Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Suspension squeaks and creaks!

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2000 WS6 with about 86K miles. For the last few years, I have been getting suspension squeaking noises in the front and creaking noises in the rear. Has gotten worse little by little over the years. Suspension is all original. Is there a cheap and easy way to remedy this? My mechanic says he can't find anything to lube. Thanks very much.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by mraya View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have a 2000 WS6 with about 86K miles. For the last few years, I have been getting suspension squeaking noises in the front and creaking noises in the rear. Has gotten worse little by little over the years. Suspension is all original. Is there a cheap and easy way to remedy this? My mechanic says he can't find anything to lube. Thanks very much.
    Has your mechanic road tested, and then looked at the suspension components? A mechanic, worth their salt, should be able to determine the source of the noises.

Lowest hanging fruit, you have suspension components that have 22-year-old rubber bushings and whatnot; I am sure some of them are somewhat deteriorating/deteriorated.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Has your mechanic road tested, and then looked at the suspension components? A mechanic, worth their salt, should be able to determine the source of the noises.

Lowest hanging fruit, you have suspension components that have 22-year-old rubber bushings and whatnot; I am sure some of them are somewhat deteriorating/deteriorated.
    Thanks! They drove it but they couldn't hear it. To hear it, you have to drive slow and on a smoother, more quiet road surface. I think your probably right - bushings. Hopefully, it's not an expensive process to replace the bushings. My first time experiencing this. Thanks again!

Thread Information