Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Thanks Jeff, I definitely caught that a few times. Does it matter whether the Oil is Synthetic or not? Your Smaller dispensers, any particular place you picked those up? I assume they are from 1 to 3 oz. in size.

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Thanks Jeff. I did see that a few times. Does it matter if the oil is synthetic or not? Also, about your smaller dispensers. Any particular place you got them? I assume they are between 1 and 3 oz in size. My source for small dispensers dried up a few months ago..:-)

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I ended up with 2 or 3 of the smaller bottles of TC-W3 that are maybe 16 ounces that I purchased back when I started using it. This allowed me to take a container with me for fill ups on the road when we traveled with our cars.

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

I assume Synthetic or not doesn't matter? I got some TC-W3 last night. Walmart only had the Supertech brand, and only one size (16 oz). I found a 2 Oz Needle-less Syringe online made for applications such as this, and it will be perfect to retrieve the oil from the bottle, and shoot a jet into the gas tank opening. Should be perfect for the job.

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Errors When Editing a Post

Those 2 sequential posts from me were not intentional. Over the last week or so, every time I "Edit" a post and click "Save", I get a box that pops up indicating a "Database Error". I then have to "X" out of the box. Some times the update not not take, or the update DOES take, and in this case I got a second post. There seems to be an issue with this Forum, at least for me..

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Tried to duplicate it. Couldn't.
    If you can post the exact error, I will check it out..
    Last edited by Ed Blown Vert; 10-22-2017 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Test Edit

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I think I fixed it.
    Last edited by Ed Blown Vert; 10-22-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Test Edit #2

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by NastySS View Post
    I assume Synthetic or not doesn't matter? I got some TC-W3 last night. Walmart only had the Supertech brand, and only one size (16 oz). I found a 2 Oz Needle-less Syringe online made for applications such as this, and it will be perfect to retrieve the oil from the bottle, and shoot a jet into the gas tank opening. Should be perfect for the job.
    Not at all - I have Supertech brand TC-W3 in the garage right now. Not sure if you track your mileage, but our cars see a definite improvement when running this regimen. My wife's last car could not make it back and forth to work for a week on a tank of gas. With the oil additive in the tank, she was suddenly able to make her 70 plus mile round trip commute for an entire work week before having to fill up.

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Tried to duplicate it. Couldn't.
    If you can post the exact error, I will check it out..
    Right after I posted that database error statement, I edited it to ad a second period at the end because I knew someone would want to see the error box that popped up. The problem did NOT happen that time. Go figure?? I am going to add a second period again right now after I save this comment..

It seems it is not happening any longer. Sorry I could not duplicate, but it did happen every time for about a week.
    Last edited by NastySS; 10-23-2017 at 08:55 AM.

iTrader
    2 (100%)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I've had it happen a couple of times. I think it happens when you edit it after a few min from original posting or if you try to edit the post a 3rd time. If you go back within a min or two it's not an issue.

When the window pops up I just hit cancel and see if it still took the changes. So far it has.

iTrader
    A little late to this thread but here's my experience with this subject. Bought a o2 Camaro a few years ago with a blown motor. The story was broke a rod on start up. Bring it home and pull the motor, number 6 rod broke. Don't think to tear it apart and see why. Put a motor in the next day a 5.3 I already had. The only part I used off the original motor was the intake, rails and injectors. Fired it up and drove it 4-5 miles and brought it back home and left it sit for the next 3 months while I decided if I wanted to keep it or sell it. Decided to fire it up one day out of the blue and as soon as I hit the key there was a loud crack followed by a rattling tin can sound. It fired up so I pulled into garage pissed as a mofo. Pulled motor and tranny and sure enough broke number 6 rod. This time though I pulled the head and number 6 hole was full of water. Now 2 motor with same broke rod with only the intake as the common denominator. I didn't take the time to figure out if it was a leaking intake gasket or injector oring but one was definitely leaking into the intake runner causing a hydrolock on that hole. Rain water dripping in from the split in the cowl plastic was puddling up on the intake there and seeping in.
    Last edited by tug686spd; 11-13-2017 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Can't spell and auto correct

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by tug686spd View Post
    A little late to this thread but here's my experience with this subject. Bought a o2 Camaro a few years ago with a blown motor. The story was broke a rod on start up. Bring it home and pull the motor, number 6 rod broke. Don't think to tear it apart and see why. Put a motor in the next day a 5.3 I already had. The only part I used off the original motor was the intake, rails and injectors. Fired it up and drove it 4-5 miles and brought it back home and left it sit for the next 3 months while I decided if I wanted to keep it or sell it. Decided to fire it up one day out of the blue and as soon as I hit the key there was a loud crack followed by a rattling tin can sound. It fired up so I pulled into garage pissed as a mofo. Pulled motor and tranny and sure enough broke number 6 rod. This time though I pulled the head and number 6 hole was full of water. Now 2 motor with same broke rod with on the intake as the common denominator. I didn't take the time to figure out if it was a leaking intake gasket or injector oring but one was definitely leaking into the intake runner causing a hydrolock on that hole. Rain water dripping in from the split in the cowl plastic was puddling up on the intake there and sealing in.
    Thanks for your input tug. That makes total sense. When I made a post about the cause of this problem months ago, I was asked by several people if there was any water getting on to the intake, because others has experienced what you did. In my case, I had a ticking sound coming from the center of the engine for the past 4 years. In the 3-4 months prior to failure, that tick got progressively worse and worse. It was always quiet at start-up, then got louder once the engine heated up. There was no water getting on to my intake, well only when I occasionally took it to the car wash and sprayed the engine to keep her clean. I always drove it for a while afterwards and any bits left over would get evaporated. What I would like to know is how you just took out your Engine and Trans by themselves??? You have a secret you'd like to share with the rest of the class? Did you pull them out from from the top? If so, I hear that is a real PIA to do.

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Not at all - I have Supertech brand TC-W3 in the garage right now. Not sure if you track your mileage, but our cars see a definite improvement when running this regimen. My wife's last car could not make it back and forth to work for a week on a tank of gas. With the oil additive in the tank, she was suddenly able to make her 70 plus mile round trip commute for an entire work week before having to fill up.
    Wow,,,,amazing stuff...! I put it in my 3.5L SUV, and it runs so much smoother, has better acceleration and power, and I got an easy 4 MPG increase...!!! Who would have thought? One thing that thread states repeatedly, is to use 1 Oz of TC-W3 per 5 gallons of gas AND use a 1:500 mix. This is contradictory. One Oz per 5 gallons is a 1:640 mix. That is a 28% difference. Maybe I should put this in that thread? Is it a 1:500 mix or a 1:640 mix? 1 oz per 4 Gallons is a 1:500 mix, and 1 oz per 5 gallons is a 1:640 mix. I WILL DO THAT RIGHT AFTER I POST THIS.

iTrader
    NastySS, there is no secret to pulling the motor other than experience. I'm a little older so when ever a motor comes out in my mind I'm pulling a motor whether it's out the top or underneath. I use a cherry picker, 2 jack stands and 3 cheap harbor freight 1000 pound dollies to drop motor/tranny. I use a short nylon tow strap wrapped around top of core support to lift car up off motor/tranny, 3 dollies- 1 under tranny's pan with a 4x4 on it for height, the 2 others 1 on each side of the k member. Place them so they hit lower a-arm and k member so the a-arm just don't flop on the ground. Once the bolts are out lift body and roll everything out from under car, usually lift car just high enough to roll engine out through fender well. This girl did a really, really nice right up for dropping out the bottom https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...ls1-fbody.html. Any questions just ask

Your tick was prob a bent rod and it is prob what finally let go. These intake hold a pile of water underneath them that can't be seen, always surprises me when I pull one that's been sitting for some time and there's still water in there. As for Complete Streets view on the intake they are covering their ass, I actually use them for my base tunes.

iTrader
    Didn't look at the thread when I copied the link. Just looked at it and it appears all pics are gone now but still easy to follow. Damn photobucket

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by tug686spd View Post
    NastySS, there is no secret to pulling the motor other than experience. I'm a little older so when ever a motor comes out in my mind I'm pulling a motor whether it's out the top or underneath. I use a cherry picker, 2 jack stands and 3 cheap harbor freight 1000 pound dollies to drop motor/tranny. I use a short nylon tow strap wrapped around top of core support to lift car up off motor/tranny, 3 dollies- 1 under tranny's pan with a 4x4 on it for height, the 2 others 1 on each side of the k member. Place them so they hit lower a-arm and k member so the a-arm just don't flop on the ground. Once the bolts are out lift body and roll everything out from under car, usually lift car just high enough to roll engine out through fender well. This girl did a really, really nice right up for dropping out the bottom https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...ls1-fbody.html. Any questions just ask

Your tick was prob a bent rod and it is prob what finally let go. These intake hold a pile of water underneath them that can't be seen, always surprises me when I pull one that's been sitting for some time and there's still water in there. As for Complete Streets view on the intake they are covering their ass, I actually use them for my base tunes.
    Hey tug,

So you are local to here in PA I see. Thank you for the detailed run down of your process. My confusion stemmed from the misconception that you were pulling JUST the Motor and Tranny, because that is all you mentioned. I thought you were leaving the whole Front End IN THE CAR. I was wondering if you were a Magician as well as a good Wrench man. Sounds like you could do this job in your sleep..eh? Complete Street has had my car for 3.5 weeks now for a 22 hour job. I have never had a Car tuned before and have so many questions. CSP just won't answer them. Alex can only take so many questions before I can see he's had enough. Man some messed up "Sh_t" has gone down with this job, one that is not yet finished. I can't put it here though. Maybe you'll let me call you some time...:-)

What do you do after a "Base Tune"? Sounds like what I am going to get until my new motor is broken in, then I go back for a "Dyno Tune". Do you just stay with a Base Tune?

iTrader
    Sent you a pm. As far as a base tune it is well worth it to me to have them turn it on the dyno in 1-2 hrs rather than spend countless hrs on the street. Once I have that then I tune off it for what works for me. Like pulling timing down low to help hook up, maybe adding timing up top of it shows gains, shift points are a big one to get right to your own driving style especially with a decent sized stall and then there's nitrous.

iTrader
    And in a couple weeks I'll be able to show you how to actually pull just the motor and tranny out the top. But that's for another thread

iTrader
    1 (100%)

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Responding to the TC-W3 question -- 1 oz. per 5 gallons is what we all do. You are correct though in your math as that is a 1:640 ratio. A little more, or a little less, is not going to make a noticeable difference.

iTrader

Black
    2001 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Responding to the TC-W3 question -- 1 oz. per 5 gallons is what we all do. You are correct though in your math as that is a 1:640 ratio. A little more, or a little less, is not going to make a noticeable difference.
    Thanks Jeff, that is what I figured. I found these 2 OZ non-needled syringes on Ebay with a 1.25 inch tip, and they are perfect for the job. It is just basically Suck (From large bottle or other appropriate container) and Squirt (Into gas tank)...!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information