Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Silver
    '02 WS6

With this setup from Fred Beans, will it work well with only a catback and no headers? Also, is this reliable horsepower? Will I be able to drive my WS6 to work and back without wearing the engine? Sorry, but I don't know shit when it comes to heads and cams!!!!

Realm

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Realm
    I have a 98vert will the LS6 conversion not work?

Plus will AFR heads fit? Also whats the deal with the new Darts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    I dunno...this is the GTO section...doubt a fella could get many F-Body answers here....
    I apologize that was my first post...
    since "ZBoner" mentioned 98 Ls1's I knew he wasn't talking GTO's

Newayz ......MY 98 is a vette but if anyone knows the answers to my questions please feel free.

Thanx

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Zboner is a idiot. Rides the lil bus to school. Yes...the conversion will work for your ride man....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Realm
    Zboner is a idiot. Rides the lil bus to school. Yes...the conversion will work for your ride man....
    Thanx for the reply.

I'm just full of questions tonite....
    the next on that's been on my mind....
    Escalade heads, I believe that they are LQ9.....
    Are they Big chambered versions of the LS6 head?

Boosted Foolz

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    What about the LS6 intake manifold? Doesn't work with the GTO, or already has it?
    the 04 gto has the ls6 intake... the 05's are an ls2, so they have an ls2 intake.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

It is a "known" performer...in other words....there is no guess work....tried and true...consistent and very drivable......very good cost efficiency as it relates to RWHP delivered......short answer is yes.....

Torrid RED
    '06 GTO - COMING

Sarge - U mentioned Fred Beans - Which Beans are you talking about. Just ordered mine from Beans in Limerick, PA

BLACK
    2004 Monaro

What about the LS6 intake manifold? Doesn't work with the GTO, or already has it?
    GTO already has them. The later '05 with the revised PCM and FBW TB might have the LS2 intake though.

Yellow
    2004 GTO

The LS1 powered GTO's come witht he LS6 intake. They are bastard children

jagular
    Quote Originally Posted by Radkon
    The LS1 powered GTO's come witht he LS6 intake. They are bastard children
    Yes. I wish GM had put in the LS6 heads/cam and tune on the '04s. They went half the way there but they probably didn't want the GTO's HP to compete with the '04 'Vette (although the GTO is so heavy there wouldn't be any competition in performance).

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

The LS6 intake came on all LS1's from '01 on. The LS1 in the GTO is a '01-'02 F-Body LS1. Right down to the cam.
    Rob
    04 GTO
    96 WS6

1932 Ford Coupe
    2002 Corvette Ragtop

Summit Racing offers the GM Performance Parts LS1 to LS6 Conversion Package as well. Prices vary per year from 1799.00 - 2199.00. For those who are interested, it is in their catalog in the TPI/LT1/LS1 section.

Red / White
    05 C6 & 98 T/A

The 04 GTO has the LS6 Intake and Block with the LS1 Heads and my understanding a 2001 LS1 cam.

The LS2 has a new Intake with an LS2 Block and LS6 Heads and my understanding a 2002 LS6 cam.

Impulse Blue
    2004 GTO

04 has 01-02 F-Body cam
    05-06 has 01 LS6 cam

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

right!

I dunno...this is the GTO section...doubt a fella could get many F-Body answers here....
    and speaking of gto's----turning the key on your new 402 soon?---anu progress updates would be great---thanks sarge

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup...these things do drag on and on dont they
    We fiddle farted around for a week on the top end setup...the spinner assembly we had to wait on Eagle and the crank so that postponed the entire thing for awhile...so while we waited we went ahead and added a custom driveshaft and some other chassis crap done to it to handle the new RWHP......
    So we ordered a lingenfelter oil pump....160 stat....Underdrive pulley.....wrapped headers and argued/discussed the head/cam setup till our peckers fell off.....ended up with the Patriot Stage II's 64CC chambers and a lil custom cutting.....cam we had made... 238/242, .602 lift on a 114.....so all this crap is now showing up and we will be getting her done this week...hopefully

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

Yup...these things do drag on and on dont they
    We fiddle farted around for a week on the top end setup...the spinner assembly we had to wait on Eagle and the crank so that postponed the entire thing for awhile...so while we waited we went ahead and added a custom driveshaft and some other chassis crap done to it to handle the new RWHP......
    So we ordered a lingenfelter oil pump....160 stat....Underdrive pulley.....wrapped headers and argued/discussed the head/cam setup till our peckers fell off.....ended up with the Patriot Stage II's 64CC chambers and a lil custom cutting.....cam we had made... 238/242, .602 lift on a 114.....so all this crap is now showing up and we will be getting her done this week...hopefully
    I know that it will be ready---it's good that us older guys have a little more patience---sh!t takes time---it would be nice if parts were all at same place but when your ordering from 30 different parts makers it takes awhile for them to get there---and of course you know that at least one very integral, ( must have part) that has to be had before you can go any farther will be late as hello and when it does get there it will be the wrong part and will have to be sent back---that always happens too---keep us posted---and if you give up i got first dibs on your harrop dif cover---lol j/k

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup....patience I got lots of....would rather do it right than get in a damn hurry....I've been watching an argument on another forum about if a guy has a modified LS1 with LS6 heads or does he have a LS6.....it is funnier than hell....the things kids will argue about on the damn internet.....hell...at the end of the day...heads/cam/intake and slap a LS6 badge on your LS1...cuz you got an LS6 now

torrid red/red interior
    2005 GTO 6spd

Lmao!

Yup....patience I got lots of....would rather do it right than get in a damn hurry....I've been watching an argument on another forum about if a guy has a modified LS1 with LS6 heads or does he have a LS6.....it is funnier than hell....the things kids will argue about on the damn internet.....hell...at the end of the day...heads/cam/intake and slap a LS6 badge on your LS1...cuz you got an LS6 now
    That is all an ls6 is, just cam-- heads--& intake on an ls1---

blackonblack
    Sarge -
    Does this set up get 400HP at the crank or at the wheels?

Thread Information