's later for what I paid for them, and not lose a dime.
    So, Camarojunky..are ya happy with Norv Turner? I'll assume you're a Lighting Bolt kinda guy

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

nah actually i dont really follow football that close to be honest, but i do like the chargers more than the raiders, simply based on the raiders fans out here in so cal,

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Here are the tires Gentlemen...sorry for the entirely too long of a delay. One more post to follow with a few more pics. The small imperfections are in the pics for your consideration. I.E. The small indent in the rim, the spot where the chrome is missing, and the one rim that has a bit of the "SS" rubbed off. ALL of this happened before I purchased the car, and before these tires were installed.
    Last edited by Mr. Hyde; 01-05-2008 at 06:41 AM.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Here's the rest of them, any interested parties. please leave me a private message with your zip code, and I will send you a UPS cost for shipping. *Reminder* Asking $600.00 OBO for tires, and rims. You pay for shipping, Paypal preferred. Tires have exactly 4361 miles on them. I have the receipt for the tires, and will include them with the purchaser. Final note; I will include the set of chrome wheel locks I was using with these rims free of charge, as they did not fit with the new rims. Again, sorry for the lenghty delay for the pics, there will be NO delays to serious inquires as to these rims, I desire to sell them ASAP. Thanks for your patience guys...Jim
    Last edited by Mr. Hyde; 01-05-2008 at 06:41 AM.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

*UPDATE*
    As of today...Dec.12th the rims are sold.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

That didnt take long!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information