Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast
    1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by onehotcavalier
    the 01 was going to be the 02. they put it out 6 months later than what they normally would have so decided to call it the 01.... (because of the HP issues you mentioned) The gold cobra was going to be an 8k option and was going to be mistic, changing colors from gold to red... kinda like the the mystic purple cobra from 96.

I hada 99, blew the engine and ended up with a 00 engine in it. later traded it in on a 01 because I never got enought use of the vert and wanted a coupe
    there was a mystic in 03 also wasnt there ( i know it was a term so 03-04) mystic seats in it were bad ass...

the 00 motor? typo?

and should that read the 01 was gonna be the 00, but....
    -me

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    there was a mystic in 03 also wasnt there ( i know it was a term so 03-04) mystic seats in it were bad ass...

the 00 motor? typo?

and should that read the 01 was gonna be the 00, but....
    -me
    They built the engines for the 00 model and ended up getting one as a replacement before they decided to release the car as an 01 instead. Exactly like the 99 motor but already had "the fix". It dynoed a lot better than my 99 with the original engine in the mid 280's. The 99 engine I had was in the low 270's after the fix and in the low 260's before the fix

and yes I meant the 01 was going to be the 00, D'oh

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCobraHatesYou View Post
    Dont worry about the terminators... they only named them that to scare people......... they are real slow
    yup... they be slow.... don't you worry about a thing...
    Last edited by hurtindude; 08-07-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

got some pics of my cobras to help people pick out the real terminators from the fakes. or just to help eliminate confustion... how many people claim to beat a terminator, when they are only racing an older cobra, or a GT even w/ some cobra badges... pay special attention to the hood and front bumpber... The lightning is my friend aaron's

i hope to have a web site up soon w/ high rez pics... and more of them... it will not be dial up friendly...

red
    2000 WS6

A guy in my area has an 04 Cobra. So far he's put a Kenne Belle charger on it, lt, h-pipe, Bassani and a tune. 587HP to the wheels. His 1/4 times though... 12.0 at 120+... with drag radials. Does not powershift at all. Might break it he says!

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by jb'sWS6 View Post
    A guy in my area has an 04 Cobra. So far he's put a Kenne Belle charger on it, lt, h-pipe, Bassani and a tune. 587HP to the wheels. His 1/4 times though... 12.0 at 120+... with drag radials. Does not powershift at all. Might break it he says!
    The engine and tranny are virtually bullet proof. however around that power level people start to blow half shafts out of their IRS. Especially w/ slicks. That power level calls for level 2 half shafts. Stick w/ a clutch type diff and i wouldn't have any fear of power shifting at that point.

I saw a man run 10's. All he had was a turbo and level 2 half shafts and tires and a tune... And i mean thats it... Stock throttle body even. Stock exhaust system. Nothing else was changed.... not that a turbo is a minor mod or anything, but just the point they they can take the punishment with little work.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by hurtindude View Post
    got some pics of my cobras to help people pick out the real terminators from the fakes. or just to help eliminate confustion... how many people claim to beat a terminator, when they are only racing an older cobra, or a GT even w/ some cobra badges... pay special attention to the hood and front bumpber... The lightning is my friend aaron's

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

i hope to have a web site up soon w/ high rez pics... and more of them... it will not be dial up friendly...
    I'd race it......no worries....

Torch Red
    2K3 SVT Cobra 10th Av.

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    I'd race it......no worries....
    with "720rwhp 786rwtq Pump Gas" i would hope you have no worries... my car is near stock. that wouldn't be much of a race. may i siuggest if you are looking for some one more your speed, you point your web browser to www.svtperformance.com There are a few guys there that would be a better match for you.

not that i know any of these people personally, but if you were looking for someone in your power class, pay special attention to the turbo cobras section under the forum for terminators.

most people in their run Hellion kits and make around 700 RWHP or more.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Corona-Extra View Post
    I like the scale

(ULTRA-SUPER RARE)
    kinda NASTY
    REAL FUCK*N NASTY
    ULTRA-RARE, REAL FUCK*N NASTY
    REAL FUCK*N SUPER NASTY

LMFAO

I’ve got a buddy with an 00 Cobra R and like you said.. its (REAL FUCK*N NASTY)
    *whispering under my breath* shit, I've gotta start modding the SS asap.

You guys making me feel like my car's slow.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Exclamation

Was at a show Monday [Canadian Holiday] at a local Ford dealer...a guy brought a new Black SALEEN Supercharged Mustang..cage,nitrous,exhaust...it sounded wicked and sure looked alot better than any 03-04 Cobras...[not trying to start a fight]..it was the nicest car I have seen in awhile, and I am a GM GUY.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by NHRAMAN View Post
    Was at a show Monday [Canadian Holiday] at a local Ford dealer...a guy brought a new Black SALEEN Supercharged Mustang..cage,nitrous,exhaust...it sounded wicked and sure looked alot better than any 03-04 Cobras...[not trying to start a fight]..it was the nicest car I have seen in awhile, and I am a GM GUY.
    I raced a stock 06 with a supercharger, pulled his ass from start to finish. Had him by a buslength at the top of fourth. I hope that nitrous helps this guy, cause a stock one saw nothing but the ass-end of a DISAPPEARING cam/bolt-on Z28. I was unimpressed. They are nice ass hell though!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

hahaha, I'm a gm guy too, but I've gotta give it to ford for the mustang. Some of them are pretty nice. Regular GTs don't get my attention at all because they pretty much only sound good and thats it. I love to see modded gts because they go from slow and sounding really good to pretty quick and sounding good as hell hahaha!

Our cars for the most part stock wise are pretty quiet but fast, but I love seeing fbodies modded even more because fords can sound great but fbodies do it a little better hahaha

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post

03-04 cobras... kiss your ass goodbye... with out a nicely modded ls1 you wont even run a stock one.... and with about $1000 you can up the hp on a term cobra by about 50 hp...

-me
    I beg to differ, sir! I raced an 03 Cobra at the track and beat it when my car was stock! He was a good driver. Of course I only beat it by .18 of a second, but that was about 2 cars.

blk02ws6vert
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Someone said they raced an '00 Cobra. There were no '00 Cobra's, except for the '00 Cobra R. I am going to add this breakdown and I would appreciate everyone's opinion. Don't hesitate to disagree, or agree!

93 Cobra, only FOX-body COBRA, (COLLECTOR's ITEM)
    93 Cobra R, only like 107 made (ULTRA-SUPER RARE)
    94-95 Cobra's, slow pigs
    95 Cobra R 5.8L 300 HP/365TQ (only 250 made, ULTRA-RARE, 13.8 1/4 mile)
    96-98 Cobra's, 1st year DOHC, need gears and full bolt-ons to be NASTY
    99 Cobra kinda NASTY
    00 Cobra R, 5.4L DOHC 385HP/385TQ (only 300 made, ULTRA-RARE, REAL FUCK*N NASTY)
    01 Cobra pretty NASTY
    03-04 Cobra REAL FUCK*N NASTY
    07 Shelby GT500 Cobra, promises to be REAL FUCK*N SUPER NASTY

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every bat

- Sun Tzu
    why worry about a newer mach 1? the fastest ones i seen stock ran 14.0-14.4

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by blk02ws6vert View Post
    why worry about a newer mach 1? the fastest ones i seen stock ran 14.0-14.4
    The title of this thread is "When Racing Cobra's."

When somebody says they raced a '99 Mach 1, then I will post a thread for Mach 1's. Ummmmkaay?

red
    2000 WS6

Hurtindude... you were right. I was talking to one of my friends and found out that he broke one of his halfshafts. Says it "broke a tooth?". Mean anything to you? His plan is to put a live rear in it and pull out the IRS. I have always been diehard GM but his car sounds wicked as hell and I respect the hell out of anything fast. I didn't think anything could beat a Chevy (little brand loyalty going on) and got my ass handed to me by a 67 Dart with a 440. 10 car lengths and he came from behind! Learned a lesson that day.

Silver
    02 WS6

Cobra's = weak sauce babeee! They can be fast for what they are, but they are not anything but prey.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

heres one of the elusive 2000 Cobras for sale if interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

only mustang i wouldn’t be ashamed to be seen in......
    No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

I had a 97 that had homemade ram air, timing adjustor, ud puilles, h pipe, an Magnaflow exhaust. The best 1/8 mile I ever turned 8.5 so not bad for a few bolt ons.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast

Thread Information