Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tx_Rice_Hunter

A sad day. Another one off taked off the road.

Well, I havent been on here since the changes took place. But I thought'd i'd stop by and tell my sad story of what happened to me. Me and my friend Ben were coming back from Pancho's for lunch on a thurdsay (august 18th) and to make a long story short, a guy in a 80's honda accord or something came up fast behind us while we were driving down Green Oaks. Now there's this one part in the road that start to curve uphill and has a dip in it. Older cars bounce around a lot on this part of the road and its a good idea to slow down.

I was doing about 50 (speed limit 45) when he came up right behind me as we were going around that uphill turn. He was going to fast and bounced off the dip making him lose control, which then he basically pitted me in the rear right panel which sent me into a spin. I turned sideways going about 45 or 50, hit the curb, plowed into a fence, then t-boned a phone poll. When I came to I could tell my left femur was broken and was hurting all over. My left arm was covered in blood and so was my face.

We had to wait for the emergency crew to arrive to cut us out of the mangled remians of my car and get careflighted to the hospital. I had a broken left femur, a shattered right ankle, a blood vessel popped in my head, and my spleen had been bruised internally or something. They said the only reason that i'm alive right now is because the long metal rod in my door stopped the phone poll from coming all the way through the door and basically cutting me in half. I'm just greatfull to be alive right now, along with my buddy. He got a fracture in his skull and a cracked shoulder blade.

Well, I was going to post pics of what was left of the car after the wreck, but apparently I cant post pics from my photobucket account until I have 15 posts......

Black
    99 Z28

Wow, crazy story! Glad to hear you're okay. Sucks about the car, but that's what insurance companies are for. They can replace all that stuff.

97lt1ss
    great to hear that u made it.... was it the hondas fault?? i didnt quite understand.once again sry to hear about the car....

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

sue the ass off that honda driver...he could of killed you just because he was driving like a moron. If that happened to me I don't think I could even look at the dude without putting him in the hospital....think about it, that coulda been the guy that sent you to your grave...and all the pain your family and friends would endure...oooo man, pisses me off just thinking about it. Take all the money he's covered for and then take his damn house too...just my .02

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    sue the ass off that honda driver...he could of killed you just because he was driving like a moron. If that happened to me I don't think I could even look at the dude without putting him in the hospital....think about it, that coulda been the guy that sent you to your grave...and all the pain your family and friends would endure...oooo man, pisses me off just thinking about it. Take all the money he's covered for and then take his damn house too...just my .02

GIT-R-DONE LS1
    Def sue that bastard, cover ur hospital bill, get a nice new SS, get some stuff paid for and take ur girl out and celebrate ur good fortune.

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    Well, he didnt have insurance and he didnt even have a drivers liscense. He killed my 02 Z and that really pisses me off. He lives in Haltom City, a couple of cities away and it wasnt even his car, it was some ladies. He's 19 and is a cook......what am I going to be able to get out of him even if I sue him, probably not much....... And yes it was his fault. He basically pitted me, like the cops do.

I'm looking around at getting another f-body to replace my Z, but i'm looking at the T/A market now. There is a nice black 2002 WS6 at this dealership in Dallas.......it only has 3,000 miles on it.
    Last edited by Tx_Rice_Hunter; 09-19-2005 at 07:03 PM.

GIT-R-DONE LS1
    That sucks man, but get what u can, n that black ws6 sounds awesome, make sure u post pics when u get it!!!

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I used to live in North Richland Hills, that is a good area to be looking for an F body (DFW metro area). I feel for you on the broken femur, was it bad? I really broke mine bad in Iraq and now I'm partially disabled for life, I hope yours isn't as bad off. Did they fix it with an internal titanium rod?

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    Ya know, i'm not exactly sure. They said they were going to put a rod in there but changed their minds when they actually started the surgery because it was apparently worse than they thought (they had me in a room for 3!! days before they finally got to my surgery!!). So one doctor told my fiance and mom that they had put the rod in right after the surgery. But then another doctor told me a few days later that they had put plates and screws in there.....???? So I'm not 100% sure untill I go back Oct. 6th and they take follow up x-rays of both my legs.

It broke pretty high up my leg. Right under where the femur bone socket connects to your hip, i'd say about 6 inches at the most under that.

Another thing that pisses me off about the car is the mods that I had on it that got destroyed. I put alot of damn money into that car and this retard comes along and ruins it. I had long tube headers, o2 sims (those suckers are expesive), x-pipe, and dual dynomax race bullets dumped off before the rear axle. In one of the pics I have of the car after the wreck you can see how when I hit the curb it totally ripped or bent the headers and x-pipe and the exhaust is sticking out from the underside passenger side of the car.

The pics of the car are here, just add the 3 w's and a . at the beginning
    ricehatersclub.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19255
    Last edited by Tx_Rice_Hunter; 09-19-2005 at 07:09 PM.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

By the way, nice name, nice website!

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

HOLY CRAP! That was one seriously insane wreck. Sorry to hear about the Camaro and good luck in recovery and in gettin' a new car.

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28
    By the way, nice name, nice website!

Thanks, lol. I've been over there for about 2 years now. I cant claim that name as my own though. Someone on here had that same name before the site crash and I thought it was cool.

I'm 99% sure i'll be able to get into another f-body, especially the 02 WS6 that I want. I've been saving money since the wreck and my aunts and uncle's have been very generous by donating money to me so I could get a new car. Plus having almost perfect credit helps to hehehe.

GIT-R-DONE LS1
    Wow that is insane, what happened to his car? i hope he got what he derved

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Are you in physical therapy yet? It is so hard to not be lazy and just sit there and hurt, but man, take that shit seriously. If you don't go all out sometimes it'll come back to you in the end.

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    They dont have me in physical therapy. They never said anything about it. I can walk pretty good now and its only been a month since the accident.

I'm not sure what happened to the other guys car. I know nothing at all happened to him, he walked away without a scratch on him, which really pisses me off.

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    This is where he hit me...

Where I was sitting of course...

The brunt of the damage from the pole...

The bar in the door that saved my life...

When I hit the pole, it actually peeled the windshield back...

Oh and get this, you probably noticed, but the airbags didnt go off. Neither of them....

GIT-R-DONE LS1
    find him and put a scratch on him

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

dude you should keep that bar that saved your life...a piece of metal will never mean so much....i'm glad there's one in my door

Hark_Z
    Wow that looked like such a beautiful car. You deserve that WS6 bro.

Thread Information