Black
    99 Trans Am

Torque Converter unlocking when load decreases

So I just got my TA back from an engine rebuild. Now the TCC unlock isn't right.

It's not in the tune, so that can be ruled out. I can't imagine what could have happened to it. I suppose it's possible that the TCC or lock solenoid is gone?

For example, I'm driving 70 on the highway and it's loaded going up a hill, it's fine. Once I let of of the accelerator very slightly, the TCC unlocks and revs up as I accelerate - then locks. Any suspects as to what is going on? I'm getting around 10-12 MPG like this.

Black
    99 Trans Am

Oh ... also I'm on an SD tune - not sure that it matters. Load would be measured from the MAP sensor. If anyone has any troubleshooting tips, I'm all ears. There are a few TCC channels in HP tuners that I enabled the last time I logged it, but haven't looked at it yet.
    `99 Trans Am: Vigilante 2600, Stroked (383), Cammed, TSP Catback and Headers,Strano/Koni STR.T, Strano 35/22 Sway Bars, Elite E2 Catch can, 400,000 miles
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    79 Firebird: Pontiac 400 4-speed, Borg Warner Super T-10, XE-268 Cam, Hedman headers, Edelbrock RPM intake, dual exhaust & Flowmasters
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    `08 Corvette Base M6 LS3, Morimoto Headlights and Taillights, SLP Blackwing CAI.

Thread Information