Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

hey ls2tuner, u gotta clear ur pm box so i can reply

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    how do i do it the safe way? what do i need to check for? (compression is one thing, thanks)

and what are the safety features i should buy and how expensive are those parts?
    wide open throttle switch and a window switch.

wot only lets it spray under full throttle, window switch only lets it spray between a certain rpm range (too low is dangerous, spray above redline and itl go pop)

i forget how much they ar... like 50 for wot and 100 for window... but im just guessing i forget

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Fuel pressure safety switch
    Bottle heater with pressure switch
    RPM window switch
    WOT switch (duh)
    Fuel pump that can put out enough fuel to maintain appropriate A/F ratio
    Appropriate (colder) plugs for the HP
    Timing set @ stock, then -2*/100HP

Dyno tune the car once the system is installed to tweak the A/F (nitrous and fuel jets) then you're good to go!

What else?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

From Harris Speed Works:

$129 for the window switch
    $13 for the WOT switch

-Eagle

Pewter
    2002 WS6

BTW, ATC - you're one helluva post whore!

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Fuel pressure safety switch
    Bottle heater with pressure switch
    RPM window switch
    WOT switch (duh)
    Fuel pump that can put out enough fuel to maintain appropriate A/F ratio
    Appropriate (colder) plugs for the HP
    Timing set @ stock, then -2*/100HP

Dyno tune the car once the system is installed to tweak the A/F (nitrous and fuel jets) then you're good to go!

What else?
    if ur talking about doing this to the car im thinking of ATC then ur gonna have to get a new fuel pump anyway... if u convert a fuel injected car to carbed the fuel pump will be too much, carbed engines use less fuel pressure

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

From Harris Speed Works:

$129 for the window switch
    $13 for the WOT switch

-Eagle
    cool.. i was close, total is about the same

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

why a wot switch? id rather turn it on whenever i want. what if i wanna go wot without using nitrous?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

The system has an on/off switch too...

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

yea... u put a arming switch and a wot switch. the wot is just for safety

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    yea... u put a arming switch and a wot switch. the wot is just for safety
    so its like "on/off", and when its off, it never is used. when its "on", it turns on when u go wot?

see, id rather it be like push the button to activate it. idk. kind of the same thing... nvm

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

so its like "on/off", and when its off, it never is used. when its "on", it turns on when u go wot?

see, id rather it be like push the button to activate it. idk. kind of the same thing... nvm
    too much fast and the furious...

u dont push a button strategicly during a race to go fast

make a computer and series of switches do the work.

arm, push pedal, spray during pre selected rpm, win race

u can even get a computer genius to make it spray when it shifts into 2nd if u dont want to spray off the line.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

u can even get a computer genius to make it spray when it shifts into 2nd if u dont want to spray off the line.
    lol. im gonna be 100% honest. FF made me believe that, but it didnt seem logically THAT wrong, soooo...

i dont know much about nitrous. i actually thought it was pretty simple to activate it

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

lol. im gonna be 100% honest. FF made me believe that, but it didnt seem logically THAT wrong, soooo...

i dont know much about nitrous. i actually thought it was pretty simple to activate it

ive seen people put a momentary switch that they hold the whole time to fire... but thats the redneck way. who the fuck feels like holding a buttin the whole time? if u set it up with all the right shit were talking about its like running a supercharger or turbo.... only better, no lag. 200hp at the flip of a switch and the pedal to th efloor (well 100 in ur case)

in f&f they act like their N2O only lasts a few sec and they have to stratigecly use it to win a race... thats fuckin stupid. but just to give F&F some props, tokyo drift was bad ass!

o yea i dont have a car that im running a 200 shot on either, i actually have nitrous, i just dont fire it on the stang caus im selling it and i dont feel like messing with it right now. i figure i can tell someone its never seen nitrous and not lie right now. why take that away just so i can enjoy a few good sprays?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

ive seen people put a momentary switch that they hold the whole time to fire... but thats the redneck way. who the fuck feels like holding a buttin the whole time? if u set it up with all the right shit were talking about its like running a supercharger or turbo.... only better, no lag. 200hp at the flip of a switch and the pedal to th efloor (well 100 in ur case)

in f&f they act like their N2O only lasts a few sec and they have to stratigecly use it to win a race... thats fuckin stupid. but just to give F&F some props, tokyo drift was bad ass!

o yea i dont have a car that im running a 200 shot on either, i actually have nitrous, i just dont fire it on the stang caus im selling it and i dont feel like messing with it right now. i figure i can tell someone its never seen nitrous and not lie right now. why take that away just so i can enjoy a few good sprays?
    Well the WHOLE reason for haveing a micro switch in my hand that I controll ALL my kits with is for safety and better performance.
    Once you have a "fast" car and it gets out of the groove with a STUPID WOT switch only you have to get out of the gas and at the sametime it's turning off the bottle.......... Which totally unloads the suspension which usually means grinding to a hault down the guard rail. When you steering the car trying to stay off the wall or other lane I sure ass hell don't have time to be reaching up on the dash to turn a toggle off to dis connect power to the kit....
    So what we do is keep the throttle to the floor.....Keeping the suspension loaded and just let off the button turning off the nitrous.

Also you can use it to your advantage as a tractionj control by quickly pushing the button until it finally hooks. Once again with a WOT switch you have to get off the gas and the nitrous which results in a wasted pass as your looking at tail lights.

A lot of people say it's hard..... If your a skilled driver in the first place holding a micro corded button that is controlling nitrous is notheing more than a routine pass. We usually even switch hands purposely in the race car to gain practice of being more skilled....Weather it be gripped in your hand holding the steering wheel and your thumb is holding the button or in your right hand as your shifting.
    I WOULD OF MADE LOT'S OF WASTED PASSES AND LOST MANY RACES IN THE GTO IF IT WAS ONLY WIRED TO A WOT SWITCH!!!!
    Last edited by LS2Tuner; 06-01-2007 at 05:42 AM.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Well the WHOLE reason for haveing a micro switch in my hand that I controll ALL my kits with is for safety and better performance.
    Once you have a "fast" car and it gets out of the groove with a STUPID WOT switch only you have to get out of the gas and at the sametime it's turning off the bottle.......... Which totally unloads the suspension which usually means grinding to a hault down the guard rail. When you steering the car trying to stay off the wall or other lane I sure ass hell don't have time to be reaching up on the dash to turn a toggle off to dis connect power to the kit....
    So what we do is keep the throttle to the floor.....Keeping the suspension loaded and just let off the button turning off the nitrous.

Also you can use it to your advantage as a tractionj control by quickly pushing the button until it finally hooks. Once again with a WOT switch you have to get off the gas and the nitrous which results in a wasted pass as your looking at tail lights.

A lot of people say it's hard..... If your a skilled driver in the first place holding a micro corded button that is controlling nitrous is notheing more than a routine pass. We usually even switch hands purposely in the race car to gain practice of being more skilled....Weather it be gripped in your hand holding the steering wheel and your thumb is holding the button or in your right hand as your shifting.
    I WOULD OF MADE LOT'S OF WASTED PASSES AND LOST MANY RACES IN THE GTO IF IT WAS ONLY WIRED TO A WOT SWITCH!!!!
    thats why i was thinkin tha wot switch would be gay.
    hmmm

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

it was someone's quote in their sig:

NOS is like a HOTT girl with an STD, you want to hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Pewter
    2002 WS6

My WOT switch takes less than 5/64" of travel to disengage (just took a feeler gauge to it now). At the pedal, thats basically the difference between mashing it into the carpet and just mashing it short of the carpet. You figure that the 5/64" of travel required to disengage the nitrous really takes that much power out of the motor in terms of the movement in the throttle plate?

Why can't I be a skilled driver using my foot rather than my thumb?

that no flaming ensues...

-Eagle
    Last edited by Eagle; 06-01-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

My WOT switch takes less than 5/64" of travel to disengage (just took a feeler gauge to it now). At the pedal, thats basically the difference between mashing it into the carpet and just mashing it short of the carpet. You figure that the 5/64" of travel required to disengage the nitrous really takes that much power out of the motor in terms of the movement in the throttle plate?

Why can't I be a skilled driver using my foot rather than my thumb?

that no flaming insues...

-Eagle
    Why not splice a handheld micro in the circiute and leave your right foot mashed rather than trying to pulse the pedal.....?
    Your et's would be much more consistant not to mention it is safer seeing that the ECU sees WFO not a flucuating tps signal.
    Plus I can pulse me thumb much faster to catch traction or shake off wheel hop than trying to do it with the pedal.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Why not splice a handheld micro in the circiute and leave your right foot mashed rather than trying to pulse the pedal.....?
    Your et's would be much more consistant not to mention it is safer seeing that the ECU sees WFO not a flucuating tps signal.
    Plus I can pulse me thumb much faster to catch traction or shake off wheel hop than trying to do it with the pedal.
    the last part is a reason why id rather have the thumb button

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information