Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

BlacK
    2001 WS6

You have a chameleon, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that mean it's been painted?
    If not, your lucky, very common problem.

Mine was garaged also, probably why it isn't bubbling all over but just in a straight line. The glue is still going to release gas, the darker the car, the more heat, the faster it will happen.

UPDATE!!! I got the guys name and number...even his extension.

His name is Scott Summers, his number is: (866)790-5700 Ext.- 22482
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 01-22-2007 at 01:35 PM.

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    You have a chameleon, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that mean it's been painted?
    If not, your lucky, very common problem.

Mine was garaged also, probably why it isn't bubbling all over but just in a straight line. The glue is still going to release gas, the darker the car, the more heat, the faster it will happen.

YOU ARE THE FREAKIN MAN!!!!!!! callin this guy tomarrow when i get off work thanks again for the update......

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post

Great calling him ASAP!
    My car will be 6 years old in two months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Went down today, they took all my info and they will be ordering the parts.

Remember guys, having him approve it, is half the battle, the other half, is finding the "right" dealer, 'cause even if it's given the green light by Scott, you wanna make sure the dealer you choose, has done this before...you want it to come out right.

Good Luck!!!

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

had mine fixed back in october...car had 33k miles on it.

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6

MAN GM IS FULL OF SOME BULLSHIT.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

GM said yes. Manager at dealership told me. No I can warranty that and you didn't buy the car new from us.(Buying a car at 12, I don't think so) Its not a major problem with the F-bodys. I've only seen about 5 of them. It doesn't affect the value of the car.

SUNSET ORANGE

The dealer will always give you the run around. He must have ment 5000 f-bodys. And you dont have to buy the car new. It gets fixed under the GM good will. Thats what they call it.

My girl need a new car and i will be looking else were for a new ride. And unless the roof has been fixed already. This is my last f-body.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

I wanted to thank everyone for this information. I went to Dealer 1 1/2 years ago about this. they said they would only pay 1/2 of the repair. Went back with this information and now they are going to pay all but $200.00 deductable. Only problem I may have is that the NHRA decal for sail panel may no longer be available. Thanks again

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Holy cow! I wish I would have read this post before I posted one of my own. Just washed and waxed my car today and when I got to the roof between the t-tops and rear window, I was like "What the f... is that?" Thought it was rust pits, but now after reading this, I'm taking my car straight to the dealership. 23000 miles and it's falling apart on me.

Awaiting Activation

black
    1999 trans am ws6

We got 3 cars here in the uk and they have all done it too !! So its not just sun that does it we have bubbles under paint around the rear window

SUNSET ORANGE

Mine was just fixed today. For free.

Awaiting Activation

black
    1999 trans am ws6

hey ! i was in Orlando yesterday!!
    Saw the plane that crashed at Sanford!! Got delayed for 5 hours coming back to the uk

SUNSET ORANGE

I saw that on the local news. Sorry for the delay.

Black
    01 WS6 M6

Hello,
    Stopped by a Chevy(Elco Chevrolet) and Pontiac(Moore Pontiac) dealer today here in St. Louis, Chevy pushed me off to the Pontiac dealer. Pontiac first said "No" because it had too many miles, then said, no because I was not the origional owner, then said no because it is not "through the sheetmetal".....whatever. That 6 year warranty you guys are talking about is up in 10 days for me and the bird, so I called that 866 number today, hope something goes my way on this one. Thanks for this thread!!! Sail panel looks like chit!
    Brian

Black
    2001 Z28

Hey guys......just wanted to give you an update......I have been monitoring this thread and so I called them today. I talked to GM Customer Service.....they gave me a case number and said "Yes" we know this is a big issue......I go to the dealership tomorrow.....I will keep you posted to see how everything goes. My Z is always garaged and I dont drive it to work....I have a company vehicle so it is out of the sun most of the time.

Thanks T.

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

well i've posted a few times in this thread anyhow seeing all this and having 2 cars doing the exact same thing ......so guess what folks im going to fix it myself, get it done by my local body man and its (yes) coming out of my own pocket and gm can take that new camaro and ( yes i know it looks awesome, and would like to have one ) stick it in their you know what !! Besides you know how many problems they will have with a all new designed car lol not me ...as for the 2 i got now they will be the last 2 ill ever own lol seriously

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i think all of you who say "this will be my last gm or f body" are all a bunch of crying baby's i understand that everyone with an f body is probably suffering from this problem and some of you are having a hard time getting it fixed under any kind of warranty or recall, but to insult an amazing car or maker like gm cause your little black sail panel has pen hole size bumps in it, give me a break, im upset about the fact that they couldnt figure out a better way of mounting it than glue, but you know what it was the cheapest and most effective way to get it done, this is how they keep the cost down on there vehicles and how gm makes the most bang for the buck performance cars out there! hands down

so suck it up and stop crying about spilled milk, drive your car, love it is a fuckin camaro not a rolls royce or lamborghini,

p.s i do not have a mullet but just love f bodys and gm.
    but i do drink coors light, so...

NBM
    98 Mecham TA #4 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    i think all of you who say "this will be my last gm or f body" are all a bunch of crying baby's i understand that everyone with an f body is probably suffering from this problem and some of you are having a hard time getting it fixed under any kind of warranty or recall, but to insult an amazing car or maker like gm cause your little black sail panel has pen hole size bumps in it, give me a break, im upset about the fact that they couldnt figure out a better way of mounting it than glue, but you know what it was the cheapest and most effective way to get it done, this is how they keep the cost down on there vehicles and how gm makes the most bang for the buck performance cars out there! hands down

so suck it up and stop crying about spilled milk, drive your car, love it is a fuckin camaro not a rolls royce or lamborghini,

p.s i do not have a mullet but just love f bodys and gm.
    but i do drink coors light, so...
    Well said.
    I am a body tech by trade, I cut appart and rebuilt cars of all makes/models every day. GM builds some of the better cars and trucks on the road.

I wont bash any of the other manufacturers but I will say I see some crazy things in the way some of these cars are built and I wonder how they get away with it.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Well said.
    I am a body tech by trade, I cut appart and rebuilt cars of all makes/models every day. GM builds some of the better cars and trucks on the road.

I wont bash any of the other manufacturers but I will say I see some crazy things in the way some of these cars are built and I wonder how they get away with it.
    gm rocks

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information