Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    You can use it if you want. It won't hurt, but it's not really necessary since Zaino came out with Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro. They added better curing agents to the polishes. I use Zaino CS and I like it. It's more like a spray on, wipe off polish for in-between polishes and helps aid in durability. Zaino's products work well together. You can use as much Z6 or Z8 as you want. I've got more Zaino slapped on the finish of my car than I can possibly count.
    ZFX is about as useful as an 8 track now. I wouldn't mess with it, in fact I don't.

One thing though, ZCS, you spray it on and apply it, but don't wipe it off

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that's it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you're done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it's best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn't require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for. All surfaces are protected against potentially damaging exposure to sun or ultra-violet light with our best UV inhibitors.

For up to 9 months protection, use Z-CS to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself. You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product. Z-CS extends the gloss and durability of any previously applied products. Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    ZFX is about as useful as an 8 track now. I wouldn't mess with it, in fact I don't.

One thing though, ZCS, you spray it on and apply it, but don't wipe it off

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that's it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you're done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it's best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn't require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for. All surfaces are protected against potentially damaging exposure to sun or ultra-violet light with our best UV inhibitors.

For up to 9 months protection, use Z-CS to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself. You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product. Z-CS extends the gloss and durability of any previously applied products. Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes.
    Exactly, it's pretty much useless now. And I wipe off the leftovers from ZCS, because I'm a rebel and I can. I get great results from it either way.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    Thanks again siggy, I will hopefully put a few coats on the car Sunday.
    You're welcome and good luck!

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    You don't need ZFX anymore with the Z2 Pro and Z5 Pro. They can both be applied to a clean surface and will bond and cure just fine by themselves.
    Could'nt find that anywhere on Zaino's website that they said that. Is this something new ??? Was never a fan of ZFX anyway.

This is the only thing I could come up with....

" for the initial application, or if multiple layers are to be applied within a 24 hour time period.*"

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by 4get gto View Post
    Could'nt find that anywhere on Zaino's website that they said that. Is this something new ??? Was never a fan of ZFX anyway.

This is the only thing I could come up with....

" for the initial application, or if multiple layers are to be applied within a 24 hour time period.*"
    I understand it doesn't say that on their website, but you can still use ZFX if you want to and they still sell it. I'm simply saying, with the reformulated Z2 and Z5 polishes, the use of ZFX also, is not necessary. I'm able to put multiple coats of either of them on in a 24 hour period, with great results.

Black
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Sorry to bring up an old thread......but...I just received my Z kit 2 and am ready to start.... Just prior to my learning about Zaino, I clay bar'd the car, then used Meguirs three part system; cleaner, polish and carnuba wax and the car has not left the shop (just did this 2 weeks ago)...
    So, do I need to do the step with washing the entire car with Dawn to remove all waxes??? Zaino comments about the "99.7% optical clarity" of their products and you need a clean "base"... Does make sense, however, the car looks good now and I would hate to put Dawn dishwashing soap to my paint

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by gateman View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old thread......but...I just received my Z kit 2 and am ready to start.... Just prior to my learning about Zaino, I clay bar'd the car, then used Meguirs three part system; cleaner, polish and carnuba wax and the car has not left the shop (just did this 2 weeks ago)...
    So, do I need to do the step with washing the entire car with Dawn to remove all waxes??? Zaino comments about the "99.7% optical clarity" of their products and you need a clean "base"... Does make sense, however, the car looks good now and I would hate to put Dawn dishwashing soap to my paint
    As a sealant, Zaino needs to be applied on a clean surface free of wax
    In this case, you'll need a product like ZAIO to remove the Meguiars wax.
    A good soap and water should help since durability is not Meguiars biggest strength. Perhaps a cleaner wax, or a wipe down with IPA mix will remove the wax...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

The Dawn dish washing soap should remove the wax and get you back to working with a clean surface. It won't in any way hurt your paint/clear coat. Also, if there's any scratches that require a mild abrasive to remove, that's the point you'll want to do that. But, keep in mind, you'll need to go over that area again with dish washing soap to remove the oils/residue. Proper prep work, makes all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by gateman View Post

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

As stated before, I really hate to bring up an old thread (sticky) BUT .......

Do these same zaino products work and perform the same on a corvette/boat as they do on an everday car/truck? I'm assuming so, since there are fiberglass parts mixed up among a variety of different automobiles these days. I'm very curious, because I'd like to find an alternative to this Mirror Glaze stuff I've been using which is "specially formulated for fiberglass". Mine is a marine application, not sure if that matters but I want the best for my baby without hurting it as well..

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post

Do these same zaino products work and perform the same on a corvette/boat as they do on an everday car/truck? I'm assuming so, since there are fiberglass parts mixed up among a variety of different automobiles these days. I'm very curious, because I'd like to find an alternative to this Mirror Glaze stuff I've been using which is "specially formulated for fiberglass". Mine is a marine application, not sure if that matters but I want the best for my baby without hurting it as well..
    I don't see why it wouldn't, but try emailing Zaino or Sal personally:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=Contact

Sal responds to each and every single email he receives, usually within 24 hours.

NBM
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post

Don't feel bad at all..........
    If it weren't for old threads being talked about over and over again these forums wouldn't have anything to talk about. Would be dead and gone.

Good for the memory. I like it.............
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I'll be ordering the kit soon. Doing a full detail on my baby. I will get before and after pics
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I'm going to buy ZKit 2, is that a good kit

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I'll be ordering the kit soon. Doing a full detail on my baby. I will get before and after pics
    Make sure you get some claybar.
    That's just as important, especially if your car has never been clayed...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    Make sure you get some claybar.
    That's just as important, especially if your car has never been clayed...
    It hasn't ever been clayed, but I already have one and will be doing it Whats a good wax to use after all the zaino, you seem to be the master as I read through old threads

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

If you are going to be using Zaino consistently, you don't want to apply a wax to it afterwards.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

If you are going to be using Zaino consistently, you don't want to apply a wax to it afterwards.
    Ok, how often do I have to do the Zaino. Once a month work

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Ok, how often do I have to do the Zaino. Once a month work
    I can't remember, is your car your daily?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I can't remember, is your car your daily?
    Nope, use to be years ago but I got a junker for that. I've only put about 10,XXX miles in the last 4 years

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Nope, use to be years ago but I got a junker for that. I've only put about 10,XXX miles in the last 4 years
    If you aren't driving it that much, you don't need to apply Zaino very often. The nice thing about Zaino, is you can layer it. Now, if you start adding wax into the equation, then you can no longer layer it. You are really defeating the purpose of Zaino if you wax with it.

You can throw a coat of Zaino on every 24 hours if you want, or probably wait 3 months if you aren't daily driving it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information