Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    If you aren't driving it that much, you don't need to apply Zaino very often. The nice thing about Zaino, is you can layer it. Now, if you start adding wax into the equation, then you can no longer layer it. You are really defeating the purpose of Zaino if you wax with it.

You can throw a coat of Zaino on every 24 hours if you want, or probably wait 3 months if you aren't daily driving it.
    Ok, thanks. I'm going to order the ZKit 2 tomorrow. I want to get the 3 baby door dings removed from it and it buffed after my claybaring (I already have clays) before I get to it, so hopefully this goes fast. Shooting for June/July COTM for my first time

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Ok, thanks. I'm going to order the ZKit 2 tomorrow. I want to get the 3 baby door dings removed from it and it buffed after my claybaring (I already have clays) before I get to it, so hopefully this goes fast. Shooting for June/July COTM for my first time
    Cool, if you run into any Zaino questions, ask away. The first time is time consuming and some work, but after that it gets easy and quick.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Cool, if you run into any Zaino questions, ask away. The first time is time consuming and some work, but after that it gets easy and quick.
    I figured I have really haven't been too good with the paint except once a week washings and once a month waxings. Its not close to horrible or anything but it shows its age. I figured I'll have about 20 hours or so with inside/outside. I'm having a pro buff it, don't want swirl marks

Awaiting Activation superman4evr's Avatar

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

Zaino is king bling no doubt about that. But the one thing I'd like to add is that
    I eliminated my swirls before I started it. I wasn't convinced that Z could do it.
    Hide them? Yes. Eliminate them? No. Other than that, I agree it's the best shine
    and durability I've ever had.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

trying to remove swirl marks and achieve a great shine. already sold on z-5, z-2, and z-6. but is "Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover" worth anything/time? my paint is in great shape overall, car only has 24k miles on it and is only driven nice days/weekends. wondering if i should do the z-pc before starting on the z-5? gonna all be done with a high speed buffer.

also, gonna be getting leather in a bottle, car wash, and maybe the tire shine. is the tire shine worth it? ive been pretty happy with my eagle one gel so far.

thanks in advance

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Alright i read about car detailing and i am just retarded at it i think. I can build a motor but i can jack up paint in a hurry. What Zaino stuff should i get. think looking for a package all in one thing. Dont really car about price. I just want a show car body help me out here.

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

Quote Originally Posted by zmg00camaross View Post
    Alright i read about car detailing and i am just retarded at it i think. I can build a motor but i can jack up paint in a hurry. What Zaino stuff should i get. think looking for a package all in one thing. Dont really car about price. I just want a show car body help me out here.
    Lots of products you could use. What condition is the paint in? I assume it looks pretty good and you may have some swirls and a few light scratches.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

^^^ Its in good condtion and the car is pewter so is difficult to see the swirls. but the paint is rough to the touch and needs to have a clay bar go over it for sure. Just need a whole kit or the correct products to make it better than factory.

Red Jewell Tintcoat
    2008 Grand Prix GXP

^^^ Its in good condtion and the car is pewter so is difficult to see the swirls. but the paint is rough to the touch and needs to have a clay bar go over it for sure. Just need a whole kit or the correct products to make it better than factory.
    Products to buy:
    Z5
    Z2 or Z8
    Z6
    ZFx accelerator kit.

Steps:
    1. Wash and clay vehicle. Wash then clay.
    2. 10 drops of zfx added to little bottle with Z5 in it(Use small bottles that come with the ZFX kit) & SHAKE WELL.
    3. Apply 2 or even 3 very thin coats. I mean really thin.
    1. squirt across the cotton applicator should be enough for the whole hood.
    I would do 4 to 5 small drops for each fender, each door, each bumper and top.
    Apply each coat to the entire car. Let it sit for a half an hour to 45 minutes.
    2. Wipe away with a 100% terry cloth bath towel(USA MADE ONLY).
    3. After that spray lightly a mist of Z6 on entire car(Repeat this after wiping away each coat).
    After the 2 or 3 coats of Z5, Apply 1 to 2 coats of Z2 same method as Z5.
    OR.
    Use the Z8. Apply it by spraying lightly and wipe away.
    The accelerator allows you to apply more than 1 coat in a 24 hour period.
    Left overs are no good after 12 hours.
    Hope that helps.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Unless you want to apply multiple coats of Zaino in a 24 hour period, there is no point buying the ZFX, its not necessary. Spend the $20 on another Zaino product.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Damn sounds confuseing and time consumeing. How long does this take for a noob like myself

NBM
    2000 WS6

Damn sounds confuseing and time consumeing. How long does this take for a noob like myself
    Its not really as bad as it sounds. Anyone of the big name manufactures will tell you to do just about the same thing. After you do so any one of them will seem just as easy. Which they will.

Getting the paint ready is everything.

What you use after is just a personal perference.

red
    2002 camaro ss

im gonna try a bottle myself,im going with z-5 pro, and z-6 gloss enhancer
    Last edited by camaross1; 08-22-2010 at 05:01 PM.

1999 saturn

my father's speed shop in new jersey sells it (i work there weekends so i guess i do too). i'm new to this forum and i'll keep an eye on this thread for future questions. i've been using the stuff since sal starting selling it in 1996 or so.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 09-02-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

WOW! so all these zx zf zr l-m-n-o-p stuff going on here is very confusing...I'am going to buy the kit and hopefully has a "Zaino for dummies" book with it!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SLP00blueSS View Post
    WOW! so all these zx zf zr l-m-n-o-p stuff going on here is very confusing...I'am going to buy the kit and hopefully has a "Zaino for dummies" book with it!
    Its not that hard, people make it harder than it is. Ask questions on here, there are a lot of us experienced with Zaino that can help you.

NBM
    2000 WS6

^^^^^^What he said

"Zaino for dummies" Book preveiw ????? Maybe on the TLC channel------Discovery Channel-------History Channel.

I'd watch it.......
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Ok well you said it so when I'am bothering you all weekend here soon....Don't say I didn't warn you!! lol

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I actually find Zaino easier to use than carnuba-based waxes. And like Y2K said, there's plenty of us on here who can help you out if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLP00blueSS View Post

2002 Camaro

For a first time I would do Z-AIO, followed by a coat of Z5 and finish with Z8 spray.

You could even simplify it and just go Z5 and Z8 and call it a day. I've used just these two and it looks incredible.

Follow it up the next week with the same Z5 and Z8 and you will be set. Repeat this about 3 times a year or more if your car is daily driven and sees lots of dirt, dust and rain.

All the other stuff they carry is really not needed. In the past I used the Z6, but since Z8 came out it works better than the Z6 so I just stick with that.

I do like the Z16 tire gloss and will use that if I have some. But right now I just buy the Z5 and Z8.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information