Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

blue
    1994 camaro

NOS is extremely fun to use if you have deep pockets, and can afford to drop money on parts that blow due to its use, over time the nitrous does take an effect on wear and tear on the engine , it is a blast when you actually release it into the engine , but in turn doesnt last very long, the kits are extremely pricey , and refills can be too. my best advice to you since you are only 16...... wait until you have at least 8 years driving experence and 3 years experience driving fast cars before even touching the bottle

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

put 200 pills in my car this weekend just to see what would happen and the car scared the shit out of me so back to 150 i go

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 94bluecamaro View Post
    NOS is extremely fun to use if you have deep pockets, and can afford to drop money on parts that blow due to its use, over time the nitrous does take an effect on wear and tear on the engine , it is a blast when you actually release it into the engine , but in turn doesnt last very long, the kits are extremely pricey , and refills can be too. my best advice to you since you are only 16...... wait until you have at least 8 years driving experence and 3 years experience driving fast cars before even touching the bottle
    this thread is from 2007 so he's actually 20ish now

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    this thread is from 2007 so he's actually 20ish now
    i see what you did there

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    04M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SexyTransAm View Post
    round these parts a 10lbs bottle is $40-$45 but it can be much more in diff places round the country
    $70/10lbs here in the Tampa area.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    rule of thumb a 10lbs bottle has 10 passes of 100hp shot.
    In the 8th. 5-7 in the .25

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    It all depends on MANY options and kits. You could get a set-up for $500-1200. And if your good with wiring you can save yourself install charge by getting everything wired and take it back and have it tuned.

On the wear and tear ? it places NO more than normal WFO abuse! AS LONG AS IT'S A/F RATIO IS CORRECT AND THE TIMING IS PROPER.We have a car that we blew 250-300 through for over a year and to give you #'s blew 138 bottles through WITH OUT EVEN A SINGLE BURNT PLUG!
    But there is also "non-educated" people that go out there with a baby 100 shot and blow there car up on the second bottle.

It's like everything else the hole set-up has to be there!!!
    If you have a stock fuel pump and injectors that are on a 90% dutycycle cause they are on the small side for all your mods you already installed.......Tapping into the fuel system now to plumb the fuel solenoid will not be a proper set-up.

And on the ? about how many passes with the 250 jets I could make 3 solid passes and that is purging before the pass and hitting it right out of the gate.

I would compare it to turning on another motor. There is NO comparisons. Cause if you do a "real" shot which would be 150+ your gaining even more tq than hp. You have to have it on a hand held button!!! Not just a wide open throttle switch.

Most people that are scared and have storys are clueless!!! They are going off of someone elses hear say or tried to do a install in the driveway and did a hack job on the install thats why they had problems NOT because there was actual problems with the kit.
    </Thread>
    ----

12-17-2009 01:47 AM 0rion "you have too many n's in banana"

12-18-2009 04:57 PM Sarge "No I dont...we got more of everything in Texas....including "N's" bitch."

Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar

Pewter
    '00 TransAm WS/6

Quote Originally Posted by ne0fiend View Post
    $70/10lbs here in the Tampa area.

</Thread>

Wow, the thread that won't die.

I don't recall the price being that high. I thought my 15# bottle was only about $40 to $50. It has been a while though. Where are you filling?

I see you're in Clearwater. There are 3 places that I've filled locally, depending on where I lived at the time.

There's a small car audio shop in Tampa on the Northeast corner of I275 and Bearss. They just filled, and had extra NOS supplies, like jets.

There was a Murray's Speed & Custom on Main st. in Dunedin. They would freeze the tank first. Last time I called over, they weren't operating that location any more. I haven't driven by to see what's there now.

The last place I filled at, probably 6 months or so ago, was Gearhead performance, on 19, just north of 54. It seems they have other locations closer to you, at least according to Google Maps.

At all the shops, the were nice folks.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    04M6 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JWSmythe View Post
    Wow, the thread that won't die.

I don't recall the price being that high. I thought my 15# bottle was only about $40 to $50. It has been a while though. Where are you filling?

I see you're in Clearwater. There are 3 places that I've filled locally, depending on where I lived at the time.

There's a small car audio shop in Tampa on the Northeast corner of I275 and Bearss. They just filled, and had extra NOS supplies, like jets.

There was a Murray's Speed & Custom on Main st. in Dunedin. They would freeze the tank first. Last time I called over, they weren't operating that location any more. I haven't driven by to see what's there now.

The last place I filled at, probably 6 months or so ago, was Gearhead performance, on 19, just north of 54. It seems they have other locations closer to you, at least according to Google Maps.

At all the shops, the were nice folks.
    Wow, JW, thanks!
    I priced it out at that Gearhead place you mentioned; $3.99/lb.
    I really appreciate the info!!

Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar

Pewter
    '00 TransAm WS/6

Quote Originally Posted by ne0fiend View Post
    Wow, JW, thanks!
    I priced it out at that Gearhead place you mentioned; $3.99/lb.
    I really appreciate the info!!
    No problem at all.. There may be better deals out there, but that's a reasonable price.

When I lived in Tampa, I always used the car audio place, because they were close. I've only been on this side of the bay for a couple years, and don't play with NOS as much as I could. There are just too many cops with nothing better to do than write tickets out here. Now I'm the guy that sets his cruise control to the speed limit so I can't make mistakes. 3am on Gandy though, that's fair game.

Impounded
    nos is like sex. only it lasts longer

Impounded
    fuck it. d1sc it

has seriously anyone used this stuff since gone in sixty seconds.. baha

Black
    99 Silverado

whats nitrous like? crack!

GM EFI Tuner
    2002 Trans Am WS6 - 9.41@143mph, #3675, on pump gas and drag radials - sold

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

i just finished installing a NOS plate system in my car with bottle warmer and msd digital window switch. I have it setup with 100 shot pills right now. Just need to fill my bottle and see how well it does. I feel this system should be safe on my motor.

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

has anyone ever seen a perfectly setup nos system fail. or has anyone had one fail. i admit it don't happen very often, but it can happen and you will never know it until it is too late. If either the fuel or the nos solenoid quits the piston and rings are toast in a matter of a second or two. i have seen the guy's here at my track that build wicked 6 and 7 sec cars. that is what they do and own there own. i have watched them squirt a 400 shot, 200 down low and 200 up high. one thing is that they have the money to replace there engine. i will never run nos. i have seen the big bang it causes when the fuel solenoid stops working at mid track. the engine will go boom! and that's a fact. good luck running nos for those who have been running it for two yrs or more.
    I have a question. Are you still running the same solenoids.

Impounded

red

I think its a gas which increases speeds of your cars and also help in longer travelling. This is necessary for for proper maintenance of car engine. It along with lead oxide used as a knocking agent in car engines.

Thread Information