Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

White
    1998 Z28

Ok some of this info is kind of old. Not sure how much is still relevant. I have never used Zaino. What products do I need to begin with?

The paint is in good condition.

Red
    2004 GTO

If you have ANY questions, email Sal at Zaino. Check the site easyDNS Parked Page for: Zaino.com Very informative. Just did my '04 GTO over the weekend. Very impressed with the results.

Other than the factory orange peel in the paint, the depth of thie shine is incredible. Pics really don't do it justice.

1999 Camaro SS

Last fall i had my car buffed. Immediately after i applied Meguires Gold Class Wax to the car. Im happy with the outcome however i would like to see if i can find something to make it more deep, wet, glossy. Zaino seems to be the answer but i have a few questions.
    ~Do i need to strip the wax before using the Zaino products?
    ~ What if i use to much of the product Zaino product?
    ~ I see Zaino has no waxes, what do i use as far as a wax or do i not need to wax it?
    ~ Cant "sealing" the paint be bad for the paint and not allow it to breath?
    sorry for all the questions. just hard to give up something thats working to make it even better.

Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00003.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	335.9 KB 
ID:	25091

Fresh Zaino application. Love the stuff

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Fterr99ss View Post
    Last fall i had my car buffed. Immediately after i applied Meguires Gold Class Wax to the car. Im happy with the outcome however i would like to see if i can find something to make it more deep, wet, glossy. Zaino seems to be the answer but i have a few questions.
    ~Do i need to strip the wax before using the Zaino products?
    ~ What if i use to much of the product Zaino product?
    ~ I see Zaino has no waxes, what do i use as far as a wax or do i not need to wax it?
    ~ Cant "sealing" the paint be bad for the paint and not allow it to breath?
    sorry for all the questions. just hard to give up something thats working to make it even better.
    I used to use Meguires on my car. But I just didn't think it was doing a good enough job.
    A friend of mine suggested Zaino. After using it once, I am never going back to Meguires. What a huge difference Zaino made.

To answer your questions:
    Yes strip the wax. If you follow the instructions on the Zaino web site. washing your car with Dawn dishwashing soap will remove the wax.
    You can't use too much product. Even if you think you did, it doesn't matter. Plus it doesn't leave white streaks if you get it on your rubber trim around the glass.
    Zaino is not a wax. It is a polishing system. You do not need wax when using Zaino.
    I have never heard of paint needing to breath. If you are worried about your paint breathing, then you should remove the factory clear coat on your paint so it doesn't seal it. Been using Zaino on my black cars for years and am very very satisfied with the results. A friend of mine uses the reflection off my paint instead of a mirror to make sure she looks good (well, I guess it is because we are already out of the car and she doesn't want to get back in to use the mirror).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information