Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

Called GM, they won't fix it because they can't find the service bullentin and I have too many miles on my car!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dijital-underground.com/~...anelrecall.pdf i think this is what you are looking for print this and take this to the dealer you want to fix your car GM help line does not have TSB only recalled items and safty is the only thing that can be a recall item

I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

thanks...I will!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Hi guys!

This forum is great as I get precise and accurate information that's really helpful. I found this thread as I was searching for the keywords 'roof' and 'rust' as I discovered those bubbles on my roof just behind the windshield. I'm kind of relieved (yeah that may sound strange) that it's no rust... One of these days I will have to get the roof repainted, but for the moment it ain't that bad...you have to take a very close look to spot those damn bubbles...May be I will get it replaced, but before doing that i'll get some other things fixed on the car, as the previous owner was kind of careless...
    Last edited by Popeye1970; 08-01-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Hello there please look at this SERVICE BULLETIN http://www.dijital-underground.com/~...anelrecall.pdf

WILL EXPLANE A LOT MORE ON HOW TO FIX AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM PRINT THAT OUT AND TAKE TO THE DEALERSHIP AS WELL http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search
    Last edited by TA421; 08-01-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: MORE INFO

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Thanks a lot for the quick response! This forum is amazing, I'm happy to be here.

Junior Member 2002FormulaBlackbird's Avatar

Black
    2002 Firebird Formula

Hi i just wanted to give people still hope on fixing there roof panels. I just recently had mine fixed last week, and was so relieved when i did. I never knew of this issue till recently. I have had my roof repainted 3 times and the bubbles always came back , even worse actually. So finally the body shop i took my car to had the head paint rep come over and mentioned about the SB from Pontiac. So i went over to Pontiac and the manager of the body shop came over and of course knew of this issue. So he said he had to talk with the general service manage of the area to make sure he could do it. I guess depending on how bad it is. Darker cars are always worse too. Ive read so many stories on here that you never know what they might say, and that most places would reject doing the repair, since it isnt a recall. And with my car being 2002 with almost 80000 miles on it , i wasnt expecting the best. But to my joy, they said yes and would use GM's 'good will' policy, with me just paying $100. Guess im one of the luckier stories on here. So to anyone still needing to do this fix, keep trying, and try various dealers if need be too.

Yea some do when i had mine done I Just told them we have to keep the last birds looking as good as the can was not a big deal when i found the right dealer to help some play dumb like they never seen or herd of this other will try

Yes this is NOT a RECALL only because A RECALL ITEM has to be for safty but pontiac did place out a TSB so bodyshop and dealers will know how to solve this problem

Black
    2000 Trans am ls1

so can we still get them fixed? and who got to pay to get it done.

It all depends on the car how many miles and everything but if your car looks good and yes you can find a dealer that will fix the problem mine was paid 110% by the dealer they even placed me in a rental car mine had 21,xxx at the time of repair last yr

Black
    2000 Trans am ls1

lets say 62xxx miles

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Ya, I tried a year or so ago and got declined.

just try other dealers and keep trying

black
    2002 trans am ws6

i was just told by dealer, gm will not be repairing them anymore could have been a lie but thats what i was told

yea that is BULL SHIP !!!!!!!! some dealer will and some wont and some say they never herd of it

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

So even if my car is a 2000..and not under warranty. I could get mine fixed? it's got 105k on it, but it looks like a 30k car still.

I am forced to park mine outside for now, but it still looks amazing, i am afraid these are gonna start showing up.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I could get mine fixed?
    NO....

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I pulled my car out from the garage today and gave it the normal lookover. One of the damn bubbles has popped.

I hadn't really noticed any bubbles until the past 6 mo or so. Now it's a double strip on the front and back, and looks like their starting to pop. So much for all the hard work on my paint.

Black
    2001 Ws6

it is so funny when I was in Ny a dealer said there is no way they will fix it for free now I am in GA and the dealer would like to fix ( I hope he is telling the truth) but can not get the ok to do so. So i am waiting for the customer rep to call me from GM I called that 1800 number and will wait and see ..........if they don't fix I will never buy another GM ever....I hate saying it but what good is buying a car that was built incorrectly and it will not be fixed thats not cool or right....

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    it is so funny when I was in Ny a dealer said there is no way they will fix it for free now I am in GA and the dealer would like to fix ( I hope he is telling the truth) but can not get the ok to do so. So i am waiting for the customer rep to call me from GM I called that 1800 number and will wait and see ..........if they don't fix I will never buy another GM ever....I hate saying it but what good is buying a car that was built incorrectly and it will not be fixed thats not cool or right....
    the car is almost 9 years old. its hard for them to do anything about it. when the recall was issuedd youd have no problem at all.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information