Thread: Help please

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

Help please

my 2000 ws6 has 40,xxx, cant remember the last time i drove it , nobody
    drives it, I have a MCcleod STreet twin clutch, I get in it today to drive it, and there is no pedal, i added fluid , still nothing

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Slowly pump the clutch pedal several times and see if it starts to come back. Then check for fluid on the ground under the car.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Slowly pump the clutch pedal several times and see if it starts to come back. Then check for fluid on the ground under the car.
    I did and nothing, I guess Ill have to find the bleeder valve... Like I said I drove the car months ago with no problem , the resovior was dry , I added fluid so I ll try bleeding Thank you...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Brake fluid (which is probably what is in the reservoir) will dissipate after it drips onto a garage floor. Not sure how something with a boiling point north of 470 degrees does that, but that's what happens.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Look for missing paint along the body from the mc to the slave. If you have a leak you'll find it that way quick. Brake fluid dissolves paint quickly.

If you decide to replace the master get a Tick Performance MC. Well, well worth the money.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Look for missing paint along the body from the mc to the slave. If you have a leak you'll find it that way quick. Brake fluid dissolves paint quickly.

If you decide to replace the master get a Tick Performance MC. Well, well worth the money.
    Thanks Ill look for that.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

OK , update.... I bought a pump from Advance Auto, I tried to pump the fluid through it to get the air out , nothing. So I just started pushing th pedal to the floor until I actuall got a pedal, it was hard , and normal feeling. So I take it for a ride, and it was perfect, then about 2 miles into the ride i could feel the pedal getting soft , and realeasing more at the bottom, I still just drove it, about 15 mins. into the ride I decided I better get it home, I cant go into reverse, and its almost impossibe to get into any other gear, So I assume I have to bleed the master???
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Yes it will have to be bled. If it was empty long enough you could have corrosion inside the master or slave. If that is the case you might as well replace it.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

well I assume it was dry for months, so i guess thr tick Performance is the way to go....I can just do the Master, and slave correct....

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Tick sells a package with everything you need I believe or you can call them and they will go over it all with you.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Tick sells a package with everything you need I believe or you can call them and they will go over it all with you.
    I think I will just do the slave, and the little resivor , I assume that is the Master for the Clutch, The Throwout liiks more into what I can do on my back.... Thanks

Thread Information