Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

yea they make great cars but they basically f'd up when they tried to get out cheaper putting a glue on our cars that has a chemical reaction with the material and heat activates it eventually in the long run and bubbles paint!! Somehow that falls on my bad list granted everybody has problems with everybrand of car but gezzzzz a problem like this where you have to keep harassing over and over just to get something you bought from gm and they wont fix their error? When you shelled out cash for a camaro/trans-am of these brand new or used regardless they should make it a recall end of story but they wont for some reason?...Further more you seen any vette's with bubbling up paint recalls? I myself havent heard of none i know to date though i could be wrong. I guess the term you get what you pay for is always the correct saying!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

These cars are out of warranty people. They dont have to do sqaut. Pretty sure your dealer offered an extended warranty to you. (for just such occasions) If your dealer wont fix it then pay a body shop to.

NBM
    98 Mecham TA #4 of 14

Wouldnt that warrenty be great.... One million mile or 100 years, what ever comes first.

At the time when these cars were introduced SMC was still a very new composite. No matter what kind of testing you do on anything you cant replicate real world evaluation.

I guess people with cracked dash boards should ban GM products also since they didnt hold up?

I remember several years back PPG telling us that there new super prep agent and sealers eliminates the scuffing/prepping step in the refinishing process on OEM parts. A couple of years later cars had the paint peeling off them for some strange reason. You dont hear any rep mention how you can skip the scuffing step any longer... lol

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by 4U2ENVY View Post
    yea they make great cars but they basically f'd up when they tried to get out cheaper putting a glue on our cars that has a chemical reaction with the material and heat activates it eventually in the long run and bubbles paint!! Somehow that falls on my bad list granted everybody has problems with everybrand of car but gezzzzz a problem like this where you have to keep harassing over and over just to get something you bought from gm and they wont fix their error? When you shelled out cash for a camaro/trans-am of these brand new or used regardless they should make it a recall end of story but they wont for some reason?...Further more you seen any vette's with bubbling up paint recalls? I myself havent heard of none i know to date though i could be wrong. I guess the term you get what you pay for is always the correct saying!
    actually they did, im not exactly sure what year but a lot of vettes suffered and im sure they had just as hard of a time getting this fixed under warranty as we do sail panels

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Oh and if any body here is thinking of getting there sail panel painted or repaired! what are you gonna use to make it adhere to the car? becasue if you use the same "glue" well you will be right back at square one,,

heres what im saying, i have seen my fair share of f bodys, old new whatever, and have paid attention to this bubbling sail panel thing, 99% of the time you have to really really look, and even then you can barely see these dimples,
    if you guys are gonna bash gm over dimples, sell your f body to a kid who will aprecciate it, buy an integra and park in a big parking lot lean against the fender, and stand there just like all the dumb ass kids with a "fast car" or "show car"
    point proven!

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

so when they replace the top, wont they have to glue it down again and cause the same problem?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by kebie05 View Post
    so when they replace the top, wont they have to glue it down again and cause the same problem?
    They'll use different glue according to the service bulletin. Older 93-97s have glued down roofs too but dont have this problem.

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

so who do i need to contact now to get the ball rolling on the repair? you think they will cover it?

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    Oh and if any body here is thinking of getting there sail panel painted or repaired! what are you gonna use to make it adhere to the car? becasue if you use the same "glue" well you will be right back at square one,,

heres what im saying, i have seen my fair share of f bodys, old new whatever, and have paid attention to this bubbling sail panel thing, 99% of the time you have to really really look, and even then you can barely see these dimples,
    if you guys are gonna bash gm over dimples, sell your f body to a kid who will aprecciate it, buy an integra and park in a big parking lot lean against the fender, and stand there just like all the dumb ass kids with a "fast car" or "show car"
    point proven!
    there is a new glue to put on the car see the bulletin review! furthermore i can see mine just fine hell you can look down the side of it and see them just fine, on both my cars. im not bashing gm but for them to have this many problems and being the same thing and not do anything other than ow you can have it fixed and you cant is crap regardless of the dealers!! and for your info i got a blackbird phase-2 car that sits in the garage and is doing this too not an integra lol what the hell do i want with that and im not a kid nor sit in a parking lot lol ...im sure all fellow members that are having this problem aint to thrilled about it either and want it fixed period!..... i was giving my opinion how careless gm is towards this problem, thats my point and to have this happening to alot of people how much more proof is needed to fix it and not have problems about getting it fixed because you care about it?? im done ......end of story!!

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by kebie05 View Post
    so who do i need to contact now to get the ball rolling on the repair? you think they will cover it?
    if you bought the car new just go to the dealer and talk to them in service also print you off a copy of the service bulletin to show them ! if not check around in here and theres a guy name scott summers i think thats his name anyhow he's you connnection to gm call him and he will put it down that you called and you will still have to take it to a local dealership to get it looked at! The dealership will then decided if they fix it or not bascially. check back at the starting of this thread for his number at gm and there probably a link to the tech bulletin on the sail panel replace procedure too and good luck let us know what they say.

silver
    02 SS

I got a couple of bubbles showed up last summer & started oozing glue down the roof, i'm in the UK should i try and get a case number first before i approach any dealers here, because i'm sure they won't have heard of it here and if they have i bet they just repainted the panel!
    02SS: MTI LID,SLP SMOOTH BELLOWS,HOLLEY FILTER,PORTED MAF,PORTED TB,FTRA,CORSA CATBACK,SLP LTs,SLP PULLEY,SI5 231/237
    BMR LCAs & PHR,PRO 5.0,CLEAR CORNERS

pewtar
    2002 SS

Does anyone have a copy of the service bulletin that I can carry to the dealership?
    Thanks

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

ls1tech.com has a thread and i think they have a link to it.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Coupe M6

do you have a link to the thread?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Coupe M6

this thread should be a permanent one....

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Coupe M6

ok my service date was 03-27-02 when is it 6 yrs i was told 07 and was told 08 ? did i just miss this because the dealer i go to told me the guy before me never took care of the car ? what can i do to make sure this is covered under warranty

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

im the third owner of my car and ive got it bad, i think its way past time to get it taken care for me.

Black/Silver Stripes
    2000 Trans am Ws6

i work at a bodyshop, and we repainted the car 2x and the bubbles keep comin back... yea i seen the stuff that makes it happens.. u can sand the plastic but the grease will keep coming through.... its a pain in the ass.... its good i found this service bulletin so i wouldent paint it for the 3rd time lmfao!!!!

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Yeah... They won't accept these anymore unless you can walk on water. I tried a little while back and after two days the guy said sorry.

On the other hand, if you can find someone who will comp it, he'll have a shit ton of business

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information