Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

That TSB says 1999-2002 Camaro and Firebird. What about 98? I called the 800 number and the woman said she couldn't find any TSB regarding this situation... WTF?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

A 98 would be well outta the 6 year rust thru warranty anyway so you'd have no chance anyway.

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6

Yep mines bubbling now. I went to dealerships yesterday and i know they know about it because i had my camaro fix there and they still gave me the run around. So i get on the phone with gm and the lady is real nice so im being nice. I gave her a bunch of info and were talking. She says it depends if the car is in good condition and im like its a show car and i take it to shows all the time. I tell her i had a camaro with this problem and thousands of others to. And my friend just got his fixed under the 6 year corrosion warranty. We talked for a long time and she said i want to help. So now im waiting a call back by this friday. As im talking to her i said its gm's glue doing this to the paint. I never put it there. And also there is some kind of sticky stuff coming from the bubbles. If gm dont fix this im going to write a letter to all the magazines and explane gm wount fix there defect.

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001somws6 View Post
    Yep mines bubbling now. I went to dealerships yesterday and i know they know about it because i had my camaro fix there and they still gave me the run around. So i get on the phone with gm and the lady is real nice so im being nice. I gave her a bunch of info and were talking. She says it depends if the car is in good condition and im like its a show car and i take it to shows all the time. I tell her i had a camaro with this problem and thousands of others to. And my friend just got his fixed under the 6 year corrosion warranty. We talked for a long time and she said i want to help. So now im waiting a call back by this friday. As im talking to her i said its gm's glue doing this to the paint. I never put it there. And also there is some kind of sticky stuff coming from the bubbles. If gm dont fix this im going to write a letter to all the magazines and explane gm wount fix there defect.
    sounds good to me .....let us know on your progress im behind you 100% with the letter..........

SUNSET ORANGE

The best thing about this. My sis works for primedia here in tampa. Hahaha
    Last edited by 2001somws6; 01-05-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I know a few with this problem. Will delerships fix this free of charge even though the car is no longer under warranty?

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

SUNSET ORANGE

Its covered under the 6 year corrosion warranty. The dearlership will give you a hard time until you talk to gm. I know alot of people that got it fixed under corrosion.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sstevecamaro View Post
    After reeding this post, I went to see my car and...shit ! here they are. I am living in Canada and my car is a garage queen. It is rarely exposed to hot temperature and never stay long under the sun. It is definitely the last GM I will buy. I used to like GM cars but wow, this problem is too much. Damn !
    Cool! You think your car is a piece of shit! I'll buy it of ya real cheap! At least GM doesn't over-rate the HORSEPOWER of their cars, their under-rated!!

SUNSET ORANGE

Well i just got off the phone with GM and boy i need some lube on how bad there ramming me in the ass.

They said they wont fix their defect because im the second owner and they dont know how the car was kept up.

I ask them about the 6 year corrosion warrenty and they said its for rust. And i also asked about the "good will" and they say its up to the dealership. At this point i feel there is discrimation being played here. I say the sun is melting the glue under the sheet metal causing the paint to bubble.

And get this shit. They say well the sun can do that. I say My parents have a 2000 toyota sitting in the sun without bubbles, a co-worker's 05 GT sitting in the parking lot all day without bubbles, my sister's 2 honda accords sitting in the sun without bubbles in the paint or my other sister's benz in the sun without bubbles. Its GM's glue used to keep the roof on. And you're telling me you're not going to fix your defect on the car you built with your materials.

Its time to mention names and numbers to the BBB and the local newspapers automotive dept and let everyone know that GM uses defected parts and dont hold up to their mess up and DISCRIMINATE to get out of what they messed up on.

GM=

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I don't understand why some peeps are getting the runaround. I called today and the guy was like no problomo. Gave me the number to the nearest dealer to me and said it's covered and wouldn't cost me a dime, didn't ask If I was the first or umpteenth owner of the car. I called the dealer and they said bring it in manyana.

2001SomWS6 your in Orlando, I'm in Palm Bay, I have no idea why your getting the runaround, but this guy was like yea, it's covered completely, even gave me a case #
    He directed me to go to Palm Bay Chevrolet, now if they give me no problems, and everything comes out fine, I suggest you take the ride here, you know it's worth it then,
    I don't have to tell you that.

Hey I'll even meet ya there if ya like, I've never seen a sunburnt mettalic WS6 in the flesh, just in pictures.

I get the feeling, it's WHO you talk to when you call that GM number, If I remember correctly I hit the last number in the menu to talk to someone.

I'll keep everyone updated from here.

Oh and Sassy, thank you so much for posting this thread, I was just starting to look around for a body shop to fix this bubbling, and it would of just came back!!!

May your children grow up to drive the baddest WS6's in all the land.
    Last edited by {FzS}BlacKMagicK; 01-19-2007 at 08:37 AM.

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    I don't understand why some peeps are getting the runaround. I called today and the guy was like no problomo. Gave me the number to the nearest dealer to me and said it's covered and wouldn't cost me a dime, didn't ask If I was the first or umpteenth owner of the car. I called the dealer and they said bring it in manyana.

2001SomWS6 your in Orlando, I'm in Palm Bay, I have no idea why your getting the runaround, but this guy was like yea, it's covered completely, even gave me a case #
    He directed me to go to Palm Bay Chevrolet, now if they give me no problems, and everything comes out fine, I suggest you take the ride here, you know it's worth it then,
    I don't have to tell you that.

Hey I'll even meet ya there if ya like, I've never seen a sunburnt mettalic WS6 in the flesh, just in pictures.

I get the feeling, it's WHO you talk to when you call that GM number, If I remember correctly I hit the last number in the menu to talk to someone.

I'll keep everyone updated from here.

Oh and Sassy, thank you so much for posting this thread, I was just starting to look around for a body shop to fix this bubbling, and it would of just came back!!!

May your children grow up to drive the baddest WS6's in all the land.

WHO DID YOU CALL??? so i can call tomarrow!

BlacK
    2001 WS6

WHO DID YOU CALL??? so i can call tomorrow!
    I just called the # posted in the beginning of this thread 1-800-762-2737 don't know if it'll make a difference but I called late in the day and spoke to a guy not some biotch on the rag, he was totally cool, told me it wouldn't cost me a dime and gave me a case number even, then told me what dealership nearest me I could go to.

I went there today but I had just missed the guy in charge, there was an older gentleman there, who took a look at it and cringed and said, "I hate seeing this on these cars." "It's the glue they used ya know."
    Then he said , "Don't worry, when they get done with it it'll look like a million bucks."
    "We've done like six of these already." Music to my ears, just what I wanted to hear.

Then he told me to come back tomorrow this guy Ty would take down my vin# then order the sail panel, he then said, they wouldn't schedule me to have the work done until the part was in hand, then they would schedule and if I like, since it takes about two days, they would give me a rental for only 25 bucks a day...pretty sweet. He told me everything is completely covered and that if I was to have to do this on my own, total would be about two grand! No thanks, I like free better. Make sure your car is lookin it's best before you bring it down anywhere too.

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    I just called the # posted in the beginning of this thread 1-800-762-2737 don't know if it'll make a difference but I called late in the day and spoke to a guy not some biotch on the rag, he was totally cool, told me it wouldn't cost me a dime and gave me a case number even, then told me what dealership nearest me I could go to.

I went there today but I had just missed the guy in charge, there was an older gentleman there, who took a look at it and cringed and said, "I hate seeing this on these cars." "It's the glue they used ya know."
    Then he said , "Don't worry, when they get done with it it'll look like a million bucks."
    "We've done like six of these already." Music to my ears, just what I wanted to hear.

Then he told me to come back tomorrow this guy Ty would take down my vin# then order the sail panel, he then said, they wouldn't schedule me to have the work done until the part was in hand, then they would schedule and if I like, since it takes about two days, they would give me a rental for only 25 bucks a day...pretty sweet. He told me everything is completely covered and that if I was to have to do this on my own, total would be about two grand! No thanks, I like free better. Make sure your car is lookin it's best before you bring it down anywhere too.
    REMEMBER THE GUYS NAME???

BlacK
    2001 WS6

Sorry, didn't catch his name, but I think it makes a big difference which dealer you choose, because I called the nearest Pontiac dealer and right away the "woman" I get on the phone for their service dept. starts givin me the run around. I called the Chevy dealer the guy gave me on the phone and nuthin but green lights.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Anyone have a copy of the bulletin or whatever it is? Having it helps out alot.
    Also how does mine compare to others?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Only costs about $800 to fix out of pocket.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

ONLY $800. If it can be done free, thats the way i'm going.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

They fixed mine for free, but I had looked into getting it done prior to that.

BlacK
    2001 WS6

I guess out of pocket cost would GREATLY depend on where you live.

bevenue, that's it exactly, though mine runs in a straight line across the front of the sail panel right behind the T's from one side to the other.

chameleon
    98 T/A

my 98 hasnt done that but its always in the garage too.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information