Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

Unhappy Bummed - Tick MC leaking after just 2 months

Hoping my clutch issues were behind me, and breaking in the clutch finished I was looking forward to a transmission issue free spring to focus on the car's interior. Then I heard an odd squeak under the dash. I believed it to be the adjustment nuts on the Tick MC needing to be tightened but found instead fluid around the rubber boot under the dash. Pulling the carpet back I found there was not a lot but some brake fluid on the plastic liner under the carpet and the foam backing. I called Tick but had to leave a voice mail. Hoping the lifetime warranty on leaks is honored as this is really an expense and downtime I wasn't planning for. I am already 2 months behind schedule on the interior work (stereo, sound deadening, dash and door panel fixes, passenger window motor replacement) AND weather is getting good enough for daily trips.

The foam backed plastic piece under the pedals seems like it could soak up a lot of fluid. What is the best way to clean this and ensure there isn't any break fluid in it so it won't start to corrode the floor pan from the inside? I was able to clean off the back of the carpet ok with simple green and shop towels but it seems the foam is glued to the floor? Finding this leak was just a real gut punch added to an already bad week.

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

It was a bear to get the Tick out, but I did and mailed it off for warranty work. I went ahead and stripped the carpet out and found some surprises under the carpet, luckily no rust or damage from brake fluid. 20 year old carpet didn't hold up well and with the smells and stains not coming out well, I'm done trying to salvage the carpet. The ACC carpet should be here next week and I'm taking the opportunity to put the sound proofing material down while the MC gets worked on.

So, pressure plate failed but McLeod rebuild it. Tick MC started to leak and hopefully they will fix/replace it. Glad I drained and replaced the transmission and rear end fluids (and put in a new pinion seal)! Really hope this does it for my transmission woes.
    2002 Pontiac CETA #1315

Stock Engine, McLeod clutch kit/Tick MC in T56, stock suspension

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am

After 2 phone calls and a little pushing I finally received a disassembled master (sent it in in 1 piece, master and line) in a master, plastic tub, and line that leaked on the box. Well, the discovery of leaked brake fluid on the floorboards led to a removal of the carpet and trying to get the foam under the hard plastic on the floor board dry, priming and painting the areas the fluid stripped. Now I need to put in the replacement master, bleed the system and get it all ready for registration inspection by the end of the month. With the carpet out I decided to apply the sound dampening material which is taking way longer than expected.

Thread Information