Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

black
    98 z28 m6

-The shop had fixed the blinkers, that was the only problem at that time. So they prolly wont take it back as something they didnt fix right. The blinkers do work just that 1 inside is still lighting up all weird, outside they are fine.
    -Yes ive checked the pump relay, its fine, i tryed switching it with the AIR 1 or something like that...the 1 right next to it.
    -Yes i have a test light, that and a voltage meter. Thats how i know im not getting any power to the fuel pump.

black
    98 z28 m6

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heres an update...i still have 5 days before the car goes to the shop so i figured id try out some more looking and with the help of my friends dad. Took the headunit out to look at wires and came up with some intresting things. Lots of wires disconnected and other things. I took pics and wrote down what each wire is. It seems like everything for my alarm is unhooked, i know i have 1 becuase i have the sensor thing in the back by the spare tire. Everything on my remote entry works (truck release, door unlock and lock, panic button) Maybe someone can see something wrong here which may have led to my short or w/e the hell my problem is. Thanks guys.

-brown-alarm output.....b
    -black/yellow-mute.....by
    -orange/white-door lock.....ow
    -red/white-alarm sensor.....rw
    -yellow/white-door switch.....yw
    -blue/white-system remote control.....bluew
    -red spliced with black (you cant see the black wire in the pics but its connected to the red with the blue splice thing the black wire is also thivker then all the others-the red is the acc.....rb
    -red and black connector-i have no idea what this is but its totally unhooked and i couldent find anything that it could have plugged into. Also, 1 of the wires coming out of it is totally bare, like just wire, no rubber covering.....rbc

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I thought brown was mute

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    I thought brown was mute
    Nope, you can even see it in the bottom left of the last pic.

Red
    2001 Camaro ss

sorry to hear of all the problem, I have a 99 tahoe, that one day just started making random noises like you had left the turn signal on. I checked all all my lights and everything worked fine, and it seems to make the noise more when it's colder out. I talked to the dealer about it <and a friend who is a service advisor> and they both said it's a multifunction switch. I guess it controls all you'r lights, horn, and it is mounted in the steering wheel colum. for my truck after they diagnosed, and depending on vin # was going to be around $800 to $900, so I have just put up with the noise when it does it but they said it will go, and could loose all you'r lights. just and idea, mine has alway's started and ran fine. that might also control some other things, why you'r car won't start

Nuts, where is the car now ?

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    Nuts, where is the car now ?
    Still sitting in my driveway collecting bird shit for the past 3 weeks. Goes in the shop thursday. Im praying that they can get it done on friday. I had plans since about 3 months and if i have to cancel them...rrrrr Between that and this kid that broke my quad not paying, im ready to crack some skulls.

Thread Information