Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Lt1 Vs. Ls1

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Dang, some of you guys fought tooth-and-nail on this thing. I should have kept up but I just read the last page of posts. Nothing really constructive to add, being an LT1 owner myself. I'll admit, I would like to have an LS1, but no money. One thing I would like to add is that the LT1 does have the superior reverse-flow cooling, which allows for a slightly higher compression ratio, and a lightly cooler intake temp. But keep in mind, creating engines is a trial-and-error process. The LT1 and LS1 have a 4 years of technology and research difference in them. That 4 years can make a difference. But the LT1 was considered a formidable engine when it first came out, but is now overshadowed by its GEN III and GEN IV brothers.

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Lol i think it got heated up cuz he was saying stuff about the ls1 just being a "Upgraded LT1"

Thats why some people kinda flipped.....the two engines are totally different, except for being pushrod small block v-8s

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    yes stock for stock the ls1 kill the lt1....and yes bolt on for bolt on the ls1 kills the lt1...however after some internal engine mods such as h/c...which then fixes the garbage stock heads we have on our lt1s ...well...that fixes all our problems with our top end....a h/c lt1 compared to a h/c ls1....are very close in numbers maybe 20rwhp tops....im talkin mod for mod though....for example a full bolt on ls1 with cam only can make anywhere from 370-410rwhp...dependin on the cam......a full bolt on lt1 with cam only can make only 320-360rwhp....dependin on cam....now if u throw in a set of heads flowing same numbers on both cars....the lt1 will be round 400-410rwhp and the ls1 would be round 430rwhp...im just sayin ur ls1 heads as u know outflow urs by a fuckload....and if we had the similar advantage that u have with ur heads... well lt1's wouldnt be as looked down on as they are when it comes to performance comparisons to the ls1

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z View Post
    yes stock for stock the ls1 kill the lt1....and yes bolt on for bolt on the ls1 kills the lt1...however after some internal engine mods such as h/c...which then fixes the garbage stock heads we have on our lt1s ...well...that fixes all our problems with our top end....a h/c lt1 compared to a h/c ls1....are very close in numbers maybe 20rwhp tops....im talkin mod for mod though....for example a full bolt on ls1 with cam only can make anywhere from 370-410rwhp...dependin on the cam......a full bolt on lt1 with cam only can make only 320-360rwhp....dependin on cam....now if u throw in a set of heads flowing same numbers on both cars....the lt1 will be round 400-410rwhp and the ls1 would be round 430rwhp...im just sayin ur ls1 heads as u know outflow urs by a fuckload....and if we had the similar advantage that u have with ur heads... well lt1's wouldnt be as looked down on as they are when it comes to performance comparisons to the ls1
    so lets get this straight then.. your maximum bolt on with a extreme cam set up for a lt1 is equvilent to a ls1's max bolt on with a mild ass cam, which proves the point. the ls1 is a better engine, if it wasnt it would have been in the 98+ f-bodys and the corvettes but it isnt, i know lt1 owners would die for their engines and thats great the lt1 sounds great and has great low end..no ones denying that..but the ls1 flows and runs and is just over all a better engine. period. i sense some locking comming on soon since everyone is just reposting the same shit back and forth
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    so lets get this straight then.. your maximum bolt on with a extreme cam set up for a lt1 is equvilent to a ls1's max bolt on with a mild ass cam, which proves the point. the ls1 is a better engine, if it wasnt it would have been in the 98+ f-bodys and the corvettes but it isnt, i know lt1 owners would die for their engines and thats great the lt1 sounds great and has great low end..no ones denying that..but the ls1 flows and runs and is just over all a better engine. period. i sense some locking comming on soon since everyone is just reposting the same shit back and forth
    ur missing what im trying to get across...yeah ur right though, i all ready said what u stated

black
    1998 Z-28 Camaro

I understand what you are saying. I don't think anyone is going to argue your points with you. The two motors with the SAME mods are going to be close. But the ls1 will make just a little more (not much). I agree with your statement.
    Last edited by 98Z-28Camaro; 11-13-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Can't spell

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z-28Camaro View Post
    I understand what you are saying. I don't think anyone is going to argue your points with you. The two motors with the SAME mods are going to be close. But the ls1 will make just a little more (not much). I agree with your statement.
    Ur kidding right?

black
    1998 Z-28 Camaro

No I am not. blackz-lt1 admits that the ls1 is a better engine whether it be stock or modded or extreme. I am just saying that I argee with them on their points on the engines. The ls1 is a better engine.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information