Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I park the H3 across 6 spaces @ the top of lots.

No need to worry really..

If they are too lazy to walk the 10 yards to a shopping card cage, they sure as hell are not going to walk 100 yards usually up hill to scratch my Hummer..

Last person to bang one of my camaro's had their wiper arms removed and set aside..XD

The other thing is I don't care if my parking pissed people off..XD

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I park the H3 across 6 spaces @ the top of lots.

No need to worry really..

If they are too lazy to walk the 10 yards to a shopping card cage, they sure as hell are not going to walk 100 yards usually up hill to scratch my Hummer..

Last person to bang one of my camaro's had their wiper arms removed and set aside..XD

The other thing is I don't care if my parking pissed people off..XD
    very true!
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Ray Charles blue

Hitting someone is different from using a gun. Are people on here really that slow to try and compare the two?

You get in a fight and get arrested. Here in PA the cops arrest BOTH in a fight and if one presses charges they both get charges pressed against them. The difference is you SHOOT someone your ass DOES go to jail. You will NEVER own another firearm and your record will show this. A fight is MUCH LESS than shooting someone.

You guys make me laugh at your inability to comprehend the most simple of concepts and unless they are pointed out to you....you dont get them.

Laughable actually. lol I said I HAVE hit someone. I didnt say I was going to hit him, now did I? Good lord, again, maybe its over your heads because again (and I repeat because it needs to be said multiple times) your ability to comprehend is very small. Saying you WILL pull out your GLOCK is much different........

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

If someone is breaking into my car I can shoot them and thanks to my states castle doctrine I will not be charged and I cannot be taken to civil court by the family. what made it funny though was that you are stated you will go jail if you pull a gun on someone and that it would be stupid to do so but the same thing happens if you punch that person. Shooting is a bit more of a punishment if you are not following the law but he never said he was gonna shoot em, stick a glock in their ass was the term I believe lol.

But whatever, I am all for punching people before shooting them.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 10-26-2012 at 05:24 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Castle doctrine was recently passed in PA as well as we can open carry a gun everywhere (no concealed carry needed unless you plan to conceal) but cities of the first class.

Philly is the only city that you can't open carry..

Arctic White, red/gray

Castle doctrine was recently passed in PA as well as we can open carry a gun everywhere but cities of the first class.

Philly is the only city that you can't open carry..
    We have always had open carry in WI but it is BS. CCW is where it is at, I do not need people knowing that I have a gun and where it is. Also do not need everyone giving me weird looks and stepping in front of their children as I walk by. Plus then you have to put the gun in its case when you enter you car if you only have open carry.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I don't worry about what people think.

Arctic White, red/gray

I don't worry about what people think.
    It is not about what people think, it is about what they will do and what they know. There have been multiple cases of people calling police on open carriers. Also do not need people knowing that I have a gun and where it is for my own advantage. Someone could walk up and try to snatch it or if something does happen and we get into a scuffle they could try to grab for it.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Who cares! Don't care what you do or don't want people to know.

Let them call the cops does'nt mean shit to me nor negate the 2nd amendment.
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-26-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Are you guys still going on about this crap? Really? Like Smittro says,,,,,Who cares. I mean really? If someone double parking is bothering you that much,,,,you need to get a hobby because you are spending too much time worrying about shit that doesn't even concern you.

As far as carrying goes,,, around here is nothing new. Arizonians like their guns just like several other states, and if you plan to tangle with personal property around here in any way, shape or form, you better be ready to stare down a barrel, because just about everyone around here carries and chances are pretty good someone will pull one out. Screw with my stuff, my family, and that's what you get. Conservatives will have a hard time grasping that concept, they always have.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

What was this thread about again? Anyone?

It WAS about 2 guys nagging about who's car is faster, like that was going anywhere anyway

Arctic White, red/gray

Who cares! Don't care what you do or don't want people to know.

Let them call the cops does'nt mean shit to me nor negate the 2nd amendment.
    Unfortunately the cops around here are dumb to gun laws. Partially because they are ignorant and partially because there is new gun legislation that they do not fully understand. There has been cases of people having there guns take while using open carry, then they have to go to a court hearing to get the gun back which is a waste of time and tax payer dollars. Some cops have a arrest em all and let the DAs sort them out mentality.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Are you guys still going on about this crap? Really? Like Smittro says,,,,,Who cares. I mean really? If someone double parking is bothering you that much,,,,you need to get a hobby because you are spending too much time worrying about shit that doesn't even concern you.

As far as carrying goes,,, around here is nothing new. Arizonians like their guns just like several other states, and if you plan to tangle with personal property around here in any way, shape or form, you better be ready to stare down a barrel, because just about everyone around here carries and chances are pretty good someone will pull one out. Screw with my stuff, my family, and that's what you get. Conservatives will have a hard time grasping that concept, they always have.
    I haven't mentioned or been a part of the parking debate or argument since I posted in this thread.

Arizona has some of the best gun laws and have had them for a while which means people are used to the idea of good guys with guns. CCW was just passed here in WI in November of 2011 so it hasn't even been a full year yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I haven't mentioned or been a part of the parking debate or argument since I posted in this thread.

Arizona has some of the best gun laws and have had them for a while which means people are used to the idea of good guys with guns. CCW was just passed here in WI in November of 2011 so it hasn't even been a full year yet.
    Interesting. I didn't know WI had it, although they do offer some CCW classes here in AZ for other states so we know the "ins and outs" of carrying when we travel. I am actually going to take Utah soon because we frequent there.

We don't actually require CCW here but they highly recommend people take classes anyway, which we do, just to keep up on certain laws as well as law enforcement looks upon a CCW (even though they are not required here) as a person who has had training and is trying to be a responsible gun owner, and that's a good thing. Plus other classes we take for handling, safety, how to gain advantages in situations, fast shooting at a target or multiple targets. These classes branch off into other things.
    It's so popular here that a very good training school here local that also trains law enforcement and military is constantly booked and sold out. Like I mentioned, guns are popular here and everyone carrys. You are right in that it's become so common around here that people are used to the idea, and carrying openly doesn't phase anyone around here.
    Anyway, getting back to the classes, About 20-25 different classes per month and you have to buy ahead of time. They take kids as young as 7-8 years old to teach them proper safety, and as young as 12 can shoot at the indoor ranges.
    CCW class here is good for 5 years, so my son can take that class as young as 16 and then apply for the CCW when he is 21.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 10-26-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Well hunting has always been huge in WI, one of the top three states with over 700,000 hunters a season. So guns in general do not scare people but handguns being worn to public places seems to. More so in the urban areas for obvious reasons, up north I would feel fine open carrying. Being a hunting state there are many people who have taken hunters saftey which includes a fair amount of gun control teachings but not handguns, more so long guns. I took mine when I was 11 and have been shooting on my family's property up north since years before then.

Every state other than IL now offers CCW. In WI you need atleast 4 hours of training and since a few months prior to CCW being passed into law the classes have been full up. Hunters safety qualified me as trained even though it was 13 years ago and had little to do with handguns and nothing to do with self defense situations. I have taken some more advanced handgun classes but I am sure not everyone with a hunters ed cert has.

That's interesting Zinergy, I didn't know the class would last that long up there. Here it's good for 5 years, so if you take the class and then don't complete the paperwork before that 5 year period, you have to take the class again. It's $160 and is an 8 hour long class. Which is why we are waiting for my son to take the CCW class (it's pointless at his age since he can't legally have a CCW until 21 years of age)

But, they offer other classes for him just to teach gun handling, safety, how to shoot etc..for about any age. That's a good thing not just for us as a family, but good knowledge for him when he is at a friends house and someone decides to pull out daddys gun and say, "hey look at this" type of situation,,,if you know what I mean. Better to have him know what's right and wrong than to find out in an unfortunate way.

So your classes are full too huh? I think America in general wants to arm themselves. So it seems.

Arctic White, red/gray

In the first month they got 150-200k CCW apps and something like 3% were denied. I do not know what the number is now that it has been a year. I am sure it slowed down after the first initial hit from all the people who have waited years for this to be law. Teaching children about guns is needed when guns are present. My oldest is 5 she knows if she even touches a gun without me present there are serious consequences and that is the way it will be for a while but she does know the basic gun rules. Always treat even gun as if it were loaded, always check evey gun to make sure it is not loaded and then once the check is complete continue to treat the gun as if it was loaded. She is a bit of a girly girl so guns are often far from her mind but they are a part of my life and so they are a part of hers.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

[QUOTE=Zinergy;2811588]
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post

I laughed at this same thing. Compromise you future over something some random person you do not even know says to you? That sounds a bit more moronic
    .....ironic!.....

White
    2008 Hummer H3

The open carry laws here in PA (one of the original 13 colonies) are very old.

You can open carry in PA @ the age of 18 (unless prhibited by law) and as far as in your car,

a PA License to Carry Firearms (LTCF) is needed to open carry in a vehicle and cities of the first class (Philadelphia).

Mainly if you transport a fire arm here it just needs to be unloaded with weapon and ammo secured and seperated.

When or if you get pulled over you are required to inform law enforcement of the presence of a firearm (and they nearly always ask here) so that they can inspect it for their safety and yours.

Not having a concealed carry permit rarely concerns the police here as many people here have guns.

They just want to be sure it's safely secured and usually send you on your way after a quick look over of your weapon/s.

Not so bad for a blue state really.
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-26-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information