Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I have had 4 fbodies and went through more dash pads than i would like. Always use a sun shade and have used UV protectant on them and have never had luck keeping one nice. I run a carpet over mine now
    Either I'm just lucky or I'm doing something right
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Us this if you go the protectant route. Leaves a nice "like new" matte finish. Not at all greasy and doesn't attract dust. It won't work miracles though so a sunshade is a must - like others have said.

303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 aerospace, 303 protectant, aerospace protectant, 303 products, 303

Inferno Orange
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99

Well I plan on my garage being my ultimate ally this time around. I'm not taking the car to work to keep the miles and dirt off of it. So, it should be out of the sun most of the time. I will definitely be taking everyone's advice on the days it's outside though.

Black & pewter
    2002 Formula & 1999 TA

Tinted windows will also help keep the inside cooler and may help prolong the plastic parts.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Totally agree... except that almost anything other than factory tint is illegal in our state.

Inferno Orange
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99

My windows are tinted pretty dark so I'm all set there.

Black / White

I've always had dark windows...just something I prefer to have. My truck is 5% and my car is 10% because it's black which makes them look even darker for some reason.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I always used ArmorAll on the dashs of my other Firebirds ('74, '79, '86 and '91) so I automaticly used it on my '02. So now I found out ArmorAll is harmful to the plastic.
    So the question I have is, how do I remove the ArmorAll I applied so I can apply the correct UV protectant?

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    I always used ArmorAll on the dashs of my other Firebirds ('74, '79, '86 and '91) so I automaticly used it on my '02. So now I found out ArmorAll is harmful to the plastic.
    So the question I have is, how do I remove the ArmorAll I applied so I can apply the correct UV protectant?
    I wouldn't worry about removing. I would just start using the UV protection. If you really wanted to, you could wipe everything down with a damp towel and then dry it, but I wouldn't use anything other than that personally.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ This.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I wouldn't worry about removing. I would just start using the UV protection. If you really wanted to, you could wipe everything down with a damp towel and then dry it, but I wouldn't use anything other than that personally.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Bought a new dash last year and they are up to 400 now. I'll deal with a lethal interiors dash mat to save it from cracking all over again. Plus with the custom emblem on it it is slightly more appealing.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Us this if you go the protectant route. Leaves a nice "like new" matte finish. Not at all greasy and doesn't attract dust. It won't work miracles though so a sunshade is a must - like others have said.

303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 aerospace, 303 protectant, aerospace protectant, 303 products, 303
    Probably the number one used product among quality detailers. Has a great reputation on most detailing forums and is used in multiple industries.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I moved to Phoenix in Sept 2003 and lived there until I moved to San Diego in June 2012. I had (still have) a Dashmat on the 02 and I kept the sun shades in the T-tops all the time (even though the T-tops are tinted leaving the shades in kept it cooler to me).

End result is the dash still looks new and the rest of the interior is showing just normal wear and tear for a 62,xxx mile car (which is to say not much except some minor cracks in the drivers side leather seat).
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
    I've now owned 3 cars since moving to Florida. (Bought the 3rd 2 days ago). On the first 2 the dashes started to Crack after just a few months. I never had that problem up north so I'm assuming it's from the hot Florida sun. For the 1st time since being here my car will be kept in the garage but I would still like to know what else I can do for those days it's out in the sun all day.
    Some products to keep the dash board protected is good, try ware based products.
    Don't over do it less is more.
    The most important thing here, though...is common sense and take the right steps tp protect your dash board:
    -Tinted windws keep UV Rays away, This is a must
    -Windshield heat reflector sunshades
    -Be aware where you park. Pick good shaded spots
    -Dash mats are a necessary evil. A cracked dashboard sucks!
    and like it was already mentioned, you can always remove it.

Avus Silver
    2007 Audi RS4

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I have had 4 fbodies and went through more dash pads than i would like. Always use a sun shade and have used UV protectant on them and have never had luck keeping one nice. I run a carpet over mine now
    I've never been a fan of putting anything on dashboards, unless I see it can use a little revive, or refresh. I just keep them clean, I use a damped towel and that's it in most cases.
    I rather use products that are designed to clean as opposed to "condition"
    The majority of cleaners will leave a thin coat of protection.
    My favorite is the 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner and/or 1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner.
    Those are by far the best products for those who want it easy and fast.
    No high, or shiny spots to worry about.
    Last edited by Z06-Goose; 04-05-2015 at 09:21 PM.
    2007 Audi RS 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information