Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Almost everyone in the community is running the stock stall, even with builds more powerful than mine.

I picked up a new solenoid. After looking at it, it seems that some metal could be clogging up on the screen in the solenoid and causing a fluid restriction and my heating problems.
    Just be careful dropping that side cover. Its not difficult to break solenoids while maneuvering it out of the car
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    No offense but that does'nt really explain, prove, or disprove anything.

That's great if you want to sink thousands of dollars into a questionable automatic transaxle.

Anything can be made to handle power with enough money tossed @ it.

Guess it was missed where he's having issues with a level 3 dynotech transmission.

I would never suggest a stock converter would hold up to a spooled app over 400 crank,,

No way an over powered stock converter will produce less heat than a converter made to handle that power level.

As I stated a 12x10 is plenty good enough for cooling.

I'll stick with my posts.. and my opinion that the stock stall is the cause of all the issues here.
    I saw where he had the trans gone through due to a convertor going bad and a solenoid issue. As I stated earlier GM has had trans solenoid problems for years. I see nothing indicating his Dynotech trans is the problem. I know the guys who tested them in their full weight daily or nearly daily driven 10 second cars. His issues are from the convertor not Eric's engineering

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

No one said the trany was bad..

In fact I stated the contrary. I am familier with the Dynotech tranys and also that the founder has passed away.

As I stated now for the 2nd or 3rd time that I feel the stock converter is the issue.

Simply put the cobalt tranys you were speaking of have nothing to do with a dynotech build or this thread.

They don't even have the same castings or bell patterns. Not to mention you're a few years late.

Those were heavily RE-engineered to handle the power of those ecotech engines,, again,, no relation.

I don't plan to discuss this any further with you, or muddy up this thread with nonsense out of respect for Jeremy.

As I said good luck Jeremy.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

The converter a blew was an aftermarket 2750 stall in a stock transmission. I thought I mentioned that.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

This is in my 2000 Grand Prix...

This has happened twice now, once on the three hour cruise home from my tuning session last Friday and once again this afternoon. Both times happened during highway cruising and while in 4th gear at about 70-80mph. The car will start bucking, and if I give it some gas, it will smooth out and will be fine.

Some background: This is my Dynotech transmission. I installed it with my turbo kit and it ran for about 20 miles before the torque converter failed and sent metal shavings throughout the entire transmission. Long story short, I had it torn apart, cleaned up, and reassembled by a shop. I reinstalled the transmission with a stock torque converter with brand new fluid in everything. Now this problem. I talked to the shop that did the rebuild and they think the solenoid may be jammed up from the shavings.

Somewhat related, but I'm not sure...I can't keep my transmission as cool as I want. After some spirited driving, I have steam coming out of my dipstick and the fluid smells burned. My friend believes the fluid is breaking down due to the heat. I have a finned pan and a 12"x10" external cooler mounted in front of the A/C condenser. My next step is to put a 12" pusher fan in front of the cooler. This will be happening on Saturday.

Any ideas? Is the transmission just getting too hot or do I have to replace the solenoid for the torque converter?
    The converter a blew was an aftermarket 2750 stall in a stock transmission. I thought I mentioned that.
    Woops!

That changes things a bit..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Okay I went back through my posts and just to clear up any confusion.

Stock 4T65e, not so good (this is well known) bolted to any modded or even unmodded engine..

IMHO not worth modding when there are better transaxle options out there in stock form.

4T65e Level 3 Dynotech,,, known to be good.

Stock stall, used in conjunction with a level 3 dynotech 4T65e,,

I would'nt personally run a stock converter with ANY performance trany.

DO people run stock converters? Yes, some get away with it some don't.

When considering the work involved with tearing a w-body drive train down why would you?

Hopefully that clears a few things up..

Gray/ White

Personally I think its easier than changing it out for a manual. But I'm lazy when it comes my daily drivers

A stockj GT is far more common mod than something to claim as a some et away with. Its practicly the only way to go
    Last edited by GTP231; 09-30-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Thread Information