Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...and, as expected, you appear to have overlooked the allegory behind my explanation...

the example of the restaurants and their policy is a where civil rights and property rights typically collide, ...oftentimes private property rights prevail, but there have been exceptions...

...what this is about is the "long game" to what is a "culture war", between those who want to chip away individual liberties, and those who counter them... so, big picture, the cost of doing nothing is greater than the cost of a few over-the-top demonstrations...

this culture war is totally "political", ...as if that need be pointed out... the provacateurs are the anti-gun left, and their sugar daddy's like bloomberg... like i said before, if they were to stop propagandizing the media and lobbying to infringe, then none of this open carry stuff would be happening...

it just doesn't get any more black-n-white than that, 5.0....
    I love when the right (that would be you) complains and lobbies that businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone, but how dare they tell us we cant bring our AR15s into their store. I can go find the thread if you'd like me to make it any more clear how hypocritical you're being here.

I also disagree with your assertion that doing nothing is worse than these protests. So what do we have to come from these protests? Another entire restaurant chain that is forced to make a policy for all of its stores to not allow guns in its stores. They are of course well within their right to do so as well, and from their point of view it's a smart move. They cannot allow these rifle toting idiots to completely empty their stores of paying customers. Just looking at that picture I posted pretty much spells out why gun owners cant have nice things. And how many more people get turned against guns in general when they see pictures like the one above? It gives most gun owners a horrible image. These people are there to protest what exactly? A civil rights "violation" that doesn't exist? A restaurant chain making good policy to preserve business in the face of lunacy?
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 05-20-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Really Scott? Open carry may be allowed and legal, but if you look a little closer, you'll find most people who carry guns on a daily basis (especially those that conceal carry) are somewhat against open carry. Most of the people doing it are only doing it to make a point. This is why we cant have nice things (gun owners). You're letting political views cloud rational common sense. As much as I support gun rights, these stupid protests are doing absolutely nothing but turning more people and businesses against gun owners. It's hard to fathom a bunch of these idiots walking around in a chipotle with AR15s. I don't blame customers at all for being a bit nervous. They aren't nervous about the guns, they're nervous about the people carrying them, and what people have done with those guns in the past. Things like that absolutely will drive customers away, and cost them a significant amount of business, so it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. Smart business in fact. This will all blow over in a matter of weeks anyway, and nobody will care. In the long run this will cost them little if any business, just like it did for Starbucks. And people who RESPONSIBLY carry weapons (i.e concealed) wont change a thing because nobody in Chipotle ever knew they had a weapon to begin with. The far right (as usual) is trying to turn this into some huge civil rights issue when it isn't. It's a common sense issue. Hopefully these protesting idiots will figure out some day that they're really hurting the cause, not helping. They are winning over nobody.

IB4 somebody calls me a gun hating lefty
    Really, I should have known Colorado-boy would be on the Marxist side of things. You're an idiot. AR15's in a family restaurant, Really ? How much dope were you smoking today ? We're talking small carry handguns here. If I wanted to rob a place I would case it first. If I thought the odds were in my favor I would take a chance. If I saw two or three patrons with guns on their belts I would move on. What part of common sense don't you understand ? Now I know why they call pot DOPE.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Really, I should have known Colorado-boy would be on the Marxist side of things. You're an idiot. AR15's in a family restaurant, Really ? How much dope were you smoking today ? We're talking small carry handguns here. If I wanted to rob a place I would case it first. If I thought the odds were in my favor I would take a chance. If I saw two or three patrons with guns on their belts I would move on. What part of common sense don't you understand ? Now I know why they call pot DOPE.
    You're nothing if not predictable.

As to your point, which you can read upon return from vacation... Chipotles very rarely get robbed, and if they do get robbed, the best course of action for them is to let them take the cash in the register and leave. I can only imagine the horror if Jethro and lil' Wayne (with their no doubt extensive weapons training) from the photo above stand up and open fire in a crowded restaurant with their rifles. Yeah that's not a recipe for disaster. I'm sure the anti-gun crowd would totally think that was worth it to save the restaurant from losing a few hundred bucks.

If I was sitting in a chipotle, conceal carrying, and someone came in to rob the place, I wouldn't move a muscle if all they wanted was money out of the register. I'm not risking my life over some trivial amount of money. If the would-be robber made any move to threaten my or someone else's life, that's a different story then.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 05-20-2014 at 08:51 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    I'm not from Colorado, I'm pro gun, I'm a religious hunter, and I agree with what 5.0 is saying. Nowhere does he say "guns are bad".....he's basically saying these idiots are bad and are bad for guns. I agree with that. We're not talking small arms here....this entire thread has been about chipotle changing it's policy due to the 2 idiots pictured who happen to be holding rifles in a family restaurant. I'll say it again....legally they can (at least could) do it but it was a terrible move for the pro gun side just so 2 guys can post their picture on facebook so they can show just how bad ass they are. Look for other business' to follow suit. Pretty soon you'll be able to open OR conceal carry in your home and car and that's it. Everyone else will make it illegal. Not because most gun owners are irresponsible but because of a few idiots like these 2.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

saw this on a hunting site I go too......looks like it's making it's way around the web

blue
    1999 TransAm

I love when the right (that would be you) complains and lobbies that businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone, but how dare they tell us we cant bring our AR15s into their store. I can go find the thread if you'd like me to make it any more clear how hypocritical you're being here.

I also disagree with your assertion that doing nothing is worse than these protests. So what do we have to come from these protests? Another entire restaurant chain that is forced to make a policy for all of its stores to not allow guns in its stores. They are of course well within their right to do so as well, and from their point of view it's a smart move. They cannot allow these rifle toting idiots to completely empty their stores of paying customers. Just looking at that picture I posted pretty much spells out why gun owners cant have nice things. And how many more people get turned against guns in general when they see pictures like the one above? It gives most gun owners a horrible image. These people are there to protest what exactly? A civil rights "violation" that doesn't exist? A restaurant chain making good policy to preserve business in the face of lunacy?
    ...show me where i've said anything about a private business not having a right/perrogative to prohibit stuff?... ...yeah, you won't find it, because i didn't make any such claim.... that said, ...if a private business decides to go anti-gun, then why would i patronize them?... i wouldn't...

BTW, it's not even clear if chipotle has officially "banned" anything from coming into their stores,... that's all been muddled by the phony victory headlines that bloomturd's groups have been ginning up over this...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Let me hit you all with some knowledge......

Chipotle crunchy tacos are overpriced. 3 for 10 dollars..... it takes like 6-9 of em to fill me. Get a burrito, much more bang for buck.

red
    95 Z28

...show me where i've said anything about a private business not having a right/perrogative to prohibit stuff?... ...yeah, you won't find it, because i didn't make any such claim.... that said, ...if a private business decides to go anti-gun, then why would i patronize them?... i wouldn't...

BTW, it's not even clear if chipotle has officially "banned" anything from coming into their stores,... that's all been muddled by the phony victory headlines that bloomturd's groups have been ginning up over this...
    A few months back a story came out about a bakery getting sued for discriminatory practices for refusing to make a gay couple's wedding cake. The right was absolutely up in arms breathing hellfire that these businesses weren't allowed to refuse service, despite the fact that there are very clear cut laws regarding discrimination and what that entails. The Fox news article spelled it out pretty clearly where they stood. So now we have this issue, and the right is again up in arms (pun intended) that this business is enacting a policy that they're well within their rights to enact. They're pushing hard to make it a civil rights issue when there is none. The right cant have it both ways.

It's always your favorite thing to do to point out hypocrisy on the left. Odd then that when it happens on the right, you either refuse to acknowledge it, or try to twist it to fit your agenda, or just flat out refuse to admit that it is hypocritical in the first place. It's amusing to say the least.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 05-21-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Discrimination is discrimination. The discrimination laws are discriminatory as they hold certain groups higher than others. Protect certain groups and not others. Discrimnation should be illegal all together or legal all together. We should stop this picking and choosing BS.

blue
    1999 TransAm

A few months back a story came out about a bakery getting sued for discriminatory practices for refusing to make a gay couple's wedding cake. The right was absolutely up in arms breathing hellfire that these businesses weren't allowed to refuse service, despite the fact that there are very clear cut laws regarding discrimination and what that entails. The Fox news article spelled it out pretty clearly where they stood. So now we have this issue, and the right is again up in arms (pun intended) that this business is enacting a policy that they're well within their rights to enact. They're pushing hard to make it a civil rights issue when there is none. The right cant have it both ways.

It's always your favorite thing to do to point out hypocrisy on the left. Odd then that when it happens on the right, you either refuse to acknowledge it, or try to twist it to fit your agenda, or just flat out refuse to admit that it is hypocritical in the first place. It's amusing to say the least.
    ...where's the hypocrasy?... who's saying they can't?... do you even read my posts?... is chipotle putting up gunbuster signs or not?... the only BS going on here is that the anti-gun groups who go around lobbying to get gunbusters put up everywhere, ...get headlines for a phony victory... that's what's appalling about all this...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Yep those gun free zones are surely safe....

A Durham, North Carolina restaurant with a sign on its front door reading, "No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms," was robbed at gunpoint on May 19.

Gunsnfreedom.com published a photograph of the sign on May 21, making "The Pit" restaurant a self-declared gun free zone--the same kind of zone Michael Bloomberg and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America pressure other restaurants into becoming.

According to Durham's ABC 11, around 9 PM "three men wearing hoodies entered the restaurant through the back doors with pistols, and forced several staff members to lie on the floor." The armed men "also assaulted two employees during the crime." The suspects are still on the loose.

When Chipotle announced their intended gun ban by saying the sight of law-abiding citizens carrying guns caused customers "anxiety and discomfort," Breitbart News responded with a simple question:

If law-abiding citizens caused customers "anxiety and discomfort," what will those customers feel like when a criminal enters Chipotle, now confident that no victim in the restaurant is allowed to have a gun which which to fight back?

Perhaps the armed attack on "The Pit" can be of some help in answering this question.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

Arctic White, red/gray

Did Chipotle ban conceal and carry? Or did they just make the statement "the sight of law-abiding citizens carrying guns caused customers anxiety and discomfort,"? Because if I were a restaurant owner I would make a similar statement.

Me> "All law abiding citizens who are legally allowed to conceal and carry are welcome to do so in my restaurant. Please refrain from open carrying as not all of my customers share my pro-gun views and I accept that. Also you lose the element of suprise you hold over criminals when you open carry. Thank you for your assistance in protecting my customers and my wealth"
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-22-2014 at 10:39 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Did Chipotle ban conceal and carry? Or did they just make the statement "the sight of law-abiding citizens carrying guns caused customers anxiety and discomfort,"? Because if I were a restaurant owner I would make a similar statement.

Me> "All law abiding citizens who are legally allowed to conceal and carry are welcome to do so in my restaurant. Please refrain from open carrying as not all of my customers share my pro-gun views and I accept that. Also you lose the element of suprise you hold over criminals when you open carry. Thank you for your assistance in protecting my customers and my wealth"
    chipotle is in a "lose/lose" situation here. I personally think they've handled it perfectly so far. They didn't come out and say an outright ban on all guns but just the "sight of guns blah blah blah". I can tell you that if this happened in a business I owned it wouldn't be hard for me to then say all guns are banned. You piss off fewer people that way and with every smart gun owner you allow in you take the chance of allowing one of these 2 yahoos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray

The public moves on quickly. Once this has passed for a month or two the same people who eat there now will still eat there and those who don't still won't. For the most part.

IMO banning guns doesn't stop the yahoos from coming in with guns.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-22-2014 at 11:40 AM.

red
    95 Z28

...where's the hypocrasy?... who's saying they can't?... do you even read my posts?... is chipotle putting up gunbuster signs or not?... the only BS going on here is that the anti-gun groups who go around lobbying to get gunbusters put up everywhere, ...get headlines for a phony victory... that's what's appalling about all this...
    Denial and deflection. As I expected. The hypocrisy of the right in this case is blatantly obvious, but I knew you were never going to admit it, since the right can never do any wrong in your eyes. I admit, I admire your creativity in being able to relate any problem going on in the modern world back to democrats. It's amusing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I've seen that story. I was wondering if you even caught the ironic part where they went through the back door, when the "no guns" sign was almost certainly posted by the front door. lol
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

The most likely scenario was they cased the place, knew it offered no protection making it an easy target.....advertising like that WILL get you robbed.

Wonder how many times it's going to keep happening before he changes his mind.

But lets all live in an ignorant society because some ppl are too sensitive and afraid of metal objects....Yes I know there are many idiots that carry but I solidly believe in the phrase "An armed society is a polite society". So moving on......

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    The most likely scenario was they cased the place, knew it offered no protection making it an easy target.....advertising like that WILL get you robbed.

Wonder how many times it's going to keep happening before he changes his mind.

But lets all live in an ignorant society because some ppl are too sensitive and afraid of metal objects....Yes I know there are many idiots that carry but I solidly believe in the phrase "An armed society is a polite society". So moving on......

I bet the sign played no part in it at all. People who fear other people with weapons aren't ignorant Scott. It isn't the guns they fear anyway, it's the person carrying it, knowing what they can, and have done in the past in situations like the theater shooting if they so choose. And like it has been pointed out, most people don't get too bent out of shape because one random guy has a pistol on his hip while he's eating his burrito. But the two idiots posted above? Even most gun owners would want to get the fuck away from those morons. And if that's the sort of thing that prompted chipotle to act, then I totally understand and even agree. I love how many people think their "rights" are being trampled on, and as a result are going to boycott a business that's just conducting smart business and absolutely doing the right thing concerning their bottom line. lol

blue
    1999 TransAm

...a short aside, ...while i've never carried an AR-style rifle into a restaurant, ...i recall a couple years ago i was attending a professional firearms training school, ...we had done a lot of shooting (handguns), much of the time at a firing line shooting at steel sillouette targets, with other shooters on either side of me...

we broke for dinner because we had low-light stuff planned for the evening... i went into town to a local fast food restaurant, to eat inside... i reached into my pocket to get my wallet, ...and 3 or four spent 9mm casings spilled out and were rolling around the floor i can only imagine it was due to all the brass flying from other people next to me on the firing line

i scrambled to collect them, hoping nobody saw it... ...later, i was sitting down eating my meal, and a lady who was sitting nearby (with her husband?), walked over to me and had a wierd look on her face, handed me one of my 9mm casings... ...it was priceless... then her husband came over and said she was worried but then he told her i was probably a good guy, as he noticed i had an NRA-ILA hat on!

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

No, they're not. They're trying to draw attention to themselves. Carrying rifles in a chipotle is pointless and dangerous. This wasn't some random guy with a handgun on his hip. These protests are 100% hurting the cause.

Anybody that throws out the words "rights" needs to step back and do some reading as your comments have no basis in reality. The constitution restricts the government (federal and state). It does not, in any way, restrict a business from saying no guns on my premises. End of discussion. It's incredibly hypocritical for the right to try to make this a civil rights issue when it never was.

What does that even mean? You're going off on some rant here that has no basis in reality, and little relevance to this discussion. Now you're just throwing out these impassioned statements because the man is takin' away mah gun rights! lol

It means nothing more than you need to know the local laws regarding what businesses you can carry in, and what the ramifications are if you choose not to follow those rules and laws. It's your responsibility as a gun owner that chooses to carry a weapon in public.

Click for full size

If I saw these two retards at a chipotle, I'd leave to. As would all the other customers. Attention whoring at its finest. I hate these people. They're ruining it for gun owners. I'll say it again: these idiots are winning over no one.
    These guys are why they want to expand background checks. They also make me not want to fight the expanded checks. Who would sell these two a Daisy beebee gun after one look is beyond me
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Let me hit you all with some knowledge......

Chipotle crunchy tacos are overpriced. 3 for 10 dollars..... it takes like 6-9 of em to fill me. Get a burrito, much more bang for buck.
    I don't get why they even have those. Who thinks of anything but a burrito when going to one?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information