Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Z28er View Post
    Wow....my bud swears royal purple was the greatest...I will have to look up this Penzoil Plat...never heard of it, but I have not been on the boards for some time.

I guess once your car is done, there is nothing but maint left.

I am jaded.

Thanks again,

Rich
    I/we deal only in lab work and the Used Oil Analysis data. I wonder what your buddy uses to make a definitive statement like that?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

4200 stall doesn't mean you have to be over 4200 rpms before you it starts to go does it? If so, even the lambo mercialago doesn't have a stall that high. It's formula 1 sport launch mode is only set at 4000 rpms.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL....no it nudges along pretty good ......but at WOT it doesnt drop below 4200 rpm.....bang bang bang bang and your through the traps Never ran a Lambo Formula 1 thing.....so no comment.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

[QUOTE=Z28er;1121839]Hey, for $20, I would rather have it done in 15 minutes. Prob realistically takes you 45 minutes to complete on your own. They usually treat my car with royalty since it is an LS1 on nitrous, but my regular crew was not in.

Might be 15 mins but they use low grade oil and filter, which is putting your car at greater risk. Not to mention the 5 folks I know that have each left a "jiffy lube" without oil in the crank case. That's right, idiots forgot to put the oil back in. IMO take the extra time, change it yourself, and know its right.

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

FYI-for more debate on oil visit www.bobisthe oilguy.com/forums....good reading on oil there.

PS-Long, LOOOOOONG time, M1 user now using PP!
    Regards,
    Todd

#cajunhotrodder on instagram

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 (SS kit)

Wow...I will still disagree...this has only happened once. In fact, I will prob get my oil changed today or tomorrow from them.

They use Mobil 1 oil and filter, so I am not sure what you mean by low quality products? This is the same synthetic you buy at any store.

Found a discount for $52 out the door...great deal and it is done in 10 minutes.

BTW....I watch everything they do. I stay outside and talk to them and make sure they do everything right. They could blow it, but they have not in over 3 years, so I will have to trust them.

I am not positive, but if they forget to put oil in the car, I am sure they are liable anyway.

Rich

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Sarge, you got a manual? I have a hell of a time getting my m6 up the ramps. Usually takes me three or four tries. Scared to death one of these times I am going to over shoot it and have the ramps holding the car up via the body.
    What I do is just jack the car up with a floor jack one side at a time, and slide the ramps under each front wheel. I'm not a fan of driving up car ramps, unless they are bolted to the floor and long so there's no risk of overshooting the ramp. Like an alignment rack.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Royal Purple sucks. Stay with Mobil1 or go with Pennzoil Platinum.
    ++1

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Last time i ever went to a quick lube place i had an F150 and was 17. The morons forgot to drain the old oil out and just topped it off with another 6 quarts. Didnt take long to notice it on the way home. I immediately took it to my dads and we drained out 6 quarts. The motor blew a head gasket a couple of weeks later though.

Thread Information