Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

305/25-20 all the way around?

Does it fit? Yep! Does it look bad ass? Yep! Was it a pain in the ass? Yep! Worth it? Dunno yet, only have 15 miles on em. The truth is, I went down to get a little ECU tuning done (again) and one of the guys down there has a 35th anniversary edition Camaro and he recently put some 22's on it, so he's been trying to sell the 305/25-20 chromed [polished?] C5 Z06 set for a while on E-bay, but nobody bit on it, because they were afraid they would rub, which they did! So he said, "Look, I'm going on a 6 week vacation, you can throw them on your car, see if you like them, and if you want them when I come back, you can buy em, if not, I'll take em back."
    So, we trimmed this, cut that, and I have to tell ya guys, there's nothing quite like looking at our car's ass with those big fat juicy 305's tucked into the wheel wells. What a site!! The car looks so much more aggresive, I'm going to have to take some pics, and post em, as soon as it stops raining...hey it's Seattle, he could be back before it stops raining LOL.
    Now if I can only convice the wife..............

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    Does it fit? Yep! Does it look bad ass? Yep! Was it a pain in the ass? Yep! Worth it? Dunno yet, only have 15 miles on em. The truth is, I went down to get a little ECU tuning done (again) and one of the guys down there has a 35th anniversary edition Camaro and he recently put some 22's on it, so he's been trying to sell the 305/25-20 chromed [polished?] C5 Z06 set for a while on E-bay, but nobody bit on it, because they were afraid they would rub, which they did! So he said, "Look, I'm going on a 6 week vacation, you can throw them on your car, see if you like them, and if you want them when I come back, you can buy em, if not, I'll take em back."
    So, we trimmed this, cut that, and I have to tell ya guys, there's nothing quite like looking at our car's ass with those big fat juicy 305's tucked into the wheel wells. What a site!! The car looks so much more aggresive, I'm going to have to take some pics, and post em, as soon as it stops raining...hey it's Seattle, he could be back before it stops raining LOL.
    Now if I can only convice the wife..............
    Screw that! Take pics in the rain, I gotta see this. Never heard of tires that skinny.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

pics... what about offsets ? what did you use ?
    Gotta love wide tires
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

He'd know the offset, I can tell you that we had to trim [cut] the bottom of the center through bolt on the upper A-arm in the fronts, hard to explain, but if you were looking at it, it would be easy to say "Look, we cut this bolt, and it only took a sec", nothing serious, and the nut will still come off the bottom if necessary later.
    We spent more time on the front, then the rear, and honestly I would have never chosen such a wide tire for the fronts, not that it doesn't look bad ass. it was late (for me) when we were done, and it was a 15 mile drive home on the freeway, that's the only experiance I have so far with them. We did have a rubbing issue with the rears also, although NOT what he did with his car, and NOT the permanent solution to mine, but again it was getting late...so we put a Mickey Mouse 1/4" spacer and that solved the problem completely. Brings the rears almost right out to the end of the wheel well, and it makes them look even wider!!!!
    I've always wanted 305's, I did a little pricing when I got home and the wheel package goes for $1267.00, tires for around $385.00 each. They have about 1k on them. He wants $1000 for everything. The tires are Continental. I will take pics this weekend, and post if it doesn't snow.
    I almost forgot, he has the tool to 'roll' the inner rear fender so the spacer won't be necessary, he just didn't have it at the shop yesterday.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Yeah, get the fenders rolled or you'll be slicing your sidewalls on the first big bump with them. I have 285's and very little room between the sidewall and fender lip.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Funny thing is...I had 285's on mine too...and had rubbing issues with them, so I thought there was no way I'd fit 305's. He kept saying, "It's all in the offset" I'll be the first to admit, I know nothing about that stuff. My 285's would rub at full lock in the front, and like yours, would be so close in the back. With these silly-assed spacers though, there's more than enough room till I roll em. I made sure he knew I wasn't responsible if I left his shop and he knew they were rubbing......you get the picture.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I did the BFH mod to my inner fenders to make lots of room for mine. With the right offset after rolling my fender lips I think I'll be able to get 315's all inside the wells. I'm hoping anyway!

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

I have BFG 285's on the rear of my car on the stock SS wheels with no rubbing problems at all...I always wondered if I could put on a full set of OEM C6 wheels though...18's in front 19's at the back look sick!

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

I forgot to mention my car has the stock ride height...I believe I read where you guys lowered yours...?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Subscribed!

NBM
    99 TA

pics or ban! Ive always liked the 20'' z06 style wheels!
    Those tires must be like rubber bands though! How is the ride quality?

omg omg omg pics pics pics pics pics pics pics..... i love the 20' z06 rims i need to see this

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Okay guys...pics today! (Friday) The ride quality is not as bad as I thought it would be, and yea the side wall is only about 1". The more I look at the car, the more I like it. It makes it look a lot lore "modern, and up to date" with the 20's. I really never thought 'd like 20's on our car, and to be honest, the 22's on his car look a bit much to me. I'm hoping to find someone to buy the factory SS wheels with my 285's on them, that'll help convince the lil lady. I'm going to run an ad in Craig's list, and also E-bay em for $700.00, they have less than 5000 miles on them. Forgot to mention that yep my car has Eibach Sportline lowering springs which equate to a total drop of 1.8"

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    Okay guys...pics today! (Friday) The ride quality is not as bad as I thought it would be, and yea the side wall is only about 1". The more I look at the car, the more I like it. It makes it look a lot lore "modern, and up to date" with the 20's. I really never thought 'd like 20's on our car, and to be honest, the 22's on his car look a bit much to me. I'm hoping to find someone to buy the factory SS wheels with my 285's on them, that'll help convince the lil lady. I'm going to run an ad in Craig's list, and also E-bay em for $700.00, they have less than 5000 miles on them. Forgot to mention that yep my car has Eibach Sportline lowering springs which equate to a total drop of 1.8"
    What is your fender height at front & back over the wheel hubs? I have the pro-kit and am curious how much lower you are. I can't remember where I'm at so I'll brake out the measuring stick. I think I was about 26 1/4 front and 26 rear.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I'll add that to the list of things to do today at the "photo-shoot". I think that according to Eibach, my kit drops the car 1.8", and yours drops it 1.5", but we'll do the measuring and see where we are. When I look carefully at the rears, you should be able to squeeze 315's in there if you really try. To give you a mental picture of where mine rubbed in the rear, imagine you're looking at the passenger side rear, with the wheel off. On the bottom/front towards the front of the car, and closest to the pavement, there's a small amount of contact, that was it.
    So, again, this is stock, with no rolling, or any other work done to the rear, just the Mickey Mouse spacers. My point is that if you are dropped 1.5", and DID roll the fenders, therefore allowing you room to move the tire out a bit, and away from the rub spot, you should be able to get 315's in there. I hope that makes sense.
    When I post the pics, you'll see how much room you'll have between the 305's (in the rear) and the quarter panel, as I'll try hard to get a good shot for you, and taking into consideration the 1/2" or so space taken up by the spacers, you'll see that you should have room!

i wanna see this sooo bad... i was just starin at my car in the garage i have 17s up front and 18s in the rear and thought to myself how sexy 20s would be omg.. JIZZZZZ

herry with the picssss heerrrrryyyy!!!!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Okay Gentlemen,
    Here she is.....hope you enjoy them.
    Last edited by Mr. Hyde; 01-05-2008 at 06:41 AM.

NBM
    99 TA

Bad FUCKIN' Ass!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Set number two, shows how much room you'd have to play with to go 315's.
    The one on the left is the front, and the one on the right is of course the rear to show room for 315's. No, the car isn't detailed, and I don't want to hear any crap about my Raiders either LOL
    Last edited by Mr. Hyde; 12-12-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thank you Kyle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information