Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567233343 ... LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The valence is being painted, and its being picked up Friday. Everything else is done and it should all be installed Friday

Maybe its my monitor, but it looks like the paint is darker or wet in a few spots. It looks good though, pewter and Berger panel are a perfect match. Are you gonna try and get fill ins for it as well?

I suspect the gunmetal wheels look good

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The valence is being painted, and its being picked up Friday. Everything else is done and it should all be installed Friday

Maybe its my monitor, but it looks like the paint is darker or wet in a few spots. It looks good though, pewter and Berger panel are a perfect match. Are you gonna try and get fill ins for it as well?

I suspect the gunmetal wheels look good
    shite! thats gonna be awesome preston!

yeah i thought i put in there its drying right now, but thanks for being cool and saying its your monitor. you are very wise my friend, it is indeed wet...and uneven because i suck.

i had some chrome paint all ready to go to fill in the letters (like someones car i know....) but the more i look at it the more i prefer the flat black on my car. dont get me wrong, i love the chrome inserts through and through, but im just gonna pay homage to the 396s and leave her be.

pewter is my favorite color by far on an f body and the berger just sets it off. mine isnt nice by any means but cars like yours give me inspiration. i was going to get i pipes to go all the way to the back after the TD's but i dont know, i kind of like the dumped look with no tips....if i did have tips they would have to look like the corsa's or the borla's.

what do you think preston?

Pewter
    2000 z28

oh and about the wheels. i have always wanted gun metal torque thrusts so this was my own little attempt, and i like them overall. do i wish i had matching wheels? yeah. do i wish i had money and time? yep. do i really care? nope.

i have my z28 and thats all that really matters in the grand scheme.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    shite! thats gonna be awesome preston!

yeah i thought i put in there its drying right now, but thanks for being cool and saying its your monitor. you are very wise my friend, it is indeed wet...and uneven because i suck.

i had some chrome paint all ready to go to fill in the letters (like someones car i know....) but the more i look at it the more i prefer the flat black on my car. dont get me wrong, i love the chrome inserts through and through, but im just gonna pay homage to the 396s and leave her be.

pewter is my favorite color by far on an f body and the berger just sets it off. mine isnt nice by any means but cars like yours give me inspiration. i was going to get i pipes to go all the way to the back after the TD's but i dont know, i kind of like the dumped look with no tips....if i did have tips they would have to look like the corsa's or the borla's.

what do you think preston?
    The all black look is good too

Don't be hard on yourself, it does look good. It takes a lot of practice to be good with paint. I have painted lots of car stuff and still make mistakes and have to start over

I personally love the no emblem look on the Berger panel, glad to see you didn't put the Z28 and bowtie back on

I love the dumped look with no tips. If I can ever get another 4th gen Camaro, it will be built with more emphasis on performance, less on appearance and WILL have the exhaust dumped

If you do choose tips, you can get the Corsa knockoff tips for $100 anymore, thats what I would do

Pewter
    2000 z28

The all black look is good too

Don't be hard on yourself, it does look good. It takes a lot of practice to be good with paint. I have painted lots of car stuff and still make mistakes and have to start over

I personally love the no emblem look on the Berger panel, glad to see you didn't put the Z28 and bowtie back on

I love the dumped look with no tips. If I can ever get another 4th gen Camaro, it will be built with more emphasis on performance, less on appearance and WILL have the exhaust dumped

If you do choose tips, you can get the Corsa knockoff tips for $100 anymore, thats what I would do
    oh man i know what you mean about paint. and to top that off, my grandpa was a painter for 40 years and he is strict man!! he's also amazing at it and my dad is pretty good to so i have great back up. i tend to rush things in the prep stage, but im aware of it and can usually re sand and be ok.

gonna paint the beast before the end of the year! should be a fairly huge job but i have gravity guns and an air compressor and the two experts helping me along, so i feel good about it. actually from conversing with you ive taken a real interest in this appearance things and been able to do it on a relatively nonexistent budget so im proud enough. the car is in good shape, just want the buffed spots gone and a new coat to top it all off ya know?

i think youre car is awesome for sure and i thought you said it had above 400 to the wheels and thats damn good, especially for a stalled auto dd. im almost too concerned with perfomance and wish i could just dive head first into it but im wanting a stripper model when this is over. i want a very mild heads and cam package (maybe even the cheatr cam?) and be able to go low low 11s with some hard driving and great suspension dialing.

youre car (honestly) is the right blend of perfomance and appearance from where im sitting, much like brians car in all its black glory! 4th gens are addicting....

take pride in that monster preston, its the best looking one ive seen. thats the truth.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

When I get the heads/cam on the car I possess, it will be over a 400RWHP through the stall. Everytime I get set to install it though, some b/s happens. My other car is conveniently down again ATM.

Without sounding arrogant or cocky, I do realize the monster of a car I have and I do think its a good mix of performance/appearance as well. I always appreciate the kind words you and everyone else has to say though

Painting your own car is a huge project, something I don't think I would ever be brave enough to attempt. You better do a documentary about it if you do

Pewter
    2000 z28

When I get the heads/cam on the car I possess, it will be over a 400RWHP through the stall. Everytime I get set to install it though, some b/s happens. My other car is conveniently down again ATM.

Without sounding arrogant or cocky, I do realize the monster of a car I have and I do think its a good mix of performance/appearance as well. I always appreciate the kind words you and everyone else has to say though

Painting your own car is a huge project, something I don't think I would ever be brave enough to attempt. You better do a documentary about it if you do
    it will be a documentary and a novel on what not to do as well, starting with painting your own car in the first place...thats me to a T though.

good luck with the install. time is the grandest battle aint it??

damn daily drivers

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

99' Camaro SS

Last edited by Tyler_LS1; 08-22-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Pewter
    2000 z28

fuggin nice!^^^^^^

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

fuggin nice!^^^^^^

Thanks!

Im hoping to get Clear corners soon.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Thanks!

Im hoping to get Clear corners soon.
    as am i....they look nifty.

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

nice lookin cars guys.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Pewter is the way to fly... If I wasnt on my work computer I would post pictures...

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

man i could have sworn i seen more pewter camaros on here than this.....maybe no one has that much respect for their car. come on people.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Here's Mine Guys...very similar to Tyler_LS1's...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by awSSum01 View Post
    Here's Mine Guys...very similar to Tyler_LS1's...

Click for full size
    Nice, what all do you have planned for it?

Pewter
    02 Z28

Y2k those rims are sweet
    Last edited by Empatho; 08-26-2007 at 09:58 PM.
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Preston!!! it looks a BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Preston!!! it looks a BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks John

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567233343 ... LastLast

Thread Information