Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

thanks. I thought it would work but had never seen it. I wanted more of a burnt bronze and still may give that a try. The fun thing is that I really don't have much invested in the wheels, so I dont feel bad playing with them.

I think I want to do the black overlay on the trans am doors badges and rear pontiac, prolly front bird once it is painted. Been debating on silver/chrome/reflective black/charcoal, but thinking simple gloss black with go with anything else I do on the car without being overbearing.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Went to some C6 wheels in 18/19 staggered. First staggered wheels i ever used on a ride. Painted the STB to a basic black hammer so it blended in better. Did insert on rear PONTIAC letters. Ended up repainting the front plate insert for a better match. My convertible top switch died so i got one on the way and some overlays as well. But I did give it some fresh oil and a lil wash for a cruise-in on Friday with the local Pontiac group.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Looks clean! Mine was having problems with the top opening very slowly. It's in the shop for some other stuff right now. Hopefully they're able to fix the top as well.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

So in 2.5 years I have put 60K miles on her and still am glad i bought it for my DD. I figured with spring coming i would finally get some wheels to put inside the 275/35/18 I have been storing. Found a great deal on some silver centered, polished lipped, ASA JH8 18x9.5 w 45 offset that had one used for a display in a shop and the others were new. Even came with a rear new tire from display(235/60/18 so its worthless to me). Got the combo put together yesterday and could not help but stick them on the car.

Car still needs a good cleaning, but every wash it has rained. Pics definitely make want to get some new suspension with about an inch drop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37226D9D-.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	27038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6766.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	27039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6771.jpg 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	27040Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6769.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	27041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6780.jpg 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	27042
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6776.jpg  

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

can you do me HUGE favor???

I need some detailed shows of the window seals and trim of the convertible top. I'll pm you my info.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by hardtrailz View Post
    So in 2.5 years I have put 60K miles on her and still am glad i bought it for my DD. I figured with spring coming i would finally get some wheels to put inside the 275/35/18 I have been storing. Found a great deal on some silver centered, polished lipped, ASA JH8 18x9.5 w 45 offset that had one used for a display in a shop and the others were new. Even came with a rear new tire from display(235/60/18 so its worthless to me). Got the combo put together yesterday and could not help but stick them on the car.

Car still needs a good cleaning, but every wash it has rained. Pics definitely make want to get some new suspension with about an inch drop.

If it's a daily, consider a drop of less than an inch. I'm lowered on Strano springs (1.2") and occasionally, I run into clearance issues (with stock exhaust manifolds, no less). Of course, you need a low-pro jack if you want to lift a lowered car, as well.

Just some things to consider.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Had a low pro jack for years. Been a great investment!

I originally wanted more like 1.75 and been really paying attention to any clearance needs and dont see any issues in my usage. Prolly going more toward 1.2ish since that seems more common to find than an inch. I know of one driveway at a buddies house i will struggle with or just avoid. My buddies z06 can do it, but it barely touches and it is lower than my car would end up.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    can you do me HUGE favor???

I need some detailed shows of the window seals and trim of the convertible top. I'll pm you my info.
    Scott, feel free to PM me and let me know what you need.

Steve
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by sjgreen6 View Post
    Scott, feel free to PM me and let me know what you need.

Steve
    Kyle got me, but thanks too.

Bad thing is I can't get on it for 2 more weeks. So close but so far away. It's at my cousins house so working on it is only on weekends and an hour drive one way.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Had a low pro jack for years. Been a great investment!

I originally wanted more like 1.75 and been really paying attention to any clearance needs and dont see any issues in my usage. Prolly going more toward 1.2ish since that seems more common to find than an inch. I know of one driveway at a buddies house i will struggle with or just avoid. My buddies z06 can do it, but it barely touches and it is lower than my car would end up.
    Where I live, it's all "soft curbs." There are no "driveways" per say, although I do have a garage... I just have to drive up the curb to get there (kinda dumb, but... hey). Anyway, I take it one wheel at a time coming and going. Works okay... Just got to make sure my wife's car is parked far enough off to the side of the driveway to allow my an angled approach up the driveway. If I try to go straight off the curb, I risk scraping the exhaust.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Got the top down the other day and enjoyed some sun. Also got the lift in my dad's new shop which will definitely be a helpful item this summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6949.jpg   8F0F60FE-.jpg  

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Right on! A lift is a game changer, for sure.

It's lovely!

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Appreciate Its been really good to me overall.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I've had some squeaks and creaks in the mechanical components of my top. I just sprayed some Amsoil metal protector on all the joints. Cleared them right up.

When opening the top, the noise was eliminated completely. When closing, there was still a little bit of creaking, so I left it half open, and sprayed some of the harder-to-reach areas. Now it's nice and quiet.

I may go in later with some white lithium for a more long term solution (I had a squeaky clutch pedal when I first bought the car 9 years ago... sprayed it with white lithium and it hasn't squeaked since. Same with my doors: the lithium lasts a few years before needing another application).

Navy Blue Metallic

I've gotten mine back and been driving it around. Starting to really get into the vert life. This is my 1st vert, well, it's for my daughter even though it's in my name.

This is her 1st drive in it this past weekend

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Thinking about a V8 vert, Scott?

Just make sure to take care of the top. If you end up needing to replace it, it'll run you over $1k. If it's in good shape though, just keep taking care of it, and NEVER take it in an automated car wash.

Navy Blue Metallic

I just did it. I paid $300 something for all the stuff. Did it myself over the last few months.

This is hers for the most part. V6. No way could I justify giving a LS to a 16yr old.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I'll bet she's loving it, Scott! Good man <3

Navy Blue Metallic

oh she is KR.

Back story - For a yr she bugged my neighbor for it. He originally got it for his daughter so she could have a car but she didn't want it or didn't want to put any money into it. So he gave me 1st shot.

Thread Information